Predominantly Erroneous (Exohedron nonsense blog)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Exohedron, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Once again reminded that I have no idea how the "birds and bees" talk is actually supposed to go. I mean, I never got any sex talk at all, possibly because my parents just didn't think to or because they figured that me reading introductory bio books at age 10 was probably a decent enough substitute, but I have no idea how the particular "birds and bees" metaphor actually is meant to work.

• Agree x 1
  2. Exohedron

The only reason working on this track doesn't weird me out more, despite being in G as opposed to my typical A or D, is that it's in G Dorian, which given that my usual is A Phrygian or D Minor, means that I'm still using the same set of notes and the only change is which one is the tonic.

3. Exohedron

Congratulations to Witch From Mercury.
    You managed to keep the main couple both alive and together! And they're even married!

• Agree x 1
  4. Exohedron

That particular songwriter duality of "oh no I have a song stuck in my head, but if I hear it out loud maybe it'll go away" and "I am writer and therefore cannot get the words in my head out into the world".

5. Exohedron

But yeah, a bunch of things make more sense if you are aware that iron sucks. It rusts easily, and it's brittle and weak. Steel is great! Iron + carbon is great! But iron itself kind of sucks, and is definitely worse than bronze.

6. Exohedron

An 18-wheeler with a big "Student Driver" sticker on the back.

7. Exohedron

I keep thinking "this song inspired by a piece of Star Wars fanfiction is the nerdiest thing I've ever made", as if I hadn't recently finished a song that's just a bunch of algebraic topology puns.

• Like x 2
  8. Exohedron

ao3 is still down for me.

[EDIT] Can't get to it on Chrome or on my phone (browser or CarpetMerchant app) but can get to it on Firefox on computer.

[2nd EDIT] I can get to it on my phone if I switch to data, rather than wifi.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2023
  9. Exohedron

So added to my ideal music combination of "pretty melody + angry bassline + lots of drumming" I think I'm adding "girl singing about violence".

10. Exohedron

Dinner has gained the attribute Crunchy. +1 to Interesting.
    Developer message: Intersting and Good are separate stats for a reason.

11. Exohedron

Okay, new tarot deck idea: the Major Arcana start out with, as usual, the Fool, and then the rest of the Major Arcana proceed as the Idiot, the Moron, the Dumbass, the Nincompoop, the

• Like x 1
  12. Exohedron

The fun fact that in finance, "debt" doesn't really mean "money that someone owes someone else".

13. Exohedron

"Well my probability distribution adds up to 2! So there!"

• Useful x 1
  14. Exohedron

"How do you process grief?"
    "Same way I process meat: I rub salt in the wound until I'm cured."

15. Exohedron

If you want a button you're an old curmudgeon, but if you want a lever you're either a villain or villain adjacent (henchman, test subject, etc).

16. Exohedron

"So to be honest it's more of a Biblically-precise angel. More significant figures than its got eyes, and that's saying something."

[EDIT] On further reflection, given that at some point in the Bible there's a circular sea that's 10 cubits across and 30 cubits around, maybe Biblically-precise doesn't mean very precise.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
    • Like x 1
  17. Exohedron

Occasionally I am reminded that one of my friends, despite taking piano lessons for years, has absolutely no sense of rhythm.

18. Exohedron

But yeah, allowing me to write lyrics was maybe a mistake.

19. Exohedron

The "I don't recognize who that is, but the comments are implying that not being recognized is part of why he is famous, therefore that tells me that he is Tony Hawk" is definitely the kind of bullshit that doing too many logic puzzles will get you.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  20. Exohedron

Sometimes I wish that I had lower charisma, because sometimes I am wrong and people believe what I say. I am not deliberately lying! I simply get some things wrong and unfortunately am very convincing to both myself and others.
    I actually have no idea why I am so charismatic. Must be the psychopathy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice