Rating System (was: what even are social noises round N+1)

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by seebs, Mar 31, 2017.

1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Either that's new or I just totally missed it, ahaha. But yes, that is better, and I got a notif for Codeless reacting to my post too.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

i think a lot of these reactions can overlap with each other but we can only chose one..... for example, i can enjoy a post because it is informative also useful to me. im anxious over being only able to choose One Reaction

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  3. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

Was the list button there before? //doesn't remember

I like (hurr hurr) the new options but I feel like there are... too many? But "more than three" is "many" for me. XD
    Like a disc world troll.

Is there a meaningful distinction between informative and useful? I feel like informative would be a subset of useful.

• Like x 1
  4. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

Yeah, I think useful and informative are the same thing, we don't need both.

• Agree x 5
    • Useful x 1
  5. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i also feel like all the positive ones (i.e. like, agree, funny, winner, and potentially useful/informative as well) can all just be...a like. i definitely support a hugs and/or witnessed button, but the rest seem kinda....extraneous to me?like, informative and useful could definitely be just one button.

6. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I like having options.

• Agree x 8
    • Winner x 1
  7. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

a normal "like" generally conveys a positive reaction, i think was the issue before, so having a "i feel u" button is definitely good; no one really quibbled about whether a like meant that they agree or whether it was informative or whether it was funny or...

it was just a yes, i like this :P

8. Aqua Vitae

I like having more options for specificity, though. When people are successful and post about it I can now hit that MF Winner button and I think that's beautiful.

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  9. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

I'm still not sure what 'Winner' is tbh >_>

• Winner x 8
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

A button for you to be a smartass with obviously. Smartass. :P

• Winner x 15
  11. Aqua Vitae

There's also this. Very important, can't lose it.

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 2
  12. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

I noticed that with the new system you can't see who liked something unless it's your post, only the number. Is that going to be changed at all?

13. electroTelegram

i like options but for me the current number of options are confusing

• Agree x 2
  14. Key

Key never make a triangle

I can find something informative without finding it useful. I can agree with something without liking it. I primarily engage with posts through the like button so having more options means I will feel more comfortable interacting with more posts, so I don't really want to lose any of the options.

• Agree x 4
    • Informative x 3
  15. Existrum

Existrum Member

Try clicking the List button at the end of the reactions, it should show you who reacted how.

• Informative x 1
  16. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Ah, there we go.

17. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I don't know if this is a change made since your post, but if I click "list" on other people's posts I can see who reacted in various ways, not just the number.

Edit: Way ninja'd.

18. electroTelegram

conversly the number of options are intimidating and confusing to me and i am now very uncomfortable with using the like/react system

• Agree x 5
  19. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

I like the distinction between "like", "agree", and "funny" (although I won't dispute that I got by fine without them as well), but I agree that having both "informative" and "useful" doesn't really seem necessary, and I have no idea what "winner" adds that couldn't be conveyed more simply with one of the other options. Maybe others are getting different things out of them than I am or have different priorities though; I can only speak for myself. Fwiw, my leaning would be to combine "informative"/"useful" and get rid of "winner"; I think the rest are good.

• Agree x 3
  20. Aqua Vitae

Competing access needs are the very worst.

• Agree x 15
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice