Predominantly Erroneous (Exohedron nonsense blog)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Exohedron, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Today I got to play out the Anakin side of that four-panel Anakin and Padme meme.

• Winner x 1
  2. Exohedron

I'm tempted to find one of those people who make covers of songs in the style of other artists and suggest "Hurt by Johnny Cash in the style of Nine Inch Nails"

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. Exohedron

If I ever start a really bad restaurant chain I'm calling it Nimby's. It will be extremely tacky and over-commercialized and it will definitely sell low-quality merchandise.

4. Exohedron

Telling new DnD players and/or new biologists that the plural of "lich" is "lichen"

5. Exohedron

The concept of bullshit in the Frankfurtian sense is actually one of the best way to describe the output of LLMs that I've seen so far.

Source: ChatGPT is Bullshit by Hicks, Humphries and Slater

• Agree x 1
  6. Exohedron

I have to say, I am extremely proud of the Kintsugi community and mod team and seebs for putting the site owner on post moderation. Not because it's good to require it, but the fact that the need was recognized and accepted and addressed is amazing.
    And like, a lot of us are here because we wanted to talk to seebs, and to hear from seebs, so putting her on post mod should be really weird! And it is! But also ultimately beneficial, I think.

But like, imagine if X's mod team were allowed to screen Musk's posts.

• Like x 2
  7. Exohedron

Could Hidetaka Miyazaki make a Ghibli movie? Could Hayao Miyazaki make a Soulsborne game?

8. Exohedron

The kind of person who only gets their news from WSJ (Wall Street Journal) vs the kind of person who only gets their news from WSJ (Weekly Shounen Jump)

• Like x 1
  9. Exohedron

All advertising is false; some advertising is useful.

• Agree x 1
  10. Exohedron

My dad used to ask me about how dangerous AI would be in spreading misinformation. Well, now there's definitely evidence that someone was using ChatGPT to write pro-Trump tweets, mostly due to them fucking up and exposing the error messages.
    [​IMG]

This makes me more, not less, comfortable, in that this kind of fuck-up would have been less likely were a human the one writing the posts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice