Post about your Pear Wigglers here!

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by rigorist, Apr 9, 2017.

1. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I posted that same song in the current music thread a few days ago. (Adjust for fucked up time perception, I guess, but I'm pretty sure that's right)

2. i posted them under a spoiler that said "crytyped bo burnham" and in the next post said this
    got wiggled anyway

3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

you used youtube embedding, right? so it appeared clearly as a video and with the title and artist and everything, and in current music, not in your vent thread. and that meant that the mods could understand it wasn't meant as suicide baiting.
    oh. did it get wiggled before or after the next post?

maybe they assumed, 'cause it was a vent thread, that the crytype-ified song was supposed to be a reflection of how you felt or what you were thinking at that moment or directed at someone.

4. i noticed it had been wiggled when i scrolled up after posting the next post

i really fuckin doubt it

it was in response to someone thinking a reposted nbc hannibal shitpost was a threat to users on this forum, which i found very silly but edited the post anyway

the rest of the wiggled post was:

5. palindromordnilap

It got wiggled a few seconds before.

6. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Wiggling was about consistency in moderation and not wanting suicide baiting as a thing it's easy to casually encounter on the forum. The song's gonna get Wiggled whenever any of us notice it.

Edited for clarity: If the song is posted context-free or in a context where people have been fighting.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    • Informative x 3
  7. Ana Nimus

Ana Nimus Well-Known Member

pls inform us of what other pieces of media we're banned from discussing or referencing here

• Agree x 2
  8. the thread is "post about your wiggles" not "defend your wiggled posts to the death"

i don't actually give a shit that it got wiggled, i was posting about the post in the thread where we post about posts

• Like x 1
  9. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

Looks like Kintsugi isn't going to be hosting a Blue Öyster Cult fanclub anytime soon. Sad!

10. unknownanonymous

the song wasn't meant as suicide baiting, though. it was meant as a song and as commentary on the moderation here when it was posted. so, did you wiggle it 'cause of the expected effect on vulnerable users if they listened to it, 'cause it would cause the same effect on them as suicide baiting?

• Like x 1
  12. palindromordnilap

I can understand why they'd assume the song was intended as suicide baiting because I posted it just a short while after some forum drama, so it makes sense. And then the other one gets wiggled for consistency. It actually got moved right before I sent a report complaining about how this post was up when mine got wiggled twice.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  13. unknownanonymous

mods, please don't wiggle posts consisting of media/fiction and/or discussing media/fiction, if you are able to recognize them as such. it feels uncomfortably close to anti territory, and is very patronizing.

• Agree x 6
  14. but what if our poor simple users can't distinguish fiction and reality

• Winner x 1
  15. Ana Nimus

If you recognize it as fiction but think that others might not, you can always edit in a note or a spoiler tag instead

• Agree x 2
  16. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

Pretty sure there will be a list of approved fiction. We plebs won't be allowed to see it, of course. But there will be a list.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  17. bible is banned, too violent
    animal farm is banned, too dehumanizing
    1984 is banned, makes the mods feel bad for thought policing

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  18. Ana Nimus

some hypothetical minor somewhere might see the thing and think its ok! think of the children!

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. unknownanonymous

i will fite the mods in the pit if they continue to wiggle posts consisting of media/fiction and/or discussing media/fiction.

• Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice