Puns?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Deresto, Feb 25, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

-Tab Kimpton, "Minority Monsters"

• Winner x 2
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

From Reddit, in a thread which also brought up the pet tortoise named Voldetort:
    ETA: Also apparently someone had a deafblind dog which got named Helen Smeller.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    • Winner x 2
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

"Heaven's Design Team"' has a bit with horse puns which wasn't substituted for English puns in the manga translation, so Jupiter calls a horse-like prototype animal "taste-y" and Mercury groans. I didn't get it till I looked up the word for horse. "Umami" means savoury, and horse is "uma". I learned a thing! (In the anime subtitles he makes a comment about horseradish instead.)

• Winner x 2
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

On a drawing of an equine zombie:

• Winner x 1
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Line I brought to Out Of Context Quotes about "Peppering your dialogue with random Australianisms does not koala an Australian accent" is irrationally annoying me because they didn't take the opportunity to say "koala-fy as".

• Agree x 2
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Yesterday I learned that there is slang for the kind of transphobe who sounds suspiciously like they think desperately wanting to not be your assigned gender is the universal experience of being that gender, and it is... *drumroll*... "rotten egg."

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  9. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

just watched Stephen Colbert make a pun that got him the loudest groan i've ever heard from a studio audience:

(re: Vladimir Putin making a list of "unfriendly" countries that includes Micronesia) "It's true what they say, the enemy of my enemy is my... cronesia."

5:39 to 6:05 or so

• Winner x 3
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 1
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Winner x 6
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 1
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 2
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 1
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

There was a fanfic which sadly got deleted which I vividly remember from about fifteen years ago, in which someone made a comment about an insufficiently disguised Harry Potter ripoff with clumsy re-names: "What's next? Matthew Mettishrunk?"

16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

upload_2022-5-22_23-22-36.png

• Winner x 1
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 2
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 5
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Friend mentioned to me that mansplaining could also be called "correctile dysfunction".

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice