Purveyors of Fine Esoteric Goods, Perfumes and Potions: A BPAL thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Artemis, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

https://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/

For the uninitiated, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (or BPAL) sells perfume oils. Really good perfume oils. "I never wore scented anything until my partner introduced me to this site" good.

• Miskatonic University (did I mention they have a lot of horror-themed and fandom-themed sets, from Lovecraft to Fraggle Rock?) (mostly the more macabre themes though) is the one that got me INTO this. It's beautiful and perfect and everything I didn't know I wanted out of a perfume. I consider this my mainstay, although I haven't tried many others yet. Irish coffee, dusty tomes, and polished oakwood
    • Animal Allegory is one I recently picked up from the Halloween collection, and it's what I wanted and expected :D I like it a LOT, it's bit of a... quieter? scent. Would NOT recommend to anyone who doesn't like the smell of church mass, however. The incense part is easily the strongest scent, even if it's not overpowering by any means, so if you don't like that you won't like this at all. Dust, dry incense, parchment, and tobacco leaf
    • Djinn is one of two free imp samples I got with Animal Allegory! It's a spicier scent, imo, and not quiet what it's described as to me, but still a nice strong, fiery-ish smell. There's something else in it, I'm pretty sure, I just can't identify what? I'll probably use it occasionally, but it's more my partner's style than mine :P Black smoke, crackling flames, and smoldering ash
    • Dwarven Ale is the other sample I got, and I hate to say it's really not my jazz. I generally avoid heavily floral or fruity smells, and in this case I was right; I just. Don't like it. I could easily see other people enjoying it, it's quite autumnal and a heavy sort of sweetness. Heck, I'd be happy to ship it to someone so it can get use rather than go to waste with me! Fermented mushrooms, pumpkin, honey, and apple
    (note to self, take picture of the cool 3d printed thing Madame made for me to store imps in!)

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice