==> Raven: Take flight (open rp)

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by NevermorePoe, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Imo

Imo New Member

Imo lifted her head a bit to see the short th- Ivy.
    She panicked a bit at the question.
    She wasnt technically a new citizen, she was a stow away.
    "uh.... lots of people dont like finding someone hiding in their space amazon deliveries... I thought you'd all feel the same.."

2. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

The low-speed chase hadn't got very far, and it didn't take long for Snitch to catch up, listening to the unfolding impasse conversation for a suitable place to join in.

Wait, new flighty person might react negatively to a big pile of motile tentacles.

Eh, what the hell. They probably won't mind too hard.

• Like x 1
  3. Imo

Imo New Member

After saying her part to Ivy, Imo had dropped her face back into her hands, but when she lifted it again, she saw a giant mass of tentacles standing next to Ivy.

"AAAH!!"
    She scrambled to her feet and stumbled back a few feet.

4. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

"Yeah, Ivy, way to be overintimidating."

• Like x 2
  5. Ivy Of Kintsugi

Ivy Of Kintsugi Smol Fashion Designer | 18+

"I know I'm just way too badass to be social. It's a burden but one I have to bare!" Ivy snarked.
    "That's snitchy, they're not bad jsut a bit weird! You get used tot he whole tentacle thing." they said to the new arrival.
    "What's your name?" they asked, remembering their manners at the last second.

6. Imo

Imo New Member

Imo giggled involuntarily at the joke, and then answered Ivy's question aftera few seconds of hesitation.
    "I'm....Imo."
    She then wrapped her wings around herself.
    So much for being threatening.

7. Ivy Of Kintsugi

"Nice to meet you, Imo!" Ivy grinned and adjusted their cape.
    "I hope you'll like it here! Oh and if you need clothes or need something mended come by my studio whenever, I do most people's clothes around here! I bet shopping for tops with your wings is a nightmare!"
    they were rambling. They also didn't seem to notice.

8. Imo

Imo New Member

"I.. I'll be sure to take you up on that offer."
    Imo smiled at Ivy, glad that these persons were more accepting than everywhere else she had been.
    They were certainly living up to their advertisements!

9. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

(Maybe Scheherazade could get involved by giving her a basic medical checkup, since she's the local doctor?)

• Like x 1
  10. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

(sure! id be down for that, maybe snitch or soul or ivy could call for a doctor on the communicators? though this thread was/is for the mail delivery shenanigans primarily, I just needed an intro into KiS canon. I'm considering making a random interactions weekly thread for myself and others to hang out in. @QuotableRaven would this be too thread derail-ey?)

11. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

((thats fine, i kinda expected this to get off topic.))

Raven watched the slow speed chase and introduction from afar. Given the amount of time he'd spent in space, he was surprised that this was the first time that he'd ever had a stowaway. He didn't particularily mind, space amazon had paid for the fuel. He glanced over at the small pile of boxes, considering. The mechs wouldn't let anyone take a package without signing for it. He jogged over to where the bird-girl was laying down. "You know, I have passenger cabins if you wanted a ride here, right?" He wouldn't have even charged for it, this time, though he might have asked her to help with packages. He'd barely had any expenses this trip.

12. Imo

Imo New Member

"oh! Well... not many people feel that way, especially since i cant pay for anything. Every other time i've been caught stowing away has ended much less peacefully than this."
    SHe unfurled her wings a bit, felling less worried now.

(Cool. @Scheherazade you can do the thing)

• Like x 2
  13. Scheherazade

(My post isn't going through properly right now, so I'm going to try double-posting and see if that works. Edit: it doesn't. Seems like I can post short sentences but not anything longer. What the fuck?)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    • Like x 1
  14. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

(what the fuck? id say that would warrant a (small) post in the bugs/features requests thread) (also maybe trying long posts with a subaccount? for science, to see if it can post longer posts)

• Like x 2
  15. Scheherazade

(Hah, finally working! ...Even if it did kind of eat my paragraph breaks before I edited.)

Sitting in what was, at the time, a small living room adjacent to Holy Gate's main first floor kitchen, Scheherazade blinked and looked up at the sound of the radio turning on. Listening to the announcement and hearing nothing dangerous, she was about to return to the book she'd been reading when she realized that a new citizen meant someone in need of proper medical examination, to make sure they weren't likely to kill someone by sneezing on them or spontaneously combust when exposed to certain common household cleaning materials.

Always best for a doctor to clear things like that up beforehand, really. An ounce of prevention was worth a pound of straining with your healing magic for hours trying to cure a sudden extradimensional organ rupture, or so the phrase went. More or less. Humming absently to herself, she packed a small black case with an array of basic medical supplies, walked out through a brief corridor that lead conveniently to the front hallway (admittedly, by inexplicably doubling back on itself and then cutting straight through the nearest bathroom), and headed out the front door to take flight to the loading dock.

Back inside Holy Gate, things... shifted, for lack of a better word. Scheherazade would return to find the room she'd been sitting in had shifted places with a dairy, complete with fresh goat cheese, and would eventually locate her original sitting room through a small trapdoor directly under the second-floor laundry closet. Fortunately, she liked goats reasonably well and hadn't had much planned for the day anyway.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    • Like x 5
  16. Ivy Of Kintsugi

Ivy spots Scheherazade in the sky and waves wildly
    "IMO IS DOWN HERE! YOU'RE HERE FOR THE MEDICAL EXAM, RIGHT?" they shouted. Restraint or quietness were not usual qualities ascribed to the small fae.

17. Scheherazade

Scheherazade waved briefly with the arm not occupied with her carrying case as she glided overhead, then banked to the left and circled down to land on the ground beside them, her black-feathered wings folding neatly down against her back. "Hello, Ivy, good to see you. " She smiled slightly in what she hoped was a polite and reassuring way. "And it's nice to meet you... Imo, was it? I'm Scheherazade, I have some healing abilities and currently serve as the colony's doctor."

"It's standard policy for new residents to be given a basic medical checkup to make sure you aren't going to have any health problems from the local environment- using my magic to scan for any illnesses or bad allergic reactions, and similar. We don't have to get started right away if you don't want to, I'm happy to wait for you to catch your breath a bit if you'd feel more comfortable. I do have to ask that you don't leave the platform without a proper checkup first, though. Odds are there's nothing to worry about, but there's no sense in taking unnecessary health risks."

18. Imo

Imo New Member

"Oh! Hi! Shceheza- do you have a nickname? Oh! and you have wings too! But mine are also my arms, hehe.. Wait, uh.. sorry. A checkup would be fine, um.. You can do it whenever? I'm not going anywhere, so..."

Imo trails off awkwardly

• Like x 1
  19. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Raven watched as a second winged woman appeared above, apparently, the colonies doctor? He wondered if he should get a checkup as well, his ship could use some basic maintenance and this seemed like a fairly safe area to get that done. They might even have some materials to trade! Scavenging from wrecked ships got old after a time, though some of the ones in this system might prove interesting to investigate. Some of the wrecks were thousands of years old, or even older. There were also several ancient space stations, including one that the sensors on his ship had indicated was the size of a moon or more. He could also dip into the gas giant nearby to refuel his ship from the liquid metallic hydrogen nearer the core. “When do you require medical examinations for people who will be in the colony?” He asked stepping towards the doctor as they finished up with the other bird girl. “As long as nobody reminds me staying for a short time anyways.”

20. Scheherazade

"If the full name's too much of a mouthful, you can call me Sherry." She assured the newcomer. "And to answer both of you, since it mostly involves my healing magic, we can have the checkup immediately and be done in less than a minute, if you'd like. I'm not sure about the exact policies for temporary visitors, though I doubt anyone would mind. I think Ivy might know more, she's been here longer than I have. Hold out your left wing, please?" The last was directed at Imo, as the doctor raised one hand, ready to channel her power through with a touch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice