==> Raven: Investigate Crater

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by Captain Raven, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

"Ready when you are."

2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Wing was trying to figure out how to connect to the suits' communications systems.
    "How do you talk to each other in vacuum in those suits?"

3. Captain Raven

Captain Raven Best Damn Captain you've Never heard of.

"Radio waves over short distances. Quantum communicators over long distances. Most also have magical fail safes in case the technological units fail."

4. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Wing stuck their tongue out partway, little flickers of magic dancing along her horns as he tried to shapeshift their horns to act as a radio.
    After a few minutes, she gave up and started trying to link up to the magical failsafes.

5. Technicality

"I can help with that, if you need it."

6. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

"Yes please...I have never linked up with radio communications before."

7. Technicality

"Sure thing. Let's see..."
    I close my eyes and think. It takes a minute, but I know how to do this. I raise my hands and move my fingers slightly, as if playing the piano. A blue rune appears in front of me, slowly becoming purple. Suddenly, the piercing noise of radio feedback splits the room. Startled, I flinch, and the magic bursts, throwing me backwards. It's only now that I wonder how I knew how to do that.
    "Did...did it work?" I ask.

8. Captain Raven

Raven rubs where his ears would be through the suit.
    "Yea, I think that worked."

9. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Wing rears back at the radio-feedback noise, wings flaring.
    After hearing the question, they decide to test it. Concentrating, she tries to send a message.
    <I think so?>

10. Technicality

"Good, good. Seems the link is working." My confusion over knowledge I shouldn't have has been replaced with determination. I decide to test it out.
    <Ready?>

11. Captain Raven

<Ready.> Raven says over the radio.
    <Buttons on the door when everyone is ready to go.>
    Raven gestures at a holographic button hovering in front of the door. Its a rectangle with an arrow pointing out of it.

((hisses at my own inability to use sub accounts))

12. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Wing reaches up and presses the button.
    <Ready.> they add unnecessarily.

13. Technicality

<Ok. Let's do this.> I push down on the button.

14. Captain Raven

The air in the room is quickly sucked down into vents on the floor, two small force fields appear just inside the room in front of both doors, secondary failsafes to ensure that no air is lost from the colony, solid objects can pass through both of them.
    <Did you still want to ride on the sled Nicole?>
    Raven waits for an answer before he starts moving.

15. Technicality

16. Captain Raven

Raven waits for Nicole to get situated on the sled, and Wing to get out the door before he starts to move the A.T.V out.
    <We should be able to just go straight from here and get to the crater.>

17. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Wing spreads their, well, wings, and starts flapping. Faint, colorued specks of light start to appear around their wings, but they don't actually take off until the ATV gets up to speed. Then, they jump into flight, and the glitter of magic intensifies. It's still only a glitter, not a full coating.

18. Technicality

I sit on the sled.
    ((Is the sled just being dragged behind the ATV? Or am I driving it?))

19. Captain Raven

The A.T.V pulls into switches into high gear, with Wing following just behind.
    <The crash site is about a mile and a half from here. Near my shuttle, the landing site is obscured by smoke, I hope its okay.>
    Raven attempts to contact the shuttle by radio, but the crash has caused some type of interference with the shuttles communicators.

((you're just sitting on it, the sled isn't self powered or anything. It would be a good time for conversation. @palindromordnilap its your choice if you want to crash into the shuttle, it's been there since the Raven: take flight thread.))

20. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Wing tilts up slightly, to look for the shuttle and crash site while still staying in easy sight of the shuttle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice