Predominantly Erroneous (Exohedron nonsense blog)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Exohedron, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

State of the lyrics: trying to write a queen declaring that an errant knight is on thin ice without making it sound yandere.

• Like x 1
  2. Exohedron

I think the problem that I have in all of these conversations with my dad is that I don't think that it really matters if a robot or a human is doing the bad thing; bad things are bad. Drone warfare is bad because it is warfare, not because it is drones. AI art plagiarism is bad because it is plagiarism, not because it is AI. GPT-generated misinformation is bad because it is misinformation, not because it is GPT-generated.

• Like x 2
  3. Exohedron

Okay, but do vampires show up on the non-reflective side of one-way mirrors? Asking for a friend.

4. Exohedron

State of the lyrics: why am I spending so much effort trying to get this one line right when it's completely unintelligible anyway?

5. Exohedron

I'm always willing to answer questions, but answering them correctly might be above my paygrade.

6. Exohedron

State of the lyrics: I don't know how vocables work. It just ends up sounding like quotes from Hollow Knight.

7. Exohedron

I think I've realized the problem: I have a non-rhotic accent, and Japanese people trying to pronounce English words usually have a non-rhotic accent, but the vocal samples in the Vocaloid engine are rhotic, so it sounds really over-emphasized. Not to go all Rykard Elden Ring, but it is in fact "togetha", although the last a is actually a schwa probably. At the very least, it's not "togethrrrrrrr"

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  8. Exohedron

Yes, they're both dnb tracks with growling basslines and complicated drumming and a sad girl singing about disappointment on top, but the difference is that for one of them the lyrics are really just a bunch of algebraic topology puns which completely undercut the tone of the track once you notice them.

9. Exohedron

Unwritten sci-fi story: deuteragonist appears to sincerely believe that humanity in general used to think that computers spontaneously generated from piles of plastic tubing.

I'm not sure if she actually believes this or if one of her character flaws is that she just spouts abject nonsense when she thinks she's losing an argument.

• Like x 1
  10. Exohedron

The realization that, due to several unrelated worldbuilding decisions, the phrase "eat some grass" is a pistols-at-dawn level of insult.

11. Exohedron

It looks like I'm back to giving bad suggestions for entertainment purposes.

• Useful x 1
  12. Exohedron

Occasionally I am reminded that the (assigned-at-birth) gender of an upcoming baby is something that a lot of people ask pregnant people. It's not that I have any principled reason not to ask, I just keep forgetting that that is data to be had.

13. Exohedron

Making things in major key is so uncomfortable for me now. It's the same tones! I'm just starting four semitones lower than I usually would! Why does it sound so bizarre?

14. Exohedron

But the reason that we study these things, flowers and insects and clouds and stars, the reason we peer so closely and seek so keenly to understand, is not that we want to tear away their wonder or their beauty, but because we love them, and therefore we submit them to the mortifying ordeal.

• Like x 3
  15. Exohedron

Two tumblr polls I'm surprised I haven't seen yet:

Cooperate vs Defect
    Cup in front of me vs Cup in front of you

One which I would like to figure out how to do: Monty Hall problem

[EDIT] Okay, I have now seen multiple prisoner's dilemmas and an iocane powder. You are all forgiven.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    • Winner x 1
  16. Exohedron

When the entire team simultaneously forgets that sample means often differ from true means because none of us are statisticians.

17. Exohedron

New stupid idea: using tumblr polls as a slow, probably very biased random number generator.

• Like x 1
  18. Exohedron

When you inform your boss' boss' boss, perhaps with a tad too much enthusiasm, "Nope, gunshot wound, not guillotine. He died in a duel."

At least the presentation itself went well.

19. Exohedron

It's a good thing that I don't get vertigo, so that when I think to myself "it's a good thing that I don't get vertigo" and turn around to look out the window of the elevator before panicking for a moment that I haven't mentally confirmed that I don't get vertigo, I don't get vertigo.

• Useful x 1
  20. Exohedron

New poll idea: tumblr Plays Pokemon. The description text is just a picture of the start menu from Pokemon Red and the choices are Start, Select, A, B, Up, Down, Left, and Right

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice