pottery thread!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by taxonomicAtrocity, Jun 21, 2016.

1. because i don't think we have one of these. i wanna see what other ppl are doin w/ mud!

pix of some of my (admittedly mediocre, beginner) work under cut.(i mostly handbuild but i'm learning to throw rn. so many goddamn cylinders, so little time.)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 5
  2. aight, practicing thread necromancy because i just started an eight week long class @ a craft school. seeing as i'm in the studio a minimum of 40 hours a week, i will be generating a lot of work. gonna dump some of it here if that's cool, tho other ppl r of course super welcome to put their own stuff here too 8)

here's a couple of today's mini cups. it was the first day, so i wasn't super productive and only finished five.

[​IMG]

3. more stuff!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 8
  4. even more stuff!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  5. okay, so i have oodles more stuff cuz it's been 5ever since i posted, but i think i'll just put this pic up for now! two glaze fired, totally finished tumblers (the first of my work to get glaze fired while at school!)

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
  6. here's a summary of what i did in nc! if you're interested in anything you see, hmu 8)

• Like x 1
  7. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

in an effort to unfuck my brain i signed up for a 8 week pottery class!

currently im on the waiting list, but hopefully they'll be a slot open for the session starting in january

• Like x 1
  8. omg that's so great! plz post your stuff here ifwhen you get in! 8D

9. electroTelegram

yes!! im rly excited :D

• Like x 1
  10. electroTelegram

turns out there was not room in the january class but my old high school art teacher is super awesome and let me come in and do some stuff in her art room! i forgot to get pictures but i did some wheel throwing and made 2 uneven bowls, it was fun, im gonna go back friday

also the aprons HAD PANTS and i love them

• Like x 3
  11. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

does sculpy-ing count b/c I finally got my clay book from the library and I'm gonna at least Attempt a few things

• Like x 1
  12. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

my chanukah gift this year was a session at my local art league and im SO EXCITED because i miss throwing soooo much, ive been trying to find a local studio that i can potentially throw some $$ at over the summer to work at but no luck so far 8(

• Like x 1
  13. electroTelegram

i did some throwing today! still lopsided but it was a lot of fun

image.jpeg image.jpeg

(thumbnails bc mobile)

• Like x 2
  14. oooh, i like it! what're you firing in/firing to, you know?

• Like x 1
  15. past couple days' worth of stuff:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 4
  16. electroTelegram

i have no idea! i need to ask about that

17. electroTelegram

@taxonomicAtrocity it's "low fire, come 05"

im taking proper pottery classes at a community center now though! i dunno the details on those yet

• Like x 1
  18. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Hey look at my bowls! (Moved from thread i made before i knew this thread existed)

((These are just in 'leatherhard' state and haven't been fired but they will be stoneware ceramics if all goes well))

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So like

this is for my class, Philippine arts appreciation And i made this at the ceramics studio at my Uni

the design is inspired by the Tagalog creation myth where
    there existed only the sky, the sea, and a bird

the bird kept flying on and couldn’t rest because there was no land
    the bird was clever tho and told the sea that the sky was talking smack

so the sea rose up to get the sky
    and the sky threw down huge rocks to prevent the sea from rising

and after things died down there were a bunch of islands

and that became the Philippines i guess
    the bird landed on them and was like heck yeah

((extremely paraphrased story but yeah))

• Like x 3
  19. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

Oh hey, here is the pottery thread, hi hello I made a thign.

(actually i made a number of thigns, this is just the one I’m proudest of r/n.)

1A04E777-81FD-4548-85F5-7234488999BC.jpeg 50B8E824-6781-47EE-A1EB-A0B5836C2098.jpeg E5B056C7-3A81-40E9-9E84-A8E597559FD6.jpeg BE918160-401A-4530-85B3-34BCD4633587.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice