Radio Gagarbage [guilty pleasure music thread]

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by witchknights, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

I have doomed all of Kintsugi to fall victim to the ultimate unkillable earworm. I'm so sorry.

• Like x 1
  2. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

• Like x 4
  3. goldenflowertea

goldenflowertea this universe SUCKS but it is full of FRIENDS

Also!

• Like x 6
  4. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

I haven't thought of KAT-TUN in years, holy shit. I can't even remember what songs I liked

5. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

@cassikat how dare you put Queen in a garbage music thread, you monster /kidding

but speaking of classic rock, the only band that i'm into that i feel any kind of "shame" about (because i'm a shameless monster who loves the best garbage) is the eagles. i know they are the very epitome of Bland Dad Rock but it's not my fault okay, i was raised on them!! they are my Bland Dad's fav classic rock band and i know almost every song within two seconds of the intro.

• Like x 7
  6. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Dude, I love Evanescence. My dad got me into them when I was 11 or so, and I have genuinely wonderful memories of us singing along to them really loudly and badly in the car.

Actually, I honestly like most of the music mentioned in My Immortal. Including Good Charlotte, yes. And Avril Lavigne. And I don't even count MCR as a guilty pleasure anymore tbh? They're genuinely pretty fucking good.

Also, Kesha is great and I'm listening to her as I type this.

Also Lana Del Rey and a lot of Vocaloid shit.

Also, if perseverating over a band excessively counts...I listen to They Might Be Giants CONSTANTLY. But they're not even remotely a guilty pleasure, haha.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    • Like x 7
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Ponponpon!

• Like x 6
  8. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

MCR are fucking awesome

• Like x 3
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The audiobook recordings of songs from the Redwall books may or may not count as trashy. It's probably weird that I have them on my MP3 player now I'm pushing thirty though.

• Like x 3
  10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Oooh, I remembered one really good (bad?) one:

• Like x 1
  11. shmeed

shmeed plant me

also

fun story about maniac: it sounds like a horror soundtrack because it was literally written to be that, and was palate-swapped for a dance movie after the fact
    Sembello wrote this with his songwriting partner Dennis Matkosky, who got the idea when he saw the William Lustig movie Maniac, which is about a serial killer who stalks his victims in New York City. Sembello told us: "He came up with the original kernel of inspiration and to me with the basic idea and groove [...]
    That direction obviously wasn't going to work at which point the genius of Phil Ramone, producer of the soundtrack who had the vision to see the potential of the song, asked us to change it to the present concept of a girl possessed with the passion of a gift for dance. Without Phil it would not have happened."

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    • Like x 3
  12. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

OH MY GOD, GUNTHER. *flashbacks to old flatmates whose drinking sessions were basically this thread in real time*

• Like x 4
  13. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Friend I had TWO copies of their CD As Quatro Estações and I kept it with different covers because cute

To non-Brazilian friends: bland sibling duo Sandy & Júnior had a bland CD called "The Four Seasons Live" and it came with a foldable booklet that offered 4 cover options. I had friends who religiously changed the cover at the start of any new season so it would match. The covers looked like this btw:

[​IMG]
    My favorites were the Autumn one and the Spring one, but also I had a big shameful crush on Sandy in that winter coat

EDIT: Also now I can't unsee how disproportionately Sandy's face is photoshopped in the Summer picture, fucking incredible.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    • Like x 2
  14. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

"Bring Me To Life" is my karaoke specialty! Or, well, it was before my voice changed. No longer being able to emulate Amy Lee is the biggest drawback of transitioning so far tbh

• Like x 3
  15. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

I'M SORRY, WHAT?? (eta: by which I mean where can I watch this, I need it in my life)

Also my guilty pleasure is Japanese dansou pop group Fudanjuku. They don't sing so good but they're so earnest and cute:
    (it's a rehearsal video. All their old MVs are region locked, I just found out ;^;)

16. Birdy

Birdy so long

its a fucking bop and you can fight me

• Like x 3
  17. Acey

I was only ever really super into Broadway Aradia, but she was legit excellent. NO REGRETS.

• Like x 4
  18. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I should clarify that I was not particularly obsessed with them, I got the CD twice because two different distant relatives thought it was an appropriate birthday gift for a 12 year old girl.

• Like x 2
  19. Acey

That's actually kind of a cool idea, and the whole changing-it-to-match-the-current-season thing is ADORABLE. Although since I tend to hang cool liner notes on my wall, I'd prolly just use it as a poster...

• Like x 2
  20. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I was the friend. the friend was i.

Although i was known for changing to the winter cover offseason because Júnior looked the exact kind of brooding teenager that would foretell my goth phase, and i was also very gay for Sandy in that coat.

[​IMG]
    (just kidding)

I made my mom pay for color photocopies of the covers so i could hang them on my wall and still change the booklet cover each season. Tiny Marie had... issues. But i was also like, eight.

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice