Radio Gagarbage [guilty pleasure music thread]

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by witchknights, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

I kind of wish I didn't. But only kind of.

• Like x 2
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

"U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi..." I actually liked and still like their other songs better. "Spy Girl" and "Star Club" are still in my MP3 collection.

• Like x 2
  3. Pumpkageist

I only know their most annoying songs due to overexposure in the late 90s.

Daphne and Celeste: Creating playground taunts since 1990-something.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  4. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

-i fucking love mad world
    -idk if this counts as trash but a fairly hefty chunk of the music i like i found through lyricstucks/warriors PMVs
    -party in the USA is so peppy i love it
    -i also really like leave out all the rest by linkin park
    -....and you're gonna go far kid. i love you're gonna go far kid 100% unironically even though it's the pinnacle of 2010-era edge

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    • Like x 6
  5. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Since we're talking about Eurovision! This one always makes me happy too

I am really looking forward to whatever weirdness we'll get this year

this dude's so hashtag-goals

• Like x 2
  6. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

Apparently Melanie Martinez makes people cringe and I'm just here like, "Young girl who sings about her many obvious problems that no one is acknowledging. It's me."

• Like x 8
  7. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

for me it's definitely "cake by the ocean" by dnce

• Like x 9
  8. shmeed

shmeed plant me

i waffle between being embarrassed about how much i love Apink and being agressively loud and proud about it

• Like x 1
  9. devian

devian Well-Known Member

I am going to live in this thread now

as I am a person who unironically likes Nickelback, so help me

• Like x 7
  10. Greendragon

Greendragon New Member

First thing that comes to mind for me is Van Canto.

Then... ok there's too many to actually link the videos to. But

• Like x 1
  11. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

folk metal fuck yeah!

12. Peophin

Peophin Easily Distracted

So I was just alerted to the existence of this thread and ohohoho, this is my thread. This thread was made for me. Guilty pleasure music could describe a solid 2/3 of my itunes.

Is this where I rant about my Johnny’s Entertainment obsession? Yes, why yes, I think it is. JE music is cheesy manufactured pop music and I love all of it. And force my parents to listen to it. No shame.

Where to start, ohhh where to start with my favorite groups. I’m… I’m going to start with the not-terrible music just to be kind, but rest assured there’s a lot more worse music where this came from. I have roughly 600 more songs, I can do this all day.

There’s Arashi, boyband extraordinaire who are probably completely unstoppable now that SMAP is gone:

The closest you’ll find to good music in their singles. The lesser-known weird experimental songs can actually get pretty great, but singles? Yeeeaaaah.

Then there’s KAT-TUN, the ~edgy rock-styled boyband who started self-destructing when they grew up out of teenhood and couldn’t keep it up ahahahaaaa kill me:

I am only slightly ashamed of how many times I’ve danced around my room to this. I don’t have a link to last year’s trio concert version but take my word for it that Nakamaru’s vocals are really hot.

Finally, there’s NEWS, MY BABIES er I mean the boyband that started out as a complete fucking mess thanks to horrifyingly bad management, went through a lot of shit, and gradually became a real group:

Here’s a traditional 6nin song from when they’re all tiny and cute lookiiiiit. This song is legit how I remember the days of the week in Japanese. I’m not even slightly kidding about that.

And a 4nin video which is actually two songs in one BECAUSE I CAN'T RESIST MY BABIES OKAY. They're trying to be cool here. Come on guys you're not fooling us. Tegoshi absolutely cannot hold back or control himself on vocals so it's another average day in the life of NEWS. Jesus fuck, those high notes, I think his vocal range is higher than mine is.

I’d gush about Tegomass here, too, but honestly, they’re genuinely good and therefore don’t belong in this thread.

Lastly, unrelated to any of the above, thank you all for teaching my uneducated American ass about Eurovision, because now I’m really sad we don’t have anything like this.

• Like x 2
  13. devian

devian Well-Known Member

...I HAD NEVER SEEN THIS VIDEO AND I'M GOING TO LAUGH FOR SIX MILLION YEARS NOW

14. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

FUCK, man...broadway karkat's stuff still gets me. sometimes i just really really need to listen to that shit even though some of it is really damn corny

• Like x 4
  15. Carrickfergus

Carrickfergus abstractor of the quintessence

So, my daughter is obsessed -- OBSESSED WITH THE DEEPEST AND MOST VEHEMENT OBSESSION -- with Five Nights at Freddy's.

She has never actually played any of the games. But she knows ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING about it, she plays FNAF-related worlds in something called Roblocks, she builds giant character heads in Minecraft and then lives in them, she makes her own insanely detailed paper dolls of characters she doesn't have or can't get as regular action figures, and the paintings she's done inspired by this fandom are remarkable.

Also she has her own fan character and built a robot of it using duct tape and plastic forks. It has moving joints and a removable head.

Anyway, her perpetual occupation is looking up and watching FNAF-themed videos on YouTube. A lot of these are music videos set to songs people have actually written and recorded specifically about FNAF. Pretty much all of them are amazing, as far as the quality of the audio work and music is concerned. I am impressed as hell by most of them, I enjoy listening to them with her, but there's one in particular I absolutely LOVE and play constantly on my own when she's not around:

• Like x 4
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I love Melanie Martinez! And does Vocaloid count for this, or does it depend on the song since there are so many songwriters for them?

My dad got me into both Kate Bush and the Pogues. We both have eclectic taste.

• Like x 6
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Hetalia character songs. I've pretty much memorised a fandub of Pub and Go.

• Like x 3
  18. Pumpkageist

• Like x 3
  19. goldenflowertea

goldenflowertea this universe SUCKS but it is full of FRIENDS

20. goldenflowertea

goldenflowertea this universe SUCKS but it is full of FRIENDS

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice