Reach Heaven Through Violence (Kill Six Billion Demons)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Exohedron, Jun 20, 2016.

1. devils-avocado

devils-avocado tired and gay

ahh yeah good point. and any battle damage or accidental injury is going to drain her now-finite supply of immortality regen fruits. who knows how many she has in storage at this point - she sure as hell didn't get a chance to deliberately stockpile before completely losing the source.

2. Petra

Petra space case

Kill Six Billion Demons in a nutshell. Ron Swanson is Royalty.

• Like x 5
  3. tollbooth

tollbooth kick and thrash but dont stay down

i finally got a print copy! now hopefully i can actually read it without getting distracted by how cool the art is and hurting my eyes from looking at the screen too long.

• Like x 2
  4. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I just love the final panel of the current strip ("Ok.") -- the power in that look.

• Like x 1
  5. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I like the detail of how the fire in Nadia's key goes out and her crown vanishes, and her hand shakes, in the top row. A king is a king because of her will above all else, and so...

• Like x 1
  6. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

I was trying to explain the angels to my partner bc they love angel mythos and I was looking at White Chain's wiki and discovered that Word of God (hah) says they are specifically agender. (i assumed they were transfem from just reading the comic)

(2:00:52 PM) Enzel: well also this is actually nice now that im thinking of it
    (2:01:08 PM) Enzel: because they are specifically scolded for "being too human" by developing "a gender"
    (2:01:13 PM) Enzel: that gender being "agender"
    (2:01:19 PM) Enzel: establishing agender as a human gender [experience]
    (2:01:22 PM) Enzel: if that makes sense
    (2:01:34 PM) Enzel: gender no longer looks like a word
    (2:01:57 PM) Enzel: like the issue people have w nonhuman characters being agender representation is the implication that being agender is "non-human"
    (2:02:13 PM) Enzel: i personally like non-human agender characters but i see why that assumption gets made

• Like x 5
  7. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Oh boy! Smaug time!

8. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

aaaa? AAAAAAAAA??

THAT SHORT HAIRCUT THO??????

• Like x 3
  9. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

eeeeeee
    i love how smug Cio looks
    and how Allison is finally getting to the point where she can look chill

and Princess Mamoru looking all sulky

• Like x 2
  10. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

I just keep looking at Cio. And her beauiful outfit. Her beautiful horns. Her glasses. Her. Oh my god. Cio Cioelle. MMMMMMM

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

(How do ya'll choose to pronounce her name? I've taken some inspiration from Irish names and have decided to call her Sho Shell, two syllables total, even though there is 100% no way that's canon. I like it.)

• Like x 1
  11. KarrinBlue

Cee-oh. Since her full name is supposed to be a joke about Coca Cola - CEE-OH-CEE-AY CEE-OH-ELL-AY - Ciocie Cioelle.

• Like x 5
  12. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

...this is one instance where, though it is very rude to say this about someone else's canon, I am going to take the liberty to say that "mine's better."

• Like x 1
  13. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

For me it just goes full Italian with "chee-oh"

14. littlepinkbeast

I think the implication is supposed to be that she was named by someone who was really short on time and inspiration, kind of like Allison with Princess Mamoru.

15. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I can't remember if her name is supposed to be a coca-cola reference in-world or just a private joke of the author's? And yes, I was just gonna say it sounds like someone from Earth was trying hard to think of enough things to name a devil to shrink it down, and remember Cio used to be a black devil.

16. KarrinBlue

Well, yeah, it's an author joke. I just meant to explain why I read it that way, not to suggest that was the one canon right way of reading it.

17. littlepinkbeast

Kingship's just another word for no fucks left to give

and Allison is so completely out of fucks that she's causing fuck shortages in neighboring countries.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    • Like x 6
  18. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

She didn't even open the scissors. She's cutting her hair with the outer edge of the scissors. Soon she won't even need a blade at all.

19. littlepinkbeast

I think that's just the scissors being closed after having chopped through all that hair at once. Up near the tip of them it looks like there's hairs between the blades.

20. KarrinBlue

I thought that the key power was making the scissors into a magic sword that cuts just being near what the king wills to be cut. Since those hairs that were near the blade were being cut as well. And since that would be more hardcore than normal scissor use, as per the alt text.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice