Post about your Pear Wigglers here!

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by rigorist, Apr 9, 2017.

1. subaccounted for

subaccounted for New Member

95 SHITPOSTS TO NAIL TO THE FORUM

95 SHITPOSTS TO NAIL

TAKE ONE DOWN AND WIGGLE IT AROUND, 94 SHITPOSTS TO NAIL TO THE FORUM!

• Like x 13
  2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Sure! That's actually probably preferable, in general. Public visibility into this is a good thing!

• Like x 3
  3. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

But... muh censorships!

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. seebs

Okay, to make it super clear:

You're welcome to approach us publically or privately if you have questions about mod things. Publically is often better in terms of transparency. Downside, sometimes people don't like the answers.

There are absolutely judgment calls involved. They aren't always easy.

• Like x 4
    • Useful x 1
  5. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

• Like x 1
  6. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

The Wiggles still look to me like a bunch of Classic Trek characters got captured by some godlike psi-child-thing and have not yet escaped

• Agree x 14
    • Informative x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Shouldn´t it be "Post about your pears"? We only have one pear wiggler, and that´s the forum section. Any posts which are wiggled should obviously be pears.

• Agree x 10
    • Like x 2
  8. Snitchanon

Blocked, unsubscribed, wiggled.

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

10. Snitchanon

My newsletter comes in seven major formats and can be found written in five-hundred foot high letters of fire on the dark side of the moon.

• Informative x 10
    • Useful x 1
  11. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

• Winner x 2
  12. seebs

Moved this back out of The Undercity because it seems to me that discussion of what mods do and don't do is useful to the community.

13. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I honestly kinda want to hear about which of seebs's posts, if any, didn't go through post moderation. :p

• Agree x 1
  14. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Oh god. Well, there was one yesterday where Snitch determined Seebs Wasn't Helping and didn't let it through until Seebs edited. There was one last Friday that got discussion before it was let through. I'd have to dig through the chatlog to find more, but the thing is mostly we just ask Seebs to edit.

Which tbh is my general preference! It's just Seebs is very available through IM the way no one else on moderation is (though people are free to add me on Discord).

15. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

I've delayed and deleted a whole bunch depending on if editing was needed or if Seebs really just shouldn't be doing the thing at all. Always with consultation from Seebs tho.

16. palindromordnilap

Huh. I think I know which post you're referring to and now I kinda want to know what they had originally put there. I know they can find me really annoying sometimes. :p

17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

*raises hand* general paranoia question here, would you know if your pears were wiggled? I often post stuff and forget about it til later and i dont think ive ever posted a naughty pear but its disorienting enough for me to have to try and figure out whats real or not in general and something dissapearing with no notice and me having no way to know if it was actually there before sounds hella disconcerting

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. Chiomi

Yes, you'd know: you'd get a notification when it was done (presumably: we've got a little checkbox) and then be able to see it in the Pear Wiggler whenever you went to look. It's set up that way specifically in case of reality bugs: you'll be able to see what you wrote, and usually why it was wiggled will be in a response from the mod who moved it.

• Informative x 7
  19. palindromordnilap

Note: I don't get notifications from it, only when a post is moved from one pear wiggler thread to another. This might be because they get moved before getting approved.

20. Chiomi

Huh. Yeah, that's presumably it.

So you'll (usually) get a notification unless you're already on post moderation and it's moved before being approved. In which case most of the time you'll still get some kind of explanation as to why a thing was Wiggled instead of approved.

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice