Problematic Miners

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by VJ Wocky, Aug 20, 2019.

1. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

sorry, VJ Wocky, thought you meant a different mod entirely. If it helps organize pams a bit and i get a sink out of it, that sounds interesting

2. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

ah, np. its not a replacement, more of an expansion or supplement. you do get a sink out of it. and refrigerators, oven, toaster, milk bottle, spice racks, tool racks, counters and cabinets. things like that

depending on the version it also has cute black&white tile kitchen floor

the main benefit is you can shove all the cooking tools in there and the base food items and not have to juggle them while you make stuff or hunt for the right tool in your inventory.

• Like x 1
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

there is gonna be a cave update and it looks FREAKING SICK

• Informative x 1
  4. bornofthesea670

I kinda dislike the nether update, makes it hard to travel :/ but I like caves more than the nether so we'll see

• Like x 1
  5. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

6. hyrax

• Agree x 1
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

second vote! looks like the glow squid is gonna win!!! :D https://twitter.com/Minecraft/status/1312440293216727045

I like to dig up to the layer of netherrack right below the ceiling and tunnel around in there. It's not as pretty but you're a lot less likely to die lol

8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

dude the copper and crystals look so COOL

I can't believe this is actually vanilla lol

edit: and the bundles look incredibly useful!!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I love the goats, I love the increased biomes (even if greenery = better creeper hiding spots), but that chasing blue dude... I can already tell that one's gonna kill me a bit

• Agree x 1
  10. VJ Wocky

holy shit
    also: AAAAAAAAAA AXOLITTLES! :D :D :D

yes good awesome!!!

• Agree x 1
  11. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I'm not too sure about the archaeology thing. The whole update feels like it's pushing on the boundaries of vanilla minecraft, which is fine and good, but the brush mechanic and the clay pots really feel modded and kind of out of place. But we'll see I guess, the update doesn't come out for a while so we don't know what the final version will look like.

12. VJ Wocky

i usually hear something like that just about every update now
    honestly: the older versions aren't going anywhere. if there is ever an update that goes "too far" for someone, people can still play in every version before that they like

besides sometimes modded is just "removes new feature i didn't like" And Thats Okay

but then i never really understood the seeming...dislike-to-hate modded tends to get anyway so...maybe im just missing something here

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  13. swirlingflight

I remember when they added hunger. What a stressful time that was! It was Minecraft, not Farmcraft, but here we were, needing to kill pigs and gather mushrooms and grow wheat crops not just to refill your health after a fall or fight, but to prevent losing health from starvation! Suddenly it became the prudent thing to gather some seeds and find a spot with water and get planting, to put lights and walls around so mobs wouldn't trample them, and not travel too far away because - we soon learned - they only grew when the chunks were loaded. Shackled to the mundanity of hunger! What was next, we would have to floss Steve?'s teeth to prevent tooth decay???

Which is to say, yes, very much so. Every update Changes The Game, and some of those updates significantly change our priorities as players, and others add details that we find superfluous or unfitting... But most of them, we get used to eventually.

I've still never gotten the hang of anything with redstone, tbh... But I can appreciate the use of a good item sorter when I see someone else has it set up.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  14. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Yeah, I see that. And I guess some people felt the same way about the whole Nether update lol. I don't exactly hate modded, I just kind of prefer the simplicity and limitation of vanilla. I think I have faith in the dev team's ability to make the archaeology work well.

• Witnessed x 1
  15. swirlingflight

Yeah, I've never gotten used to actually exploring the nether. Using it for fast travel, use, but the actual contents? Not so much.

Villager trading, that was an awesome update. So much diamond gear without ever needing to break a diamond block too, even despite the sorts of jerks on servers who go directly to layer 12 and mine around everywhere. Protect the villagers enough, and you can get infinite gear from them. Love it.

The more recent update with the pillagers, though... man, it adds a lot of interesting hectic feelings. I'm scared to go near a village until I'm well prepared for the assault.

• Like x 1
  16. hyrax

god i accidentally triggered a raid when i was noodling around in single player minecraft recently... i'd forgotten that i'd killed a pillager captain(? banner guy) and still had the debuff, and then i wandered across a village. walked in to check it out and heard the big hunting horn noise and suddenly the "RAID" progress bar popped up. i panicked and ran, as fast and as far as i could, going "sorry sorry sorry!!" to all the villagers as i ran away.

eventually the "RAID" thing went away, and a while later i went back and the village seemed ok, so hopefully there were no casualties. i even had a bucket with me, so i could have gotten some milk and gotten rid of the debuff if i'd remembered! hope i didn't kill any villagers with my thoughtlessness.

• Like x 1
  17. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I always kill them with a bucket of lava if I have one handy, or if not I just use a shield and let their own deflected arrows to it. It takes a while but at least you don't have to worry about raids.

I want to explore the new nether so bad but it's terrifying! If it's not skeletons or ghasts or piglins it's freaking Endermen!

• Winner x 1
  18. swirlingflight

Speaking of updates. I forgot about phantoms. RIP the coal and iron I gathered.

• Witnessed x 2
  19. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

I've been working on a new base in my oldest savefile (first created in Beta 1.2 as "World 1"). I found this really neat island, and I wanted to have something nice-looking but also functional.

2021-05-18_19.07.46.png
    The cabin has my bed and a map wall, as well as a fishing dock.

2021-05-18_19.08.22.png
    The barn is equipment storage/enchanting station, and the crypt is the potion brewing room.

Underneath the garden patch is material storage.

The rest of the island will be decorative mini-biomes and various farms.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
  20. bornofthesea670

I figured out how to add layers to superflat presets. Disappointed it took me so long XD but also Google was not helpful at all in explaining, but finally tonight I looked at the 2* in front of the dirt blocks and thought "oh, I can actually type in this box? What if I put a different number?"

Now I can finally have room for basements.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice