Re liveblogs life

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Re Allyssa, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Yooooooo

I'm so bad about updating my vent thread, I have no idea if I'll even use this that often.

Uh, no rules really bc I haven't had problems in my other threads? Please join me.

.... Shit, now I have to figure out which thread to post in when something Good happens with my mental health xP

2. Re Allyssa

So my computer is on its last leg. Not even its leg. More like a stump. It's not even crawling, it's just dragging itself along.

I've been putting off getting a new one for a while, and right now is not the best time to make a Big Purchase, bc I gotta make sure my finances can survive my short term disability leave.

I would've asked for one for Christmas (extended family goes crazy sometimes) but I have no idea what to tell them to get. They're the kinda people who are like "give me a bunch of links to exactly what you want and I'll choose from there"

I kinda want a gaming laptop, but like gaming laptop--? I don't need it to be crazy, just sliiiiiilightly better than the one I have now...

3. Re Allyssa

Okay, I should not follow ALL THE THREADS. That's a bad idea, Re. Don't do the thing.

Also, anxiety about whether people want me in their threads - GO AWAY

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  4. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

If it helps, you’re always welcome in my threads!

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. Re Allyssa

6. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

You're also welcome in my thread if ever you want to chat

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Come chat if you want, thats what its for! And for me to post halfbaked ideas but you know. Also you win at titles.

• Like x 1
  8. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

I can help you some with looking at comp parts, since I just did an assload of that for building my desktop.

I guess to start, what are the graphics card and the cpu on your laptop, and how much storage and ram does it have?

Your laptop is p old right? So probably most laptops will come out Good Enough if that’s all you’re looking for. I doubt you need a whole gaming rig one, but do make sure it has a dedicated graphics card.

9. Re Allyssa

Ashkkgda >///< guuuuyyyyys stop being nice!!! My brain doesn't know what to do with it.
    (Ty ;-;)

Hehe thanks! This was my personal-but-not-dark tag on Tumblr

Thaaaank!!

Hmm... I wanna say 3 ish years old? Certainly not the oldest computer I've ever had before replacing...

I think it has 8GB of RAM, which was A Lot when I got it, and I haven't really had any issues on that front, more with the internet being slow. That's literally the only spec I know to look at lol

Part of me wants a full laptop with touch screens, but they seem to have way lower ram than acceptable. I honestly don't need it, but it would be Neat.

I also want something lighter. The one I have now is significantly lighter than my old one, but my work comps are even lighter and they makes me sparkle eyed lol

I was thinking about poking looka surface Pro? But those are like mad expensive, and I probably should not get a years old computer (to go back a model or something)

Oh, Idk how much storage it has, but I store almost everything on the cloud when I can. It hasn't been a issue, though I remember being Impressed when I got it

10. Re Allyssa

So I didn't actually get anything else done after Friday, but eh. I'll take the Friday soon as better than previous weekends.

I was gonna do some things on the way home, but this happened (from my vent thread)
    So I think I'm just gonna go snuggle in bed as self care.

Reminder to self - I have pie and ice cream that "needs" to be eaten

11. Re Allyssa

So, here's a crazy random happenstance.

I put my car in the shop on Monday. They figure out everything wrong with it, give me an estimate, and keep it another day to do the stuff.

Yesterday (the day I'm supposed to pick it up) I get a call and they tell me my car was involved in an accident.

Apparently, they were doing a road test and the driver of my car T-boned a car who was doing an illegal turn in front of him.

I had misheard the story initially and thought my car was the one that got hit. I was excited and hoping that it was totaled bc I have gap insurance and really didn't want to keep pouring money into this car :(

Turns out it's just the front bumper. Tbh the car might not be worth the value to fix? But I'll let the insurance companies figure it out.

The car shop dude is being very good about it! Making sure I get taken care of and everything. They're even comping the work I had done for the inconvenience.

So like, overall I won in this situation, but W O W. So. That happened.

Oh additionally, I know a bit about insurance because my mom is licensed in Florida and I started to get my license*. This sounds like a fun and interesting puzzle for the claims department lol. Also, it's nice knowing what the insurance people are talking about when they use fancy terms.

12. Re Allyssa

Oh I never put in the astrisk thing. *for bullshit reasons, I had to quit before I finished licensing :(

Anyway

~~~~~
    I think a neighbor is crate training a puppy or something, because every night for the last week, all night, there have been puppy-like whimper-barks happening :(

In other news, this house is TERRIBLE at keeping any outside sounds out. Even with the windows closed, it's way too loud.

Also, when I'm in my bedroom, I hear people moving around upstairs and it sounds like they're right outside my door

let me tell you that is terrifying when you know your roommate is on vacation and there shouldn't be anyone else in the house.

• Witnessed x 2
  13. Re Allyssa

Blank+_fbe8142376f0780b35e8b7fff6520cf1-1.jpg
    I've been sending this to everyone today.

I'm celebrating with Love's family this year. I didn't sleep too well last night so I've been tired all day. I also took a nap to escape a migraine at one point so now I'm the weird post-nap tired.

But! His family is really great. They got me a bunch of presents even though they only kinda know me at this point and Love is really bad at at helping either of us (his family and me) with getting presents for the other.

I grabbed a bunch of the generic Grommet stuff I'd been stocking up and they really seemed to like them! ^^ done of them went over even better than I expected, so that made me happy :3

But yeah, I'm really excited that they are accepting me bc uh... I showed up trying to steal him away out of nowhere, so like. I'm glad there are no hard feelings xD

Also, I think I'm stealing his Tamagotchi, bc he doesn't want it :p

14. Re Allyssa

I did in fact steal his Tamagotchi!

Omg Disneyland was so much fun, but I was in so much fucking pain the whole time. That was unreal. Time for like, medical marijuana, or getting a wheelchair for the day or Something bc I am not doing that again.

Poor Boy had to take care of me through an overload meltdown where I went partially non-verbal. He did a pretty great job, but he said he was about at his limit when I started to come down. I feel a bit bad making him work. He's good at taking care of me, but I think it puts a lot of strain on him.

We talked a bit about the move and that wasn't the best, butfar from the worst so I'll take it.

All in all a great visit.

Now I'm at my parent's until after the new year

15. Re Allyssa

I woke up around 1pm on Friday and slept around... Oh, 1pm today :|

Now it's 5 pm and it's time for the friends-family new years party!

Thankfully they dgaf if you pass out on the couch or use the guest room bed to crash

16. Re Allyssa

17. Re Allyssa

Rewatching Sense8 with my mom.

I love every single one of the cluster and their people SO MUCH

18. Re Allyssa

I told you I'd be bad at updating this

Catch up!!

Work
    going back to work wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. they're finally giving me more time to do the thing i was promoted to do and so i don't have nearly as many tickets or as much stress =D

I'm trying to go in an hour earlier from now on so i can take an hour lunch without it eating into my 40 for the week. i am v tired

I get annoyed by the new-ish people too often for doing things slightly-not-the-way-i'd do them. i also keep going "at my old school--" wrt the team from last year (mostly gone)

Car
    It's been an adventure. I'm still in a rental. They seem to be fixing my car? :( I'm sad because it certainly isn't worth the amount they're paying to fix it, but they don't believe me lol

Also, I was wrong, the shop is trying to weasel their way out of this. So it is going through my insurance now, but they're gonna go after the shop later. Ha!

Tamagatchi
    It died as soon as I left bf's and flew to Florida because I turned off the beeps and also left it in my backpack. Whoops.

Pokemon Eevee
    Haven't really played since getting back from vacation.

Adulting
    I am making progress on getting more Adulting done! I still go days without doing what I need to do, but it's better than weeks! And do get some stuff done in the in betweens, just not the one that's been sitting the longest xP

• Like x 1
  19. Re Allyssa

fuck now i can't remember what I came here to talk about

• Witnessed x 3
  20. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice