Predominantly Erroneous (Exohedron nonsense blog)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Exohedron, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Bullet Train was fun and surprisingly clever. I mean, keep expectations low, it is an action movie, but not a purely dumb movie.

Very fridgey, though

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  2. Exohedron

First dream that I can remember where I switch genders without switching characters. At one point I'm a girl, trying to notify a female friend that my stupid brother is planning to ask her out while hoping that her stupid brother isn't planning to do the same to me, and then moments later I'm a boy, talking to some male friends about some certification test one of them has to go through for work and laughing at his suffering.
    Normally there's a noticeable change of pov character! Like, an abrupt perspective switch or I just float in some direction while watching the character I used to be run off in a different direction. Or like it changes to text or something. This time it was just a smooth flip.

3. Exohedron

Chainsawman is still great.

4. Exohedron

Trying to relearn how to compose in 7/4 time for things that aren't essentially breakcore, while also trying to learn how to make jazzy, funky breakbeat without actually listening to anything of the sort.
    Why am I doing this?

5. Exohedron

When you have strong opinions about attachment but you're willing to give them up if you have to.

6. Exohedron

But really, it feels like "don't worry about it" is even worse than "trust me" and I'm not entirely sure why. But I've definitely worn out "trust me" because at this point all of my friends assume that I'm constantly being a troll anyway, while "don't worry about it" still works fine to make people worry.

7. Exohedron

I really like the effect fialleril has on Star Wars fanfiction in respect to slave culture. You see it in the language some writers use, and some of the imagery. Depur, and Ekkreth, and dukkra ba dukkra. It's really too bad that she got fed up with the fandom.

• Agree x 1
  8. Exohedron

I wish I was more into algebraic topology so I could make "a Haus is not a Hom" jokes.

9. Exohedron

New favorite gag: character wakes up from a dream and is mumbling about it, still half-asleep, and the narrative just repeats what they say as if agreeing with them.

10. Exohedron

When you've got food in your mouth and you have to sneeze and it's like "aww, man, I was eating that"

11. Exohedron

Today's brain noise: "I like food trucks and I cannot lie"

12. Exohedron

When the streamer (who doesn't have a facecam) wanders away from the game to babytalk to her cat.

13. Exohedron

I think I introduced my 50-something-year-old colleague to the term "hot mess", which he found delightful. I didn't explain what it meant, I just used it as a casual description of the state of the project we're working on, and then immediately hoped he wouldn't ask for a definition.

14. Exohedron

Once again having incoherent feelings about the role of Cloudflare in the internet ecology. All of the sites they've stopped protecting are ones that I've been glad to see go. But every such decision that Cloudflare makes puts them more into the role of judge and jury, which they shouldn't be in, and which they don't want to be in. And yet in the absence of other recourse. But that's a hard argument to control.
    Most services would get around this with a TOS, something they can point to and say "you agreed to this when you signed up". But Cloudflare deliberately did not do this for their security service, and while they are not bound by a lack of TOS, it does mean that their decisions don't have any solid standing. What makes these particular examples so egregious, compared to everything else? They can say that there are extenuating circumstances here, but in the absence of a rule, all circumstances are extenuating.

Anyway, good riddance kiwifarms, I wish you had been killed by a more solid legal theory.

• Agree x 2
  15. Exohedron

I admit to not being entirely 100% awake during the reading assignments in that Greek literature class, but I did think at the time that there were some weird inconsistencies between Sophocles' Oedipus Rex, Oedipus at Colonus and Antigone. It turns out that the reason things were a little screwed up was that, despite being about events that happened last, Antigone was actually written first.

16. Exohedron

Having just bought Vocaloid and realizing that now I need to write lyrics.

17. Exohedron

TIL that Knuth thinks that P = NP

18. Exohedron

Just realized that now that I've got a vocal engine, I can work the annoying anarchist song that my government-employee OC is always singing into the theme music I'm making for her.

19. Exohedron

Things seen at the grocery store today: multiple different magazines giving retrospectives on Princess Diana.

20. Exohedron

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice