Radio Gagarbage [guilty pleasure music thread]

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by witchknights, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Dude, I'm 24 and I still have A Problem when it comes to hanging shit on my walls. :P I am in no place to judge.

2. Acey

Also, does listening to SU musical numbers over and over count? Because I cannot stop listening to Full Disclosure right now. The Soundcloud version specifically--it sounds even better.

• Like x 2
  3. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

y'all because of this thread specifically i have listened to nothing but from under the cork tree nonstop for the past... fuck... like a week

#no regrets

I'M JUST A NOTCH IN YOUR BEDPOST BUT YOU'RE JUST A LINE IN A SOOOOOOONG~

• Like x 11
  4. Acey

Dude, FOB is awesome! They're my girlfriend's all-time fave band, and I saw part of a show with her and a friend once. (Place was a bit too crowded for my sperg brain so I peaced out midway through, but it was still a great show and a lot of fun!)

She actually has some FOB tattoos, in fact...I should ask her if she'd be cool with me showing them to you!

• Like x 4
  5. Choco

i wouldn't necessarily say FOB is one of my favorite bands, but from under the cork tree specifically was a Very Important Album for baby chocolate, and listening to it now is just reminding me of how very important it was so i'm all ~nostalgic~ for my teenage years.

i spent a long time in my mid teenagerhood (basically from 14 until 17) really embarrassed by my former emo phase and really smug about only listening to classic rock, so it's really nice to finally be in a place where i can unironically enjoy the heck out of some fall out boy again.

• Like x 4
  6. Acey

Oh God, I feel ya on the Important Albums thing...my big one was John Henry by They Might Be Giants, which is one of my favorites still but was just SO HUGE to babby!Acey in ways adult!Acey cannot adequately explain.

Now I'm emotional...

• Like x 2
  7. Choco

for me it was a combo of from under the cork tree, a fever you can't sweat out, and opheliac. and also, specifically the song hate me by blue october. (baby emo chocolate had a flair for the dramatic, let me tell you.)

• Like x 4
  8. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Opheliac, like, the Emily Autumn album?

9. Choco

the very same. i was majorly struggling with (what i didn't realize at the time was) a pretty bad depressive episode, and that album was like a light in the dark for me. i could babble for literal days about how important her music and her whole fucked up broken victorian doll aesthetic was for me when my whole head was screaming

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  10. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I need a same hat emote

• Like x 3
  11. Choco

you've just highlighted a very critical flaw in this forum's emote system- someone, quick, get on this

• Like x 6
  12. Shwoo

Shwoo Well-Known Member

The Black Parade album by My Chemical Romance was really important to me when I first listened to it. I remember mentioning that on a forum, and someone told me that that album was terrible, and to listen to Bomb The Music Industry!'s album Goodbye Cool World! instead. So I did, Goodbye Cool World! eventually became very important to me as well, and I guess what I mean is that music is great regardless of whether or not people make fun of you for liking it.

I wish I could take back all the time I spent being embarrassed about my love of pop punk and convert it into something useful.

• Like x 8
  13. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

opheliac was defintely baby me's important album too!

• Like x 1
  14. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

rezzing this thread because i just remembered that paws to the walls exists
    it's a, very Suggestive, furry song but it's embarrassingly catchy

15. Acey

Belated, but those are three excellent albums right there! A++ good taste. Never heard the Blue October song in question, though!

Also belated but UGH I FEEL THIS. I used to occasionally go on the Last.FM forums and the people there were soooooo pretentious about was and wasn't Good Music TM. (TMBG was a ~*silly novelty band*~ by the metrics a lot of them used, and therefore Not Worth Listening To despite, y'know, being awesome. And Weird Al was considered Bad as well because he's a comedy artist?? It was fucking dumb.)

Honestly I spent a good period of time, and I remember even mentioning this to a therapist when I was like, twenty, being embarrassed to admit to liking anything that could qualify as "pop." Like, I thought Marina And The Diamonds was a Bad Thing To Like because her stuff is kinda pop. Fortunately I'm past that (and I actually saw Marina with my girlfriend and a pal of ours in 2015--awesome show!), but wow. I'm cringing way harder at Past Acey's attitude than I am at Past Acey's music taste, lemme put it that way. :P

• Like x 3
  16. Clicks

Clicks The All Consuming Dread

I went to a Twenty-One Pilots concert a few weeks ago, and my friend is still making fun of me. I deserve it.

• Like x 1
  17. goldenflowertea

goldenflowertea this universe SUCKS but it is full of FRIENDS

18. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

i have no fucking idea what this song is

19. Lee

Lee i will face god and walk backwards into hell

Still listen extensively to Vocaloid, crying quietly. It's just good ok

• Agree x 3
  20. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

DROPS THIS AND RUNS

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice