Reasons My Kintsugijin is Crying, or; The Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Choco, Jun 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Cellos sound magical

• Like x 2
  2. goldenflowertea

goldenflowertea this universe SUCKS but it is full of FRIENDS

'The Call', by Regina Spektor. And 'The Mute', by Radical Face. T_T

• Like x 4
  3. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Long story short, I have poor computer maintenance skills.
    Short story long, I had the sleepy epiphany last night that when you delete something it stays in your trash bin until you empty the trash bin, and because it was very late and I was tired I would look in my computer's trash tomorrow, if I found the time. I did. I scrolled back through years of shit. I got to 2015, and guess what I found? MY ENTIRE DROP BOX FROM THAT YEAR WAS SITTING IN THE TRASH THE WHOLE TIME! I HAVE MY PICTURES BACK!

• Like x 13
  4. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Tech Friend managed to salvage my NaNo stuff and all my writings from the dead drive QuQ and it looks like we might be able to finagle it back to life instead of having to buy a new ssd! Praise be!

• Like x 7
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i cry a single manly tear every time i come across this vid. its cows being released from indoors after 6 months inside because of winter

• Like x 3
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

God i love this movie... The feelings this scene encompasses, the passion in the cooking, the way everyone comes together to share a meal, the love... I cant get over it, its so nice YuY

• Like x 3
  7. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

i just rewatched that on sunday
    it was so great :)

• Like x 1
  8. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

I recommended the Newsflesh trilogy to my bf and he just messaged me to express his distress over something that happens in the first book. So I blitzed through all 3 to remind myself of all the other horrible shit that happens. I have broken my heart in to many tiny pieces as a result and had to go have a little cry in the loo at work.

• Like x 2
  9. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

• Like x 2
  10. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

You don't realize how impactful an experience is until, 3 months later, at 5AM, someone says a thing that reminds you of the experience and it makes you cry tears of joy.

11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Like x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

fucking handmaids tale. shit's brutal.

• Agree x 1
  13. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Fucking word. I went to get a glass of water and my mom asked me why I was shaking. This show man.

14. How about we all just. Don't watch it?

(I don't understand why super depressing, horrible stuff is "entertainment." I don't understand horror movies either. I don't get any of this. I just want nice, uplifting media)

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

horror movies I kind of get. sometimes I enjoy being scared or in suspense.
    but super depressing horrible stuff I don't understand. I don't want to watch someone be abused on TV, it's horrible and I can't stand watching the pain and helplessness and horribleness of the situation when I can't even do anything about it. I don't care if other people want to watch it; I just won't see it myself.
    similarly, I don't understand why people like reality TV shows, or show that play out that trope of "person doesn't tell/does tell a thing, makes pre-existing situation worse, wash rinse repeat" over and over. other people can enjoy it, I don't care, but I don't like it.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i think it has a lot to do with strong emotions? there's just something that makes you feel more human for some people about feeling very sad, or afraid, or angry, and then since its fictional you process it and you move on. there's no consequences or trauma (aside from the traumatic themes themselves) and you come out of it drained but knowing yourself a little better. or something??? idk i could just be talking out my ass lol

handmaids in specific though... like a lot of interviews are saying, its a good way to remind our generation that just because we have all the rights we do now doesn't mean they still cant be taken away, or that things were always like this. every bad thing that happens in the show is based on a real historical thing that shows how people treated each other in different parts of history. plus, the characters are all portrayed as humans instead of black and white heroes and villains. verily put it very well in the rabb.it chat, its no one's fault and simultaneously everyone's fault things are the way they are in the show

• Agree x 7
  17. chaoticArbiter

that makes sense, I guess. but personally, I don't like seeing people being hurt by someone else when I can't do anything about the person hurting them. I know it's fictional, and it's a less strong feeling than I get in real life when I see someone being hurt by someone else, but in real life I can at least deal with the feeling by stepping in. I can't do that in a TV show. I don't mind fear or sadness or anger, mostly, I just hate situations where someone's being hurt and I can't do anything about it. which is....also why I've tried to sort of remove myself from the social justice side of Tumblr lately. seeing all that stuff just constantly feeds into my stress and frustration. and so watching it on TV isn't really cathartic for me or anything, unless someone else steps in or it's resolved quickly or I know it will be resolved at some point.
    like, Steven Universe--people are hurt on that show at times, but the thing about that is that I know it will be resolved at some point, usually within five to ten episodes. but a show like this one seems like it would take a while to resolve anything.
    and I mean....I like shows about people being hurt and then fighting back, starting a revolution. but a show that just consistently shows hurt and the consequences of it, I can't do that. there's enough of that in the real world for me, thanks.

• Like x 3
  18. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

For me it's a matter of making the hurt mine. I choose to see it now. I choose to hurt. It's not yours, it's mine. Alternatively it gets things out that I need to get out. Or maybe it hit my masochism just right. Or maybe it reminds me that I am alive.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 2
  19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i will also say if you aren't interested in it for the feels train the cinematography is amazing, possibly the best ive ever seen. its an absolutely beautiful show about some very ugly things

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  20. chaoticArbiter

.....how is their use of colors

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice