Reach Heaven Through Violence (Kill Six Billion Demons)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Exohedron, Jun 20, 2016.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

allison will kiss everyone. the bisexual haircut is like a magnet. this is definitely how it works.

• Like x 5
  2. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Heads up, OC-makers! Ys-Voya is asking for some "reminders" about the demons that accompany our lovely ladies on their heist. Submissions open until the 4th of April, either by email at ksbdabbadon@gmail.com or in the comments on the current page.

• Like x 3
  3. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

I'M MAKING A MILLION

(ok, i only have one atm, and i think the concept is amusing enough)

4. Exohedron

MONEY AND POWER THROUGH HOMICIDE

• Like x 1
  5. Exohedron

Also, I know they're charms or something, but I keep seeing the things on Cio's hat as price tags.

• Like x 2
  6. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

...i thought they WERE price tags, i.e. she just...stole it...........:"D

• Like x 2
  7. Exohedron

The hat is coordinated with her cloak/cape thing, so I don't think it's been lifted recently. Also Nyave seems to be paying for things.
    Also I would hope that a thief as experienced as Yabalchoath would know to get rid of the price tags of lifted merch as soon as possible.

• Like x 1
  8. Exohedron

The comments section on the comic itself is generally pretty quality world-building, so even though I really want to, I'm not going to post a comment regarding the texty stuff below the comic: "Keeping up with the Kassardians"

• Like x 2
  9. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

I'm a fan of mister "No Reasonable Offers Refused."

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  10. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I'm fond of "INGSVLD, Geas Knight" and his fanclub who like playing "spot the book-face"

• Like x 1
  11. winterykite

Shame on me, I forgot to hand in my character.
    Would've been a Blue Imp just stealing the traps.

12. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

The more we find out about Cio the more I like her. It's intriguing that such a being has changed so much and yet remembers what she was before. Allison's having a hard time shifting mental gears on this, I think.

Cio chooses to be not what she would naturally be. And I want to know more of why.

• Agree x 4
  13. Exohedron

I like the devils we got. Also the song is really catchy despite not having a canonical tune.
    Also, please do not give money to the dead.

• Agree x 1
  14. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

It really is a catchy song, I kind of want to try to work up a tune for it.

My favorite is the old devil with the flat cap.

Edit: also I'm not sure why it pleases me so much that the messenger devil has "BAD MAN" written across the back of his coat, but it really does.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  15. littlepinkbeast

i just realised that if you leave off the "my lad" bits in the first lines, it fits "My Name is John Wellington Wells"
    welp
    gonna have to scrub that out of my head before i can come up with a tune for it

• Winner x 1
  16. littlepinkbeast

...i don't have to come up with my own tune for it at all, it fits almost perfectly to "King Henry". *fires up Reaper*
    edit: which means it'll also fit a whole bunch of things. *tries John Barleycorn as well*

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  17. littlepinkbeast

18. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

I just caught up. Goddamn what a beautiful comic. And I'm starting to ship Allison/Cio as well

19. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

I could honestly write an academic paper about how the sword acts as a symbol for both violence and semiosis, as meaning comes from division/separation from the All. Royalty is a continuous cutting motion.

• Like x 5
  20. winterykite

On the staff and the sword, the peasant and the royal.
    It is known that to kil with the sword makes you an exceptionally bad swordsman, and to cast it away mankes you a good one, for the sword is a mere symbol and if you need it to cut your enemies, you are not royalty. So why not cut with a staff? One might believe the staff, as a peasant's weapon, is unfit for royalty and those aspiring to it. Royalty does not need a sword, for true royalty cuts with will. In this I suggest that the sword is a weapon for the merest beginner who does not yet know how to cut, and needs the sword to show them. A peson who can cut with a staff, in comparison, shows the makings of royalty that spring fom the merest peasantry, and is thus by far superior to the swordsperson, for they came to their skill by effort and were not born into it. They cut themself into royalty from peasantry, and are fearsome folk.
    On a note of practicality, swords are terrible and useless save for their single purpose, to cut. Which we, as discussed in the previous paragraph, know is something that just about anything can do. A staff now is very practical. It can be used to carry, to reach, to lever, to support, to serve as a handle for all kinds of useful tools. It is far more sensible to carry a staff than to carry a sword. It is the mark of effort, although one might argue that to require a staff is to not be able to cut oneself from unnecessary things, and to be unable to cut the ground upon which one walks and cut spacetime around oneself to get where one wants. In this regard, royalty is very much a shortcut, and we all know that shortcuts are the mark of those who think themself above the effort necessary to be aspirant to royalty. (Royalty just is.)
    Who would recognize a royal who carried a staff? None, I would suppose, and therein lies the beauty of the one truth of the universe: Deception. To deceive royalty is the second-highest of arts, the highest of arts being deception of self. To be royal and to deceive oneself to be a peasant being what one should aspire to, for royalty really has no purpose at all.

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice