Pool Ladders and Pathing Errors: The Sims Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Carnivorous Moogle, Aug 31, 2016.

1. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

@witchknights your sims are too hot you need to stop immediately also, do you post sims to the gallery cause i love your faces. especially the noses. i do a lot of randomizing cause i do terrible same face

2. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I dont post them to the gallery because of the immense amounts of CC in them, but if you want i can strip them to vanilla and upload the tray files :3 just point me to who you want

3. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

So I wanted to play Midnight Hollow for seasonal appropriateness. (I have a lot of official Sims 3 DLC, as I was pretty actively engaged in the watch-ads-for-ten-cents-each-and-give-each-other-gifts social scene. It was actually a lot of fun and I'm still very kindly disposed towards the advertisers who fronted the cash for that venture. I'm pretty sure my sister has actually gone out of her way to visit some of the cities that advertised their tourism. It was honestly a fantastic idea. Occasionally I'd even buy things that went on sale with my own cash so I could gift even better. And, you know, own more stuff. So I have a lot of DLC, specifically for that game.)

I wanted to play some of my old favorite sims in a new copy of this neighborhood, and I'd discovered a save file where Laura and Mayumi had gotten married. They're a cute couple. The family that spars in the entryway together right after moving in stays together.

Crouching Laura Flying Vampire
    Screenshot-2567.jpg
    The blue tone that would make everyone else look bloodless makes Mayumi, who was already extremely pale, light blue.

This is a very nice house. They're completely loaded because Laura is the daughter of some extremely successful world travelers (I think they had vacation homes in all three world locations, which they'd occasionally stay at when she was a child) and Mayumi is a vampire who's been around a while. They've also both picked up some martial arts. (For all that they're technically the same rank, Laura trounced Mayumi twice. She's way more athletically accomplished.)

Oh yeah, and because this was a brand new neighborhood I was going through all my NRAAS settings *again* because I never remember to save ones I trust to be thorough.

And that's how I totally forgot that we'd gotten a prompt about an adventure involving a burst water main in the new house. Of course I accepted the challenge. Yay challenge! Then promptly forgot about it while I fiddled around with settings and the ladies launched Matrix kicks at each other's heads before wandering upstairs to check out the third floor home gym. Like I said, they're loaded.

I refuse to pay repairpeople to take away an opportunity to improve skills, so they both had to stop mid-workout when I noticed that indeed, all the plumbing fixtures in this entire three story house are making puddles all over the beautiful flooring.

I can't help but feel like a couple things are wrong with this picture:
    Screenshot-2571.jpg

Mayumi has decided to fix the sink from the convenient location of inside the sink. Okay fine. The wrench behind the back is a neat trick. But if you're wondering what on earth Laura is wearing, 1) me too, and 2) that's her workout clothing. I have no idea. This woman is a successful professional athlete.

Laura, honey, it's not that you don't look fantastic. You do. But gracious me, that is a Look.

Also the college mascot is outside on the doorstep commenting on how much he'd like to get to know them better on account of how skilled they are. Erm, no thanks, everyone is a bit busy and also a bit married at the moment.

• Winner x 3
  4. witchknights

Some more unfinished sims from my future all elf save

This is Nira. I have to mess with makeup and skin details before i apply her vallaslin but she worships the Mother of Halla, because she... keeps the Halla. She's also Idrilla's ex and the relationship exploded horribly.

10-06-18_12-48-42 AM.png

This is Oindys. He's a runaway city elf and a ~musician~
    10-06-18_12-48-52 AM-2.png

And then there's this dude? I have no idea who he is as a person.
    10-06-18_12-48-26 AM.png

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    • Winner x 2
  5. bornofthesea670

[​IMG]
    This is Destiny Walker, she was shipwrecked during an end of the summer yacht party. I have very bad screenshots this time, I've had a rough day tbh

since the shipwrecked challenge assumes your sim begins with the items from a survival baggie, i gave her a large tent, a camp shower, a few tubs of supplies for decoration, a wash basin and a clothesline. the line itself was from the survival kit, the posts she rigged up herself with wood scavenged from the woods/beach. she used a campfire to cook for all of fall and winter, and ate nothing but veggie dogs since i made her a vegetarian. she should have been eating fresh foraged veg, but i went with veggie dogs and assumed she was eating the vegetarian equivalent of canned vienna sausages. poor thing. the kit came with a 'knife' so i gave her the woodworking table, two packets of seeds, and for winter clothing i gave her some ugly but serviceable sweatpants, boots, and a parka.

[​IMG]
    vlad visited and DID MY LAUNDRY what the HELL, vlad, you're supposed to be evil

[​IMG]
    it rained almost the entire time during fall. i only managed two loads of dried laundry. in winter, since i was using a tent and sims don't change into pajamas for those, she practically lived in her parka and i didn't have to do laundry at all. kinda gross, but tbh living in a tent i don't think i'd ever want to take off my coat either. at least she showered. no tropical island for the sims 4 yet, so poor Destiny had the lovely weather of windinburg's island.

[​IMG]
    fer warmth and cause i love the selvadoran chimney (and also for christmas)

[​IMG]
    i gave her the gloomy trait since i figured the experience of being shipwrecked with near-constant low social would give her some kind of depression or ptsd.

look at how COLD she is, please give us a warmer island world maxis, ur killing us. also i refuse to do a shipwrecked-on-an-island play through without using a literal island. i felt pretty bad for her when it got to freezing temps..

[​IMG]
    popcorn and cranberry decorations!

[​IMG]
    did i screw father winter three times in a row to have a nooboo? you betcha.

[​IMG]
    when spring came I gave her someplace to store food, and a scavenged barrel became a grill. also she's had brown hair for a while. she took the weave out after a week or two, it was difficult to keep it clean and untangled with shitty bar-soap from the survival kit and a single comb

[​IMG]
    mmmm taters. after her first non-campfire meal in half a year, she went into labor, and i non-canonically sent her to the hospital because i've never actually gotten around to having a baby there.

[​IMG]
    it started moving and i was like 'is the doctor invisible..?'

[​IMG]
    nope, there she is!

[​IMG]
    the arms got into an argument..

[​IMG]
    the obligatory 'oh fuck, thats a heart!' photo. i like to think thats like, in all the baby books in sim nation.

[​IMG]
    baby! her papa was santa claus so i named her Joy. i was hoping for twins so i could name the other one Holly, but alas.

[​IMG]
    apparently the baby called her own taxi, so Destiny went home alone.

• Winner x 2
  6. bornofthesea670

@witchknights if you don't mind, Iselin is adorable and I love her

I am level -1 when it comes to computer things, especially with my macbook. my old dell was a marvelous ancient gentlemen who practically held your hand but THIS BITCH -ahem anyway

what is a tray file and how do i do the thing with them

also what the fuck are you talking about, only the toddlers are ugly. the youngest son is a precious child and i love the idea of a mage kid running around with his braid flying behind him

7. bornofthesea670

[​IMG]
    i loaded up the save to Bella skilling...

[​IMG]
    Alex crying in his sleep, and I hope his bad day at school wasn't caused by one of his classmates cause this ain't bethesda and i CAN and MIGHT kill a child

[​IMG]
    Cassie is playing the violin, with a poster given to her by her papa behind her

[​IMG]
    look at that smile <3

[​IMG]
    and Mort is sleeping. I don't know WHY he is sleeping cause he gotta pee and he got an old man bladder

[​IMG]
    GO PEE, Mort

[​IMG]
    good lad

[​IMG]
    later on the kids do homework...

[​IMG]
    Mortimer writes his first book..

[​IMG]
    and Alexander watches some tv before school

[​IMG]
    after school he brings home a friend. Her name is Aurora.

[​IMG]
    before i let them talk to one another, I had him do some chores. I never pass up an opportunity to get those manners and responsibility skills up. i wish the didn't take so long to fill, though.

[​IMG]
    this is Aurora's dad, he is hot

[​IMG]
    I sent Cass downstairs to play for tips, but her level was too low. she was a 3 instead of a 4. also it was too cold for that outfit, though i think her fancy wear is adorable. i had her introduce herself to Malcolm instead. He isn't my first choice for her, I'm actually going to see if she and Hugo have any chemistry. I see her being a famous musician with a pretty house with a garden someday. And Hugo grew on me due to someone else's sim story. i'll look it up if it interests anyone. he ends up with a chica named Carmen (and half of the town including his sister's wife...Nraas is some crazy shit)

[​IMG]
    instead of playing for tips I had her raise her level so that NEXT time she can. Also her winter clothes are cute too. I love Cass, she's one of my favorite sims to dress.

[​IMG]
    I might have to save Elsa's older sister, though... Honey I'm so sorry, randomized clothing is so often BAD. (is her name Tara? it's slipped my mind.)

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  8. witchknights

some recent developments at that house i was building
    Salem and the BEST wallpaper for the bathroom that i found for simblreen

10-07-18_11-48-15 PM.png 10-08-18_12-02-33 AM.png

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

I was going to be all 'oh, that house is actually pretty neat, nice and witchy sort of atmosphere', and then I saw tHe BAck

I understand he's some kind of psychopath (details are unknown because his page on the FMA wiki was just a copy-paste of the Wikipedia 'cockroach' article), but he doesn't look that bad. Maybe a bit unusual for a girl to resemble him, but sure.

• Like x 1
  10. witchknights

What back??? I have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Kimbley is a dude who thinks it's a good fun sport to explode war orphans with his sciencey explosion powers and more or less teams up with the villain of the series for shits and giggles.

• Agree x 1
  11. witchknights

I'd love to share her!

tray files are what's in the documents/EA/TS4/Tray folder. it's where all the gallery items are when you make/download them! so if you want to share something outside of the gallery or have downloaded something from outside the gallery that isn't a mod you put it there, it's... 3-4 files per item i think. Character creation and other mods go in the docs/EA/TS4/mods folder; i'm not sure it's the same path for macs but i could check. but I could share via the gallery too, you'd just have to pinky promise to not notice that my origin id is super lame.

thank you for thinking Feli is precious! I love him very much and he is absolutely adorable running around in his little braid doing his little magics

• Like x 1
  12. witchknights

Also, this is how the house looks right now! Despite me having literally twelve gigabyte of custom content, I don't have a lot of deco items. my goal now is to find good, tiny string lights so that i can scrap all lamps, and good curtains and shelves and artwork for the walls. The back is still bad.

Also, Piper is adorable, even if she somehow loses her tiefling horns when she goes to bed.
    Sem título.png
    10-08-18_11-54-44 PM.png 10-08-18_11-55-58 PM-2.png 10-08-18_11-56-29 PM-3.png 10-08-18_11-56-56 PM.png 10-08-18_11-57-50 PM.png 10-09-18_12-07-11 AM.png 10-09-18_12-12-28 AM.png 10-09-18_12-12-57 AM.png 10-09-18_12-07-36 AM.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • Winner x 2
  13. Verily

As @witchknights said, he’s a pretty terrible person. I’d describe him as “thrilled about going mad with power” and “the worst case scenario threat vector in this situation, which is war, so pretty damn bad”.

It wasn’t just her features, which were, granted, a bit odd for a non-anime child. It was the way she smiled. She looked like the gleeful embodiment of arson.

• Agree x 1
  14. bornofthesea670

i wasn't sure if you'd rather not post her to the gallery in case of reskins or copycats or whatever the sims version of a recolor is. But if you wouldn't mind, gallery would be much easier for me! and if you see a sim I use I'm down to share as long as I still have the family saved.

• Like x 1
  15. Verily

I unfortunately don’t think I have her file anymore due to a hard drive failure. I’m not sure whether/what photographic evidence may exist but I can look next week! (Currently out of town.) She was Sims 3 and probably had at least some cc, so not really sure the gallery would have been all that useful anyway.

16. witchknights

Gleeful embodiment of arson is a pretty good way to describe him, yeah. And it does make me a bit sad we dont have more... antagonistic sim stuff? Tho i think the Arsonist trait would be a bit too much for the spirit of the game.

• Agree x 1
  17. bornofthesea670

18. bornofthesea670

tbh i think arsonist sims would fit in perfectly. we already have kleptomaniac, and the ability to fuck up people's plumbing, and knocking over trash cans, and the criminal career. maybe it can be like when folks would enter your house and steal items in sims 2, or somewhat like the repo man. just burn up a few pieces of furniture, or any trash on the floor, and then the owner would have a pile of ash and a lot of screaming to do

• Agree x 3
  19. witchknights

It would need to be set up so Sims couldn't catch fire from arsonist started fires, tho. I mean... what would that do to the other sim? Give them a 'blood on their hands moodlet?

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  20. bornofthesea670

Have you guys heard about the new pack? a new world and i think their adding cars, which is not really needed but i only use them as a status symbol anyway

think they're calling it 'get famous' and i am SO excited. making a new sim immediately <3

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice