Predominantly Erroneous (Exohedron nonsense blog)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Exohedron, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

The sudden realization that, due to a bunch of unrelated worldbuilding decisions, your main oc uses plant references for all of her swearing.

This is nontrivial because while half of it is because she lives in a tree, the other half is inherited from a branch of mathematics called sheaf theory wherein all the jargon is either about plants, or about plants in French.

Of course, someone might complain that they're not speaking English or French, so why would they still be using the French/English terms for such things?
    And my answer to that is that you should be glad that I'm not making that entire section of the story into just a bunch of topology puns.

• Winner x 1
  2. Exohedron

I really want to visit an anechoic chamber at some point. Apparently it gets really uncomfortable after about fifteen minutes if you're in one by yourself.

• Informative x 1
  3. Exohedron

Question: do animals have opinions on tuning systems? Like, do they have preferences for various intervals/frequency ratios?

• Agree x 1
  4. Exohedron

Like, never mind what pleases the Lord, what secret chord will please the cat?

• Agree x 1
  5. Exohedron

While we're here baring our sins, I've never actually read the Silmarillion. I know a lot of what goes on, thanks to wiki-dives and copious amounts of fanfic and essays, but I've never read it. It's also been a while since I've read The Lord of the Rings, and even longer since The Hobbit.

• Agree x 1
  6. Exohedron

On the list of things whose existence I appreciate, even if I don't like any actual instances of which: ska.

• Agree x 1
  7. Exohedron

Guess whose computer had a hiccup and now all of my history is gone? Like, my files and shit are all still there, but both Chrome and FL Studio have completely forgotten everything I've opened in them ever.

• Witnessed x 1
  8. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Zero History: Home Edition

9. Exohedron

It seems that it also nuked all of my bookmarks. Fortunately I didn't need them, but still. Irritating.

• Witnessed x 1
  10. Exohedron

The kind of friend who will help you hide a body versus the kind of friend who will suggest more efficient uses for a dead body.

• Agree x 1
  11. Exohedron

Adding to the confusion, something, somewhere, remembers that a few days ago I googled "kindergarten quantum mechanics", although I guess that might be Google remembering rather than Chrome.

• Useful x 1
  12. Exohedron

An interesting phrase from an SEC argument:

• Like x 1
  13. Exohedron

Apparently my dreamself was trying to use my inability to hold consistent identity to run some speedrun strats: for some reason I was stuck on the roof of a window overhang several stories up and decided that the best way to get down without getting hurt would be to just jump and then change POV while falling because only the player character takes damage.
    I don't know if this would have worked because I changed POV anyway before even jumping.

• Winner x 1
  14. Exohedron

Queering the identity/slur binary.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    • Winner x 1
  15. Exohedron

A while ago I had the idea of memorizing the entirety of Green Eggs and Ham for the purpose of trolling people, but I realize that if I did that and started reciting it in any fashion, I would definitely not be able to stop until I got to the end, which is a bit too long for a joke.

• Like x 1
  16. Exohedron

Given that I would sleep in the common room of the suite I shared with a bunch of other people in freshman year in college, I'm kind of surprised that I never woke up with anything drawn on my face.

• Like x 1
  17. Exohedron

I didn't like the movie Whiplash for a lot of reasons, but one of them is that I have this deep-seated intuition that if you're playing a percussion instrument that uses sticks or mallets and it's like, a triangle, you should be having fun. You're hitting things to make music! That should be immensely enjoyable even if you're playing like fifteen-part harmony virtuoso marimbas or something.
    Also I didn't like any of the characters except for the girlfriend, who took a good look at the main character and was like "nope, not worth it".

18. Exohedron

So the eventual lesson seems to be that I need to reboot my computer more often, in that I just did so and now all of the history is back, except for the stuff from the last week and a half since the hiccup.

• Informative x 1
  19. Exohedron

I kind of want to make a really dumb tarot deck. Like, "You've drawn the Six of You're Gonna Fuckin' Die, LOL," and the illustration is just like a stick figure falling down a flight of stairs.

• Winner x 2
  20. Exohedron

The difference between "third wheel" and "third rail"

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice