Problematic Miners

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by VJ Wocky, Aug 20, 2019.

1. whyguy

whyguy blarg

[​IMG]

I really like making maps in minecraft

I've been working on connecting the snowy taiga village to another nearby taiga village that I'm currently remodeling

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. whyguy

whyguy blarg

[​IMG]

here's that taiga village c: I'm turning it into a little caravan

• Winner x 3
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

why is diorite so widely hated? it seems perfectly innocent to me, kind of a nice bit of color variety, but everyone on youtube seems to hate it.

4. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

i have no idea!!! i've noticed that on the server i'm on, too. people say it looks like bird poop. but i like diorite, i think it looks kind of like marble, and i use it in a lot of builds!

• Agree x 2
  5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

i’m gonna line my mining hub in diorite

• Winner x 2
  6. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

So, while I find diorite pretty and I do like using it in buildings, I also get annoyed about it bc it's more Not A Resource that takes up inventory space when I'm trying to fill my pockets with ores and redstone and such, and it doesn't stack with the other Not Resources so if Im digging through cobble and diorite and andesite and granite and marble and and and it starts to eat up a lot of stack space pretty quickly. And like, yeah I can dump it, and there are some mod tools that can auto filter that stuff, but it's still a thing that isn't fun getting in the way of the thing I want to be doing.

Of course the punishment for my hubris is that when I then want to make a pretty build I can only scrounge up three pieces bc I tossed the rest in lava to make room for sweet loots. :^)

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. hyrax

well yeah but that's true of granite and andesite as well. and yet it's only diorite that gets the hate, from what i've seen.

8. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

Oh, that's weird and dumb then. (I'm equally grumple about all of them :p)

• Agree x 2
  9. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i'm sure i'm the only person this is new to, but dangit, it's delicious.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

is there anything at all you can do with the old armor and bows you get from skeletons? I set up an XP grinder with a spawner under my base and the junk is starting to pile up. can you trade it or something, or should I just start tossing the excess in lava?

11. hyrax

i'm pretty sure you can smelt metal armor into iron nuggets! (or gold as the case may be.) you can def smelt iron (or gold) tools and weapons into nuggets. and i think you can use bows as fuel.

• Useful x 1
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

oh sweet, thanks!

13. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

I believe you can only smelt metal equipment if it's at full health, though. You can also combine it to repair your gear at an anvil.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • Informative x 1
  14. hyrax

you can def smelt tools that are damaged. not sure about armor but i use tools until they have only a hair of durability left, then smelt em.

• Informative x 1
  15. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I've finally gotten myself a set of diamond enchanted tools, so I won't be smelting those, but I am definitely gonna put a furnace down with my grinder

• Like x 1
  16. hyrax

you can't smelt down diamond anyway! you can only smelt iron or gold stuff. (you can't use diamond tools as fuel either, though you can use wooden tools as fuel in furnaces.)

• Informative x 1
  17. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

wooden anything, including bows and fishing rods, iirc.

• Agree x 1
  18. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I need you all to know that bff ran out of dirt. In Minecraft. When asked how the fuck she’d managed that, was it a mod situation or something, her answer is best described as a complicated shrug and the reiteration that she had no dirt.

• Witnessed x 3
  19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

i almost ran out of dirt the other day, but I am basing in a desert and I’m very early game besides

• Witnessed x 1
  20. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

check out this monstrosity that I wrought yesterday
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice