Predominantly Erroneous (Exohedron nonsense blog)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Exohedron, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

2. Exohedron

I wonder how long I go calling it "Tubesday" before someone notices.

• Winner x 1
  3. Exohedron

Is it morally wrong to patronize stores that are clearly fronts for the mob? Like, sure, it's almost certainly being used for laundering money, but it's also got really cheap, delicious food and no wait times?

4. Exohedron

Spotted in the wild: a car where the license plate itself was normal, but the frame for it was rainbow and said Subuwu on the lower brace

• Winner x 3
  5. Exohedron

It's not a stim or a fidget, it's an idle animation. It just happens to trigger even when I'm talking to people. Blame the devs.

• Winner x 2
  6. Exohedron

The vet looking at your cat's balls and pulling out the scissors: "I can fix him"

• Winner x 1
  7. Exohedron

I think I would like more swing house if the basslines were more syncopated. I understand that in a lot of the source material, the bass was providing the main backbone tempo and thus would chug along on the fourth notes or the eighth notes to provide a reference for the other instruments, and that's fine, but if you're going to lay that on top of a four-to-the-floor house beat that's also trying to be the tempo reference, it's just too much foundation. Someone needs to do something different.

• Like x 1
  8. Exohedron

Finding out that your grandparents went through both a Fake Marriage (Fake Eloping, in fact!) and a There's Only One Bed scenario.

EDIT: To be clear, the There's Only One Bed occurred during the Fake Marriage. I mean, yes, any writer worth their salt would make that the case, but it could have happened sequentially.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    • Winner x 2
  9. Exohedron

Trying to figure out why women-in-suits is such a good look. I mean, yes, there's the transgression, sure, that always adds a few points. But there's something about suits in particular, rather than just men's clothing. I think it's that suits tend to want to go in straight lines and to crease rather than curve, but a woman-in-a-suit tends to get a fitted suit so that it still tries to conform to her body and fails to do so in interesting ways. You don't get a lot of stiff, straight-line cuts in most women's clothing.

• Agree x 1
  10. Exohedron

If God dies, does Jesus automatically assume the throne? Like, only begotten son and all that. Does Jesus have any heirs? Is Peter next in line? Does it go through the apostles or the popes or is there some other line of succession?
    Asking for a friend.

• Like x 1
  11. Exohedron

It's like lifting someone's hand so you can kiss the back of it, except instead of their hand it's their tie.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. Exohedron

My habit of humming even when angry has led to some confusion as to my mood.

13. Exohedron

The awkwardness of eating a lollipop while wearing a mask

14. Exohedron

When the required fields aren't actually required. I win, web form, you don't get to learn my address.

• Agree x 1
  15. Exohedron

New bad worldbuilding idea:

The "women aren't physically strong enough to wield weapons except for knives and bows" trope, except it's from a society that only knows about guns, so the women are only allowed to use derringers and mounted artillery.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  16. Exohedron

The kind of person who, rather than having a pet with the same name as their significant other, uses the same collection of ridiculous pet/nicknames for both despite them having very different actual names.

• Like x 1
  17. Exohedron

Watched Shang-Chi with some friends. You could definitely tell who watched a lot of wuxia movies growing up and who didn't.

• Like x 1
  18. Exohedron

Do not go gentle into that good dream
    Rage, rage, against the machine

• Winner x 1
  19. Exohedron

When you don't think the project is going to work so you give it a dumb name, but then the project works great and you're stuck hearing the name all the time.

This is why I give all of my projects cool names even when I'm certain they're going to fail horribly. Just in case.

• Winner x 2
  20. Exohedron

Okay, I was going to make fun of Netflix for making a board game for Queen's Gambit, but the game that they made is actually kind of interesting. It's definitely not chess, except for the board. But the interesting thing is that you commit to three moves at a time, and then execute after everyone has committed. So there is a measure of trying to predict your opponent's moves (in theory).

Still, making a board game based on a series about a different board game is always going to be silly.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice