Pool Ladders and Pathing Errors: The Sims Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Carnivorous Moogle, Aug 31, 2016.

1. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This is Blair, she's another vampire I made with the idea that she died and was finished turning in the morgue before they had a chance to autopsy her (that happens sometimes, a sim has vampire somewhere in the bloodline and occasionally they just Come Back, it's rare but they still have a law that you can't autopsy until 12 hours after legal death unless it's a murder victim or something. Cause resurrecting AFTER autopsy is painful AF and then the police have to pay for emotional and physical damages) ANYWAY she was given a coffin and sent off into the world i guess idk i haven't published an entire book on the law as it would pertain to the undead.

She's halfway through the business career and is going into painting next. eventually i'll use her in El Sol or whatever Sim Angeles is called. She's got level ten fishing cause it made good side-money and she doesn't have to buy plasma packs since she makes her own out of the cheaper fish.

[​IMG]
    i fibbed, she had a coffin and a bathtub because stinky sims make me sad. i tell myself they can bathe in the sea or something so i allow a cheap bathtub.

• Like x 3
  2. bornofthesea670

HOOO BOY ok so i got a big update tomorrow for Blair cause i accidentally played her for 5 hours but I'm only posting this fam right now as a sort of teaser and also it's like 3 in the morning i need to sleep. my dog was super needy tonight so i didn't get to chill and veg until after eleven and then whoops its almost dawn

so Blair went to selvadora to raid some tombs cause she wants to be able to afford a big ass mansion in Simmywood, and i nearly always fall in love with the selvadoran sims, i think it's the sumbasim that gets me. them shaky hips

so i yoinked a bunch of unrelated (well the kids belonged to respective moms i guess) sims outta selvadora and made them into this household.

[​IMG]
    first off is Adriana Miranda, she is the kinda-matriarch of this ragtag fam. She wants to see if she can work off the last of the baby weight (your son is nine, Adriana, but you do whatever you think you need to do) and get a job as an actress. She's driven but also always down to go clubbing. Dancing is one of her biggest loves, directly after her family.

[​IMG]
    little Matias is her son, he was the product of a tryst between Adriana and a tourist. He was a nice guy but she didn't want to let him know about the baby cause he had already left for home by the time she found out she was pregnant and she chickened out. Me and her late mother are not quite sure about that decision, but shit happens and I'm not gonna judge her. I'd do the same tbh which is why I'm paranoid about pregnancy. ANYWAYS little Matias wants to be a soccer player, but his mom thinks he should go into something that will use his brain or his interest in the arts.

[​IMG]
    I kinda forgot her name but she's very cute and very gay and she's going to go into the competitive gaming career. I head canon her as autistic and a hopeless romantic, finding her a girlfriend is going to be heckin' fun. Maybe she'll find love with an up and coming actress, we'll see what families are shipped in with Get Famous (if not, Penny Pizzazz is always an option -cough-)

[​IMG]
    Pilar is the younger and more down to earth Miranda sister. She still can outdance most anyone, that's just the Miranda way. She doesn't know what she wants to do, but she's absolutely gorgeous so I'm sure I'll do something neat with her. Or maybe she'll be an artist and keep out of her sister's spotlight. I don't know yet.

[​IMG]
    and last but certainly not least is little Romina Miranda, Pilar's kid. I say kid because maxis had them in as female but after looking at what the clothing and hair was looking like when I plopped them in CAS, I think we might have a binary kidlet on our hands. I'll let them play around with their appearance and see what turns out feeling right for the character. Romina's biological dad is much older than Pilar, and he's with the group cause he helped them all get their visas, and personally he's there to see what this new city is like and to keep an eye on his kid. Pilar and him had a relationship way back in the day, and Pilar regrets most of it but would do it all again to have her baby. Romina hasn't learned that he's their dad, and might not for a little while. He's one of those ex-cons who's very charismatic and has a 'code'. Or had a code. He swears he's too old for that shit now, and Adriana made it pretty clear he's out on the pavement if she finds out he's back in the business. I really should take a pic of him but he's just kinda a regular looking guy. You'll see him in future screenshots.

(I don't have a picture of the older fella, but Blair was chatting him up and he was pretty friendly and then when she asked him what his job was he said he was the Boss at Mobwives and my face went o_o anyway i'll pic him later, he's nice looking but just an average adult sim with a greying beard and many secrets behind his warm brown eyes.)

anyway goodnight ya'll

• Winner x 2
  3. bornofthesea670

OK, so Blair. I moved her up to the Landgrabb apartment because the windows are nice and the poor dear deserved a decent roof over her head. I also had her grow her hair out, it had been like 3-4 weeks, and I changed some of her clothes.

[​IMG]
    why do i need to MAKE my own faces when you can get lucky within a minute of randomizing? anyway i gave her the grey highlights to make her look more distinguished and it gives most hairstyles better definition. black hair just looks like the void sometimes.

[​IMG]
    everyday 'work' clothes (she's a VP at this point, only CEO to go!)

[​IMG]
    comfy at-home sweater

[​IMG]
    these are her 'hunting' clothes but she's mostly been snacking on her neighbors.

[​IMG]
    summer

[​IMG]
    winter. i haven't given her make up for this look, but vamps can't feel the cold or heat, as far as i can tell. they never change clothes or get the moodlet.

[​IMG]
    howdy neighbor, aren't i strangely alluring. let's talk about your neck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    he invited himself over for a game of chess the day after and his neck still had her fang marks. i guess it's meant to be a handy way of being able to tell when you can drink from them again.

[​IMG]
    she prefers his blood (according to a moodlet) but Lily is tasty as well

[​IMG]
    i gave her a social media account for the heck of it and cause it will come in handy for her acting career. also who doesn't want to follow a sexy vamp? she's got over 200 followers right now.

[​IMG]
    post coitus snack. i had her try for baby twice but didn't have her take a pregnancy test, since i think that ups the chances, in my experience anyway. no babies yet, which is nice, so she can focus on her career and hobbies. She does eventually want to grow the Goldstone brand- I mean family.

[​IMG]
    did you know you can keep reading the vamp book after reaching level fifteen in order to up your vamp level? hallelujah, cause growing it the old fashioned way takes too long and i wanted to get her the sun walking perk so she could take a much needed vacation.

[​IMG]
    this is Adriana before i CASed her.

[​IMG]
    THIS fucker in the middle was apparently an ass, everyone kept having his face crossed out in speech bubbles. i think he might be a vampire as well, he ordered a plasma jane.

[​IMG]
    after tomb-raiding she got the last of her logic and charisma skills needed to get her next promotion

[​IMG]
    and then i let her dance. she was on vacay for about eight days. vamps are nice cause they don't sleep. just shower and feed them, since she's got the rarely lonely trait.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  4. bornofthesea670

In the vacation pictures you can see pre-makeover Pilar and Gamer Girl! It's like where's waldo.

5. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i have redownloaded sims 4 for the millionth time because....i dunno. i need to stop impulse deleting it from my computer is the message i'm getting here. anyway the gameplay isn't my fave and i wish there was a color wheel BUT i really like the cas for making fan characters. the cartoony style is a lot less unsettling for me than sims 3 was? good shit. so i'm just gonna scoot some characters i made over here
    [​IMG]
    an karkat because i do what the Fuck i want.
    i spent so much fucking time making that snoot. sims did NOT want to work with me there.
    [​IMG]
    then a tyrian karkat from my swap au.
    pretty much exactly the same face? i tweaked it around just a little bit. the jawline is a liiiiil different because pinkkat is thinner. somehow that difference manages to make pinkkat look like such a shit. fascinating.
    [​IMG]
    we are taking angled portraits because eye contact from sim creatures frightens some primal part of my hindbrain.
    also because snoot. sims really did not want me to give him the beak he so rightfully deserves.
    [​IMG]
    and then the same deal here as above, made dave and then worked from his face to make dave lalonde. pretty much the same except for the jawline because my davelal is a noodle whereas my og dave is a little chunky, and less freckles because dave actually goes outside in the sun. davelal..does not. so less even though he is predisposed to freckling. oh and eye color. thanks vampire expansion for making red and purple eyes ship with the base game.
    i actually wasn't gonna make the swap ones and then davelal's stupid toothpaste hair AND purple hair AND purple eyes all shipped with the base game and i was like...shit...i gotta.......
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    and a rose. and a profile because i just think she's real pretty in profile. basically had it auto generate a twin from davestri and tweaked it until she looked like my rose. which i think worked because there's deffo some resemblance there imo.

now to bury myself in custom content

• Winner x 5
  6. bornofthesea670

-whispers- red and purple were always in the base game thats why i loved their CAS

the brighter red and purple are vamp colors

7. artistformerlyknownasdave

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like x 2
  8. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I’ve downloaded So Many Eye Color for TS4 because I think they’re hella dim compared to what I want. I want red to be what my mom would Texanly call RAYed.

• Like x 2
  9. bornofthesea670

i have that issue but with skyrim

gimme rainbow eyes i am my own OC dammit

• Agree x 1
  10. artistformerlyknownasdave

and now for the family i'm actually playing. sorry for minimal screenies, i didn't even think about it. this is all gameplay from yyyyesterdayish.
    13.png
    13.png
    her sense of fashion is exactly as loud as she is. my sweet dumb daughter.

made this girl on a whim when i liked the face the randomizer gave me. remembered colored hair existed halfway through fucking around with hairstyles, decided she needed that GOOD good blue hair. i also knew i wanted to play around with the collecting features of the game + that i wanted to explore the one game pack my bro bought (outdoor retreat) ages ago.
    SO with that in mind i decided she would be a very loud, very colorful, very rowdy Outdoors Gay. her name is sloane.

no job because she's just selling produce from her garden + unneeded shit she finds/catches. which is doing fine in that i can pay her bills and slowly improve her house, but i tell ya what, it's no life of luxury. kept up her social need by making her meet random townies (see also: potentially cute gorls). did not find gf material but DID end up having a sim who kept asking to come over, so, sloane now has one (1) friend. i'm so proud of you sloane.

remembered embarrassingly late that there were like, actual locations i could send her to. sent her to the park to do a fishing and see what there is to see. not much of relevance to me since chess isn't really her bag but still fun! remembered that mortality was a thing and she needed someone to Carry On Her Legacy. WIFEQUEST: BEGIN. took her and her Single Friend to the bar for a girls' night. and lo, a cute-ass girl sat down right next to sloane. yes. yessssss. they talked, they hit it off. oh yeah. invited Cute Girl over the next day, they hung out for most of the day. found out she has the glutton trait. it's all good it's all good, sloane's a great cook. she can PROVIDE.

invited her over again the day after that, things were going well so i initiated STAGE TWO of WIFEQUEST and had 'em flirt a lil bit. went very well! found out girl has the perfectionist trait, i can work with that hell yeah. asked her to spend the night and then had my girl sloane make those like, flirty cookie things. because i did not have any other leftovers in the fridge and i wanted emergency snacks available for hongry girl. also because they were cute and the idea of her making cookies to flirt with gf was adorable. good plan, because that was breakfast for both of them the next morning. a little more flirting, then she was off to work i assume? sloane had time to tend her garden and go for a jog and then was asked out on a date at ~the lounge.~ i obviously had her say yes and splurged a little bit on a drink with "cupid" in the name for them both because i assumed that would give a flirty mood. assumed correctly.

they then engaged in frankly ludicrous amounts of pda. fantastic. it was time.....to move WIFEQUEST forward. they are now ~official girlfriends~ and apparently soulmates, which i thought was super cute. goals for today: figure out how the hell you make floral arrangements. make girl flowers. continue seducing girl. figure out what the hell her third trait is. propose. use that sweet sweet game pack to take them on a honeymoon into the woods or whatever the shit. use new girl's exciting STABLE INCOME to expand their house OR move them out. adopt babby. FAMILY LINE SECURED.

• Winner x 4
  11. artistformerlyknownasdave

sloane was invited to an acquaintance's house for a birthday party. noticed this in the kitchen when she was leaving.
    13.png
    i....okay....

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. bornofthesea670

WIFEQUEST

i love everything about that omg. u need to show us the eventual wedding and the lucky lady!

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  13. bornofthesea670

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    everyday (an influencer can't have just one outfit, especially one trying to create a new look)

[​IMG]
    fancy

[​IMG]
    Romina working on their aspiration (Matias has the artistic one)

[​IMG]
    Pilar and Romina being cute

[​IMG]
    Sims being lured to a stereo like moths to a porch light

[​IMG]
    upstairs. their house came with brindleton bay. the boy's room and bathroom is to the right, and Adriana and her kid, her niece/nephew guys help me think of a nongendered term thanks, or her sis can share the big bed with her. i put the master bath on the landing overlooking the weird indoor patio since no one can see up anyway and the house is kinda small

[​IMG]
    downstairs with the patio (with stereo that replaced the grill, and swing set) and living/dining/kitchen. Gamer Girl has to sleep downstairs but this way she can stay up late playing video games-i mean working on her career hahaha

[​IMG]
    the sims game is real good at directing parents to parent. here Romina is getting tutored by their weird friend of the family who is not so secretly their dad ( i mean the adults all know but Pilar thinks he would be a terrible influence so she's trying to think of how to get him out from under their roof. that might be hard since everyone but him is just starting their career. I'll likely get him a bachelor pad in Del Sol. The bad-boy lover in me wants to hook him and Pilar up again, but I think she knows better and isn't all that interested. He wants a family so maybe he'll marry some cute young actress whom he seduces with his charisma and rugged good looks and money

Speaking of careers, Adriana is a dishwasher and since she came from Selvadora with level eight or so in mixology I think it's perfect to make her a bartender. Very appropriate for an actor to be. Know before she makes her big break. Pilar is a painter but since we can't afford an easel yet she's literally just cleaning pallets. And Gamer Girl (i will get her name next time I'm sorry D: ) is in the tech career. obvs.

• Winner x 2
  14. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Wow! Penny Pizzazz is living up to her name!

Sims 4 makes some crunchy relationship dynamics. I had a sim who dated... a Landgraab I think? Very wealthy, very eligible. Except he didn’t treat her right. They enjoyed doing things together, especially bedroom things. But they couldn’t just talk to each other like regular sims because eventually they’d argue for no particular reason or he’d say mean things and then they’d argue. So she dumped his ass. It was good young adult drama but I didn’t want it to be the story of her life. That would be depressing.

It was a damn impressive representation of people who are deeply in lust but can’t actually stand each other. I thought that was pretty cool.

Also, Bella Goth was so there for her during all the drama. The friendships actually feel like both parties are making an effort, which is very pleasing.

• Like x 2
  15. bornofthesea670

I really disliked her old outfit, but it's fun putting her in some bright colors and I only gave her different eyebrows, pretty sure the face is still all EA. Maybe some tweaking of the profile since thats one of my pet peeves for some reason. <3 she is very cute, but I've never played her longer than a few days. I'm planning on changing that.

• Like x 1
  16. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I forgot I didn't install photoshop again after my computer exploded so I had to download gimp real qucik for this shitty fake aged portrait of my warden

lissie.png

i kind of want to make it into an actual piece of CC for my houses but........... i suck

• Like x 2
  17. bornofthesea670

so..Blair was minding her own business, fighting her way up the corporate ladder, excavating and selling the artifacts from Selvadora, trolling teh forums...and then one day she noticed Lily Feng's hair was gray. Her human neighbors were aging...it reminded her DEATH was a thing. The world was going on around her and some people wouldn't be around forever. And she LIKED Victor's genetics. So she called him up.

[​IMG]
    and got herself with child

[​IMG]
    she even went ahead and turned him so her baby would be able to meet their father. (if he got too annoying Blair knew she could just trap him outside and then sweep his ashes into a pretty little urn to decorate with)

[​IMG]
    i despise base game cribs. the red and purple ones are upstairs even though i haven't had multiples since like 2016.

[​IMG]
    she took him to the hospital cause she only has work friends and you don't exactly invite them to watch you have your heart torn out of your chest by an inexperienced doctor

speaking of which....i-is that...heLP

[​IMG]
    it malcolm landgrabb. Blair was worried, and she's not even mortal.

[​IMG]
    anyway here is Hana Goldstone, and the official start to the Goldstone Dynasty (which will soon enough rule Del Sol Valley)

she is named after a beautiful character from a choose-your-own-adventure story i got on the app store.

i...think you guys are starting to see a pattern

i need friends

COFF anyway,

[​IMG]
    fun spare picture of elder Lily watching her husband Change

[​IMG]
    and Hysteria Quinn, one of my oldest OCs. Sadly I don't have the CC to give her a demon form, so she's just her nearly-albino self.

• Like x 2
  18. bornofthesea670

me, rolling around on my bed anxiously while my dog lays his head on my arm and cuts off the circulation as we wait for the north american release of Get Famous: hgnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Winner x 2
  19. bornofthesea670

So GF took 2 hours to download, but after that I hopped in with Hysteria's canon (not sims canon but u know what i mean) twin daughters. They don't normally have such a lovely skin tone but I'm opening myself up to more diversity than just ''demon world has no sun, therefore demons all Pale As Shit'' also I tried a lighter skin tone but they look cuter with the tan. Canonically they have blue eyes and Hysteria has purple, but I gave her blue and them red just cause it looks nicer to me. Alas, the sims doesn't come with 400 shades of eye color. and even if i did use mods I think i'd stay away from cc. cc eyes look kinda creepy.

anyway, here is Daisy, the eldest twin, she's a creative loner and she's a painter. I only have her in the career to get the fancier easel, then she's probably quitting.

[​IMG]
    Daisy is normally asexual and aromantic, but we'll see if her sim gets close to anyone.

Clover is the more outgoing sister. She'll be our little actress because it fits with the new content and we don't have a military career in this game. Funnily enough, in canon Daisy took the role in the heavier spotlight (as she became Queen) and Clover was able to have a somewhat quieter life, retiring from the navy and becoming a mom. Guess here they can switch roles :)

Clover's traits are Outgoing, Good, and Gloomy. All of the people in their family get the Gloomy trait because depression and anxiety run in the family.

[​IMG]

• Winner x 1
  20. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

does anyone know any good sims 3 no jealousy mods?

the sims 3's jealousy system is Super Dumb

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice