==> Raven: Take flight (open rp)

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by NevermorePoe, Feb 28, 2016.

1. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

“If i’m surrendering your mail does that mean you’ll be carrying it in yourself?” Raven asked over the com. He doubted it, though it would make his life a little easier. “All the packages were prepaid before delivery, as per space amazons policy. If you’d like me to carry it in, I’ll pull it into the colony proper, you can inspect the packages at your leisure.” The humanoid that had changed into a dragon had turned back. The mechs were getting ready to hook up the ATV to the gravi-sled, it wouldn’t be long to take it into the colony when they were ready.

• Like x 1
  2. Ivy Of Kintsugi

Ivy Of Kintsugi Smol Fashion Designer | 18+

"Yeah sure gimme a sec..." Ivy responded and walked over to a terminal. Hm. Right that was also normal-humanoid-size up the wall. Well, not like they couldn't climb up.
    They jumped to reach for a protruding frame, and, dangling off it, swung over to the console.
    Putting in the code to open the wall for deliveries with one hand while hanging a few feet above ground was not easy, but Ivy had practice.
    "And whoop." They say and land on the ground with a tiny "oof". They grin as they dust themself off.
    "Door should open at the coordinates scribbled somewhere on the paper Mirrors probably gave you. Hi!"

• Like x 4
  3. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

A voice popped through the radio."Door should open at the coordinates scribbled somewhere on the paper Mirrors probably gave you. Hi!"
    “Hi.” Raven replied. “Does this mean I can take the packages to the colony?” The mechs had finished loading them. “If you wanted to do an inspection before we head to the colony, we should do it now.”

((Lost track of time, sorry.))

4. Ivy Of Kintsugi

"Uhhhhhh... hang on!" Ivy chirped and turned to the others.
    "Shit what's protocoll again do we like do inspections?" they asked with raised eyebrows.

5. Imo

Imo New Member

Imo feels her box being lifted up and put somewhere different.
    Another shuttle maybe?
    There goes her chance at getting out without being noticed.

6. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

A smooth, calm, feminine voice emanates from the audio devices of all present. "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well. No thing, no being, no matter truly poses a threat to our eternal existence. All manner of thing shall be well. Please proceed with the deliveries. All manner of thing shall be well."

• Like x 3
  7. Ivy Of Kintsugi

"Thanks!" Ivy said, nodding with understanding. Yes this made much more sense.
    "Okay, come on in, dear mailperson!" they say into their communicator."

• Like x 1
  8. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

((... I'm not sure why I didn't see any notifications for the last couple posts, guess i'll have to check manually, sorry for the delay.))

• Like x 1
  9. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Raven hopped onto the atv and fired up the engine, making sure the link to the gravi-sled was working correctly he tapped a button on the dash, and the cargo bay door on the shuttle swung inwards as a ramp extending into the lunar soil. Looking through he could see the gretting party standing a few feet away. “Shall I go myself, or would you like to lead the way?” He asked gesturing towards the door in the wall.

10. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

((-pokes the thread with a stick-))

11. Ivy Of Kintsugi

"Just go through, I guess. Um. Sorry. We're not the main team." Ivy chattered into the communicator.

• Like x 1
  12. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

"I was kinda expecting there to be more explosions now, and hadn't worked out any alternative strategies."

• Like x 2
  13. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

(I've been watching because I said I'd post but I haven't really seen a good opportunity to contribute anything, so I'll just keep hanging out and waiting in the back.)

14. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Raven twisted the accelerator forwards, and the atv lurched into gear, tugging the sled behind it as it headed towards the door. “Where should I park? I still have to get signatures for the packages.” The sled was heavy enough that he was moving at walking speed, even without any of the drag that would come from wheels. The engine whined in protest at the load behind him as they pulled towards the gate to the sealed dome. As they pulled into the dome everyone who was wearing space suits removed them, or in Raven’s case, the helmet.

15. Ivy Of Kintsugi

"I thiiiink you could set up over there!" Ivy points at a spot of free space that should be big enough for the sled.
    "We could get you like a foldy table and chair so you could sit or something?"
    As they say that they dial the umber of the Radio station on their phone.
    "Yo. The mail's here by the way and we are probably safe. So yeah, people should probably come down to the door in the wall and get their stuff!" they chatter without waiting for whoever picked up to say anything.

• Like x 1
  16. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

"Listeners, we've just received word that the imminent arrival of our destruction has been held off until next Thursday. Instead, it sounds like we've received our quarterly shipment from Space Amazon! Ivy reports that we are all safe - as safe as existence ever is, of course - and that if you ordered something, you should head to where the massive spaceship landed. And if you were indoors when the ship landed, well, go outside and use your eyes. It's very big.

And now, a word from our sponsors. Joining us today as a representative of Space Amazon - how à propos! - is Ted, a sentient puddle, who has just ... I'm sorry, Ted, what's the polite way to describe puddlesque movement patterns? Ah, yes, poured, thank you... who has just poured into the studio...."

• Like x 6
  17. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

((@Kaylotta the ship landed outside the colony, he took an atv with a sled inside the colony, so heading out to the ship would just be a hassle. should someone call in a correction?))

18. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

((I assume if Raven parked his sled pretty much next to the closest way out of the wall to the ship people will pass through there one way or the other? I don't think it's very important to be THAT precise :P))

• Like x 1
  19. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

((I suspect people are also used to the radio station not always being quite correct. when questioned, management (through a translator) says it's their job to "keep everyone on their toes". also yeah, I doubt the sled would have gone too far afield of the ship in any direction but towards the colony, so if people head towards the ship they'll see the sled first. unless Raven wants to be ornery and set up in a completely different location, which, well, then people will be confused and we have more to play! :D ))

• Like x 1
  20. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Raven stopped the sled a short ways outside the door, they were on a small concrete pad with shattered stone embedded in it in a pattern. Most of the colony inside the dome spreading out below him. They were about halfway up the crater wall, the area around them was covered in grass with several odd glowing trees framing the entryway, and partially screening it from the rest of the colony. The tops of several other small domes poked up above the rim from his perspective. The two large mechs that had stowed themselves on the sled untucked themselves, and tentatively dropped a ramp down onto the concrete, testing to make sure it would hold their weight as they walked down and began unloading boxes onto the concrete.

((Ivy, your package is at the back, so is your's @Imoyram, they were loaded last.))

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice