Reach Heaven Through Violence (Kill Six Billion Demons)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Exohedron, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

2. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

so since I gave myself an angel title i figured I would try reading this

• Like x 5
  3. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

4. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Only good things can come from this.

I enjoyed this comment I saw on Tungl about it:

Today on Kill Six Billion Demons: The Gang Makes a Deal with Satanic David Bowie

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    • Like x 3
  5. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

I LOVE K6BD

Man I get so bored with people being relentlessly given Final Temptations in fiction and always managing a saintly refusal to show they're flawed but not TOO flawed. You know, not bad enough to MAKE MISTAKES that the author will have to SPEND TIME FIXING. Allison is a walking flaw complex and she'll get right fucked up and the narrative will suffer for it. Damn this is great. I'm always cheering for people to give in and do the risky thing they want to do or make the stupid choice and my girl here always delivers <3

...also, she comes with SO MANY GOOD SHIPS. Original flavor Cio ship might be my favorite but I REALLY like Nyave and I REALLY like Incubus and THIS IS GREAT

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    • Like x 5
  6. Starcrossedsky

okay so I binged the main comic in... I don't remember who I saw during backreading was upset at someone finishing it in five hours but I am sorry because it took me about two and a half. Mind that's not any of the text updates or supplementaries but.

• Like x 2
  7. Morven

@littlewhitemouse plus: Allison kinda has to take risks. Right now she's just powerful enough to be a threat but not enough to win. If Incubus doeble-crosses her, she'll still be in a better place then compared to now.

• Like x 2
  8. Starcrossedsky

If nothing else she'll have more information. Though telling people about the FIRST dream might have been a good plan

• Like x 1
  9. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Now that we know Incubus' modus operandi, it seems that his aspect, which would roughly correspond to Lust, is that of using people as tools, tempting them to Faustian bargains, while Mottom, corresponding to Gluttony, is that of using up, taking people, land, resources in a way that destroys them. Maybe not quite the first understanding that one has regarding the seven sins. Abbadon did say that the demiurges didn't match exactly to the seven sins, but it could be interesting to try and guess how the remaining demiurges may interpret the other sins. Is Mammon Greed in the sense of mere hoarding, or is there something a bit more metaphorical going on? Is Solomon David Pride, Arrogance, or Vanity, or something that doesn't quite match any of those? Is Jadis' precognition part of being Sloth or is it something else?

• Like x 6
  10. Starcrossedsky

I read it quite easily as non-sexual lust, myself. Making people act on their deepest desires, giving them that little <i>push</i>... When you turn it to sexual, that's exactly what lust demons traditionally do.

• Like x 1
  11. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I was reading it as Incubus's Lust, not Allison's. Mottom didn't inspire Gluttony in others, nor did she use their gluttony against them. She simply devoured them herself.
    Sure, I guess now that I think about it Lust as a personified Sin usually means someone who inspires or uses the Lust of others, whereas the other personified Sins are themselves subject to that sin. I would love to see a Wrath who isn't himself angry, but is instead just supremely irritating to everyone else.

• Like x 2
  12. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

Excalibur from Soul Eater is canonically the Great Old One of Wrath.

• Like x 4
  13. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

I just got caught up like ten minutes ago and I have A Lot To Think About. A non-trivial amount of these thoughts are about shipping 82 (83?) White Chain.

Some of the other thoughts are about this comic's various influences. I'm obsessed with JJBA right now, and I assumed that was why White Chain reminded me of Star Platinum, but now I'm thinking maybe not... There's a lot of Dark Souls flavor in the gods and monsters. And I spotted a background character who shares a design element with somebody from HunterxHunter. (I think there's a real overlap between JJBA people and HxH people.)

• Like x 2
  14. paintcat

ALSO THE MUSIC! As far as I can tell, Abaddon's taste in music is perfect and I want to be their friend

whispers intensely GOJIRA...

15. Morven

Where did you find out about their taste in music?

16. paintcat

There are sometimes lyrics in the comments under the comic page. Meshuggah mostly, some Gojira.
    They mentioned some other bands on Tumblr, like Strapping Young Lad and Mastodon.

17. Morven

18. Petra

Petra space case

I believe a decent chunk of the shipping-inclined fandom ship OT3 Cio/Allison/White Chain.

Also, White Chain is still 82 White Chain. Her body in the void wasn't killed, her armor was just very badly damaged and then repaired. According to Operant/Abaddon, severe enough damage to an angel's armor can kill their true void body on the spot, through a process similar to shock, but that's the exception and not the rule. Also, the process of regenerating in the void takes an extremely variable amount of time, and at the quickest can take just a few minutes. Mindset is part of what determines the time length, although not all of it, so it's a fair guess that the angels killed in the initial massacre that 1 Michael is so upset about, who haven't yet regenerated, don't want to come out or are unable to come out. It's interesting to think about why!

19. Petra

Petra space case

I... get the idea that White Chain is considered reckless by angel standards not only because she's managed to get herself mega-killed 81 times, but because to be in her 82nd incarnation she probably 'pupates' fairly quickly on average? But we don't have enough information. For all we know she bounces between coming back in lengths of time measurable within a human lifespan and long, long stretches of time.

...I'm hopeful we'll get to see Delicious again, in a new form. It'd be an interesting flip, from Delicious being more comfortable with being herself and goading on White Chain to White Chain suddenly being the person further along in her introspection.

• Like x 2
  20. Starcrossedsky

Okay I think I've let the comic itself bubble in my brain enough, time to hit that sweet supplementary material.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice