Rating System (was: what even are social noises round N+1)

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by seebs, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

further thoughts: initially you could click on the icons and see who did each, and now they aren't clickable (didn't notice if it happened after notifications). not sure how important that is, but it's a thing.

I think it's ratings on the OP?

• Agree x 1
  2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I believe it's the reactions to the OP! Here, I'm going to go press a different reaction than thumbsup on Seebs' OP and see if that changes it..

Edit: Nope, I "informative"'d the OP and it still only shows the likes. ???

3. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

@Mendacity random thought but would changing the hand to a non-human color help? Like...idk, purple? (To match the site theme kind like how FB'S is blue)

I'm not primarily a pixel artist but I could probably do tiny icons like that in a pinch.

Edit: busy for a few hours but I could throw something together tonight unless someone else volunteers.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  4. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

Maybe? It's just something about it fucks with me WHO KNOWS MAN. Maybe a + sign idk! It honestly can stay, I'll adjust, but I've just got a Thing.

Purple hand I will never turn down as purple is my favorite color

5. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

Okay, so ai was working on a pixel for "witnessed" and uh.... my aesthetics now demand that all icons be made with the same style/by same person cuz clashing symbols hurts my soul

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

@seebs can you put up an announcement about the change in the like system and add a link to this thread?

7. Existrum

Existrum Member

What if instead of symbols you switched to just words? Simpler, and I prefer it at least. Anyone else?

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 2
    • Useful x 1
  8. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

thank you based seebs

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  9. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I don't think it ... oh hey that works really well. Good idea. It's even supported; they have different code used when there's no image specified.

10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Would work for me, but might get a bit long.

• Agree x 1
  11. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

I am just happy to have a "witnessed" button of some sort, I always felt awkward using "like" for posts about negative things happening to people.

• Agree x 14
  12. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

Okay, digging the words MUCH better xD

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. blue

blue hightown funk you up

(raises hand) the fact that neither the post nor any notification contains the information about WHO liked your post is.. less than ideal? it is nice to know these things.

edit: i do like the words a lot, though

• Agree x 11
  14. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Not being able to expand the list of likes may get confusing in the rec room thread where some people seem to use it to indicate interest in an activity. Will everyone who wants a ping need to make a new post about it?

• Informative x 2
  15. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

"Funny" should be "LOL". Let's go back to the dark ages.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  16. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

Actually, I take that back. "XD" is much better. @seebs This is incredibly important.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  17. seebs

I can enable the "list who said the thing", it's a setting.

Observation: If you have to manually expand the list, this makes it easier to avoid being upset because someone pinged one of your posts. Shame it doesn't have separate settings for "expand list on own post/expand list on other people's posts".

• Like x 1
  18. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i'm seeing a way to expand the list of likes! so it should still be fine?

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  19. seebs

I re-enabled it.

20. Existrum

Existrum Member

There's a button that says List, if you click it it will tell you who reacted how to the post.

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice