Reach Heaven Through Violence (Kill Six Billion Demons)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Exohedron, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

2. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Allison is getting quite domineering, isn't she? But then, she was shown the choice. Peasant or King. And Mottom showed her quite well what happens to peasants. King is the only acceptable route.

I also think she's wanting to make sure Cio is fully aware that this will be HARD WORK and dangerous, and that the King MUST be the boss, or the magic doesn't work.

• Like x 4
  3. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

CIO STANDING ON TIPPY TOES!!!

• Like x 6
  4. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I like how white fire is glowing between Allison's bandages, and made her eyes turn white.

• Like x 1
  5. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Hello, K6BD thread - I have been meaning to read this for about a year and just spent the last 5 hours archive binging the whole thing. I love all the mythology in the author notes and especially Het. I also knew from the instant that White Chain was introduced that I was going to love White Chain and I was right.

Looking forward to future updates!

• Like x 2
  6. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

Welcome to the KSBD thread.

You read the whole thing in five hours? Damn. It took me a month and that's because I had to process so much of it. Actual read time was probably more like 12 hours, though I dd go intense reading all of the liturgy and I may be counting freak out spaz time about how much I like what I just read.

Updates happen absurdly often for the quality of the overall thing. about twice a week usually. Though there hasn't been proper liturgy in a while...

7. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

I sped through the comic itself in an afternoon, but took another 2 or three days to properly read the prose texts.

8. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

And new page; I thought Allison's behavior before was covering for fear and worry, and it looks like this confirms it.

Cio, you have to play the role you wrote for yourself now. Allison needs her.

• Like x 4
  9. leitstern

Do you ever notice something you shouldn't because you're a nerd about a particular thing and you just can't stop thinking about it now?... Because in the most recent K6BD page, which I just looked at again because Morven was discussing it, we seem to have a shot of the city of Throne floating in the void and its... sun.

Excuse me? Its sun? What? Is throne rotating around a star? It can't be, it's not spherical; planets are the way they are because that's what naturally happens to large terrestrial or gaseous masses when they're rotating around a star. Very few exceptions. In example, things too small for the fierce gravitational pulls that make a planet will be of irregular, somewhat spherical shape. Throne is huge. With the way gravity works, there's no way for it to be flat. Isn't Throne the center of the wheel of the universe? If we're using a flat universe model... ow... now my brain hurts. How flat are we talking? Can anything rotate above or below anything on this flat universal disc? Is this meant to be something like a disc/spiral galaxy, but way the hell bigger? Is the 'sun' above Throne rotating around Throne somehow, since Throne is The Center? How? Is it going in circles around it? How is it moving, what is it, and how is it gravitationally bound to do that? Because a proper star only rotates around something else if it's a bigger, more massive, more intense star, and no, Throne is not that, and no, it shouldn't be possible to have a terrestrial (rocky, earth-like) mass larger than a star. A... normal star. Yes, dead, collapsed stars like brown dwarves and pulsars can be very small, and the occasional terrestrial planet is huge, but a functional, shining star that is not so unstable that you can't rotate around it will not... it's just... it's too... it's so small and so close and... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TERRESTRIAL MASS HEAVY AND LARGE ENOUGH TO HAVE A GLOWING STAR ROTATING AROUND IT IN ANY WAY.

Are we... not floating... in the void of space? What void is this? Exactly? WHERE ARE WE AND WHAT IS THE BRIGHT THING IN THE SKY? BECAUSE IT'S NOT A STAR AS I KNOW THEM. WHAT'S IT MADE OUT OF. IS THIS A SPIRITUAL STAR SOMEHOW.

FALSE EDIT: I just found the map of Throne from early on in the comic and it says "Throne's single sun was forged by the craft-God Koss." I'm infuriated. Alright but what the fuck is it and how it do that. Theoretically the center of the universe, if it contained an object, would contain the most massive, dense, star-like, gigantic... it would be a black hole, not something livable, it... ow.

• Like x 3
  10. winterykite

Well, the light has to come from somewhere...
    Maybe it's one of those geocentric worlds, with a flat sun disk. Or maybe it's just a lantern ::D

11. leitstern

I'm now more angry about the concept that there's something weak manflesh can stand on without being compressed to a pinprick smaller than the eye can see in the center of the universe, because there isn't even a place that forgiving in the center of a dinky little planet, let alone the sort of combined gravitational mass that would shame the supermassive black holes (which can be larger than our solar system, yes, the whole fucking system, larger than the orbits of the planets around the sun, yes, for real) that keep galaxies together.

This isn't outer space, is it. This is the... space... in which we keep outer space, and it's somehow way weirder than that.

Sure. Lantern. It's a floating lantern in the """"sky.""""

12. winterykite

Well, a god did it. That's marginally better than "a wizard did it", right?

(I'm halfways joking, but halfways hey a world that looks the way ancient civilizations viewed the world! On the other hand I feel you, I internally scream every time I think of how the world of DSA is set up)

13. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

its a setting with magic keys, actual angels and devils, and for-reals magic
    i don't think the sun-like thing has to make scientific sense
    the story kind of murdered physics and pissed on its corpse less than 10 pages in

• Like x 3
  14. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Pree Aesma almost picked up and threw the entire universe at her husband. What is physics.

• Like x 4
  15. leitstern

News to absolutely no one: I am attracted to Ciocie Cioelle

Xenobiology yes

• Like x 6
  16. Azzy

Azzy 200% GUNK

Wow, abbadon was really not joking when they said this arc was the "shipping arc"

• Like x 6
  17. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

I AM ABOUT THIS

• Like x 5
  18. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Oh my...

• Like x 1
  19. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

[​IMG]

• Like x 5
  20. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

Yeah, I ship it even harder now.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice