Problematic Miners

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by VJ Wocky, Aug 20, 2019.

1. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

NO

• Witnessed x 1
  2. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

YES

omg its the neon spirit of halloweens past XD

• Agree x 2
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

im using that skin forever i think

• Winner x 2
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I made a big ol flaming head

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    it's... well, not good, but okay considering I've never made anything like this before! I've never even made a sphere lol

originally this was a test - I had the idea of making a mob farm with a giant statue underneath, holding it up so the mobs fall into its mouth. I still want to do that at some point but considering it took me almost three hours just to make this thing, I think I'm gonna wait until I have more building experience so the final result has a chance of actually looking good.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  5. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

that is amazing. and if stuff like this is "noob" stuff then i very much am still not yet at even noob level

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  6. bioluminiscence

bioluminiscence probably not a sword?

great slab useage honestly

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  7. bioluminiscence

bioluminiscence probably not a sword?

I built a turtle sanctuary in a survival server I have with friends recently and it was the first time i built a sphere haha. I had mspain open alongside where i drew the layers to make it look okay
    upload_2019-12-4_1-14-1.png upload_2019-12-4_1-14-17.png upload_2019-12-4_1-14-33.png

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  8. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

that's so cute omg!

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

omg thank you :D I have been watching a Lot of hermitcraft recently so my brain keeps (unfavorably) comparing anything I do with all the builds on there lol. this head is definitely the best thing I’ve made - I took a couple stabs at architecture that didn’t go too well. but I’m really glad the slab stuff looks good!! I spent a long time fussing around with the details :D

DUDE THAT LOOKS AWESOME, I tried to do something similar in creative a little while ago and gave up halfway through lol. but that looks so cool!! and I love the handmade palm tree!!

• Winner x 2
  10. hyrax

1.15 is out today!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 1
  11. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

@hyrax spoiler your flashing gif pls

12. hyrax

sorry about that! fixed.

• Like x 1
  13. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

still have not found any bees in my new 1.15 world. I thought they would be more common. then again I have spent most of my time so far on a mushroom island, because I spawned right freaking next to one! look at this seed!

14. hyrax

yeah bees seem pretty rare, in my Bee Explorations. so far, the nests i’ve seen seem to only spawn on oak trees, i’ve explored birch and spruce forests and found nothing. and they’ll leave and fly away entirely if they can’t find flowers. so yeah a mushroom island is probably not their habitat of choice!

ETA: i actually just went and looked it up, and:
    so they CAN spawn on birch trees... but not in birch forests.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    • Informative x 1
  15. hyrax

(also now that i get a minute to look at it, that seed is AWESOME and i might lobby my friend to switch her private server to that one :O )

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    • Like x 1
  16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

ooh thanks for the info, I thought they could turn up on any tree! looks like I should explore the sunflower plains next

(and yes I’ve barely started but it’s an amazing seed so far, there are even a couple conveniently placed villages on the shore north of the island :D I’m gonna dig out some caves and make a creepy subterranean mushroom villager civilization)

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  17. hyrax

hello yes i love this, subterranean mushroom village Good

• Agree x 2
  18. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i never play unmodded minecraft because arthritis; i need magnet mode just for basic, and probably a number of other things that reduce the number of clicks, like something that makes a chopped tree all fall down at once, and so on. but i'm fascinated by how cool vanilla is getting. are there any basic accessibility mods for the newest versions yet?

19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

my underground villagers are refusing to breed :/ I’ve got two farmers and one unemployed. I throw them food, I get hearts, then I get the negative effect and they wander away from each other. they’re currently in a shallow cave so the sky is visible if not accessable, there are enough beds (each with at least 2 blocks of overhead clearance), and I have no idea what else could be the problem. anybody know? am I going to have to temporarily remove them from the cave to get babies?

20. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i think the sky has to be visible within like 2 or 3 squares of the 'outside' of the door for it to count as a house. so you can build cliff dwellings but cave villages are really hard.

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice