Re does the personal thing [venting]

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Re Allyssa, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

So I counted up the pictures I need to take, and I only need like 12 more to meet the minimum and that's not going to be hard at all because I've been taking like 3 of each, so really it's only like 4 more poses. I think I'm going to try to take some extras too, but I'm not going to stress about having enough anymore. It's still less than i would have liked, but oh well.
    I also got permission to use the lab on Sunday, so hopefully I can get most of the editing done then and Monday night and I'll be ready for Tuesday.

I have a thesis thing also due on Tuesday, but that should be pretty easy and mindless so I'm gonna do that now.

Then all that's left is programming for Thursday. I don't even think I have readings. For programming I really need to go to office hours, so I'll look at what they have available tomorrow.

All I really want to do is write, but I'm not feeling too terrible rn and I have a Plan so that helps a lot. Here's to hoping I'll be okay.

• Like x 2
  2. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

still need another person to photograph?

3. Re Allyssa

Yes, please! I can also ask Sonia though, if you don't want to. Whatever works.

4. Astrodynamicist

kk I am fine with this :) I'll be home prolly all day tomorrow, or at least all afternoon, and all day Sunday

5. Re Allyssa

So I was wrong. My camera puts out two files per image, one RAW and one JPEG. I had 40 files. That's 20 images. I need 40 IMAGES. I'm so fucked.
    (I still have five extra landscapes, but.)

I don't know what to do. I don't have a ton of ideas. And getting enough people to sit for that many pictures is ridiculous. And I just.
    I'm panicing without the panic. I don't feel partiuarly stress. Like I'm already resigned to not finishing.

I should ask for an extension. But this is the professor that told me not to make a habit of asking for extensions. Also, I have something else that's pretty big due on Thursday (photography is due Tuesday, so would get pushed to Thursday), and I don't think they give out extensions in that other class. But I should probably try? Fuck I don't know.
    I should probably email one of the liaison people....

6. Re Allyssa

okay friends are gonna help with the people bit. this will be okay. it's just hard and i feel bad

7. Re Allyssa

I edited 8/10 of the images that are gonna be part of the final project. I actually think they came out really well? Like technically, what with color and what not. Idk about composition and subject matter though :P
    I had to retake one, but it wasn't so hard*.
    I went and got a few more pictures that I'm hoping my professor will let me call still lifes ahaha.
    My friends are going to sit for pictures tonight to get the last however many I need.
    Then I can just pick the best one out of those, and the other one that I retook and I'll have ten.

And it's going to be really shitty and I'm really upset about that but I just need to PASS so it's okay that it's shitty (Ugh I do not want to sit through crit for it though). I'm just. I had a really good idea that I couldn't make actually happen and that makes me sad. I shouldn't have chosen such a personal topic because I want to do it justice and I can't.

But it's all going to work out and be fine. Brain, stop freaking out.

*I actually wanted to get a picture of a BSOD and set it as my desktop background, and hide all the icons so it looks like my comp blue screened. In the process of doing this, my comp for real blue screened. Uh, thanks computer? (you can stop randomly blue screening any time now that'd be great).

8. Re Allyssa

Oh also, health services didn't get back to me on Saturday like they were supposed to. I think I'll see if there's someone I can email about that. I'm fucking staying on top of this until I get an answer.

I'm also gonna email the liaison person whose card I was given and see if she can talk to the douche professor (who told me and I quote "don't make a habit of this" where this is asking for extensions that my disability accommodations entitle me to) for me so I know how to deal with him in the future.
    I'm also also gonna email the programming professor to see if i can talk to him about my accommodations and late days. I usually don't bother with programming classes, but this prof. has a good reputation so it might be worth it. And then if I know that two of my classes are lenient, then I can just make douche prof the top priority and make sure I get his shit in on time. (I keep calling him names, but he seems like a decent guy. But that comment fucked me up, so...)

9. Re Allyssa

To make myself feel better because I like lists. Things left to do for next week:
    • Take pictures of friends (due tonight)
    • Pick and edit last two pictures (due Monday, essentially) also order the 10.
    • Email health services (due asap)
    • Email liaison person (due asap?) [Nah, I talked to her in person]
    • Email programming person (due asap?)
    • Email survey person back (due after I ask my boss for time off work on monday)
    • Thesis thing (due tuesday)
    • added: office hours (monday) ?
    • go to programming office hours (tuesday)
    • office hours (wednesday)
    • office hours, turn hw in. (thursday)
    • SPRING BREAK

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  10. Re Allyssa

Omg programming prof is the sweetest! He just told me not worry about late days or anything. And I didn't even have to go into a ton of detail. He's just like "if it effects your whole life and not just this course we will work with you" I just have to let him know if I need more late days.
    I'm going to try not to of course, but this is a huge load off!!

And I finished editing pictures earlier than I thought I would, so I have this evening to work on programming...

I feel really good, like I accomplished a lot. I have some low key jitters, but for the most part I'm pretty great. I was able to give myself a bunch of breaks last week and that's not coming back to bite me.

• Like x 1
  11. Re Allyssa

I turned in my photography project and didn't get too badly critiqued, so good enough =)
    I talked to people about my thesis and now I'm on track to do a study about how people read emoticons. I'm super excited, but there's a lot of work I'm going to have to do with it.

I'm starting to freak out about programming because I'm no where near done, AND I still haven't started testing.
    I'm also keep getting stuck on one idea, or getting overwhelmed (I have like 20 files). And like when I ask the TAs a lot of it is "oh that's up to you!" but ugh I want some direction in what's better. Dx
    I'm not actively panicking though? Which is good. But I'm kind of almost numb to it? Which worries me. It's hard for me to keep working without that urgency...

• Like x 1
  12. Re Allyssa

Still freaking out about programming.

health services got back to me. said upping my dosage was a good first step, but i still need to contact/see my psychiatrist. that's impossible though because I am here and they are down in florida. And I just called AGAIN to try and get a response back and they told me i would need to come in and I'm like I CAN'T and they said they would leave a note. Again.
    then I started crying and i'm still leaky and I'm just so frustrated why can't people just help me?
    why isn't there a button that will just make it all better?
    I'm tired and I don't want to work and I'm not going to finish anyway so what's the point?? except that it's a 3 part project and this is part 2 and if i can't finish this then i can't finish the other part so I need to work I just a;lsjfasdlkjfal.

okay. gotta reply to health services and i guess i'll take her up on her offer to see if she can get me in with a new psychiatrist. if i can manage a metting in the next month, then i'll be better off than i am now.

13. Re Allyssa

This is my thread, brain. I can update it every 30 seconds if I want to. Shut up.

Anyway. I made a lot of progress on programming!!! Right now, assuming everything works (which I am because I have not started testing yet), I have a functional game of Scrabble! Well, the pieces for it anyway. I'm still confused on how you're supposed to play it. Questions for tomorrow's office hours!

Instead of diving into the special parts of the game, I think I'm gonna do a bunch of testing. Because that needs done and I don't really understand the special stuff just yet. Also I'm tired and don't wanna think too much.

Also health services responded to my reply and she said I can up my dose starting tonight and they're gonna try to get some strings pulled so I can see someone here in pittsburgh.

so yes. Things are moving forward.

• Like x 3
  14. Astrodynamicist

arethereanyobjectionstopassingthemotionbyacclamationseeingnonethemotionpasses *wavey hands* ~it's a good idea!~

again, i'm pretty sure you don't at this point. just do unit testing kinda crap, with playtesting waiting til you do the GUI. (but def see what the TAs say, i may well be forgetting something since it has been so long.)

re: the psychiatrist i'm really happy the school is helping! and seriously what the fuck is your doc's problem??

• Like x 1
  15. Re Allyssa

Ehehehee *cheers*

Yeah. Unit stuff is hard when everything is interconnected @.@ I'll figure it out. They were saying something about playing it from a console so I'm not sure....

I have no ideaaaaa. But yeah I'm gonna try to see a psych from the same people I see my therapist and if that doesn't work, then the health service people will do what they can. My opinion of health services has skyrocketed tbh

16. Re Allyssa

Yeah not done with testing yet AND I have a bug in my code and there are no more office hours because spring break xP Hopefully someone answers my question on piazza...

I'm surprisingly not freaking out. I guess that's because all I have left is testing? And I can hopefully finish that in a day tomorrow. also i don't have to worry about late days anymore. which is really really nice. i just gotta not take advantage of it.

17. Re Allyssa

So I have two psychiatrist appointments. One with the same people who I do therapy with, on April 25th, and one with the school on March 21st. After the one with the school, we'll see if i need to keep the other one or just make a new one with the school.
    Problem: they want my medical records. Which I need to contact my Florida psych to get. OTL They're understanding if I can't get them though.
    So yeah. Progress.

Also Programming is coming along! I just have a few more things to test, but I'm pretty sure most of the things work.

• Like x 1
  18. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Is it the Florida psych themself or the office you need to contact? I'm sure if you could get a hold of their reception they'd be able to fax things to your school health center, plus reception is way easier to get a hold of.

19. Re Allyssa

Yeah, I'm hoping reception is good enough. But they seem to have been bad about passing my information through to the doc? I dunno. I'll call on Monday and see what happens.

20. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

If both offices have a fax machine, see if you can get the health center to fax a request for your records. Stuff sent by other clinics is sometimes treated faster.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice