Reasons My Kintsugijin is Crying, or; The Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Choco, Jun 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Pictures and videos of cute animals are making me cry out of frustration that I can't afford a pet :(

• Witnessed x 4
  2. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Watching a playthrough of the game Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass

a character sacrifices himself fighting an antagonist so the others can escape. His friends hold a memorial where they talk about him.

The protagonist Jimmy has the power of empathy that lets him imagine himself as another character and gain their abilities, usually after defeating them. The game shows him getting each new transformation via narration where he imagines himself as the new character. Jimmy is 8 years old and dreaming, so what he imagines gets a little silly and simplistic but also very real sometimes.

Anyway for this particular character you get an imagination spot after the memorial where Jimmy envisions what it must be like to be his cool friend, and it finishes with something like "Friends live forever in your heart" which kills me instantly

u get to carry your friends memory and it lets you be a cool guy

• Winner x 1
  3. Everett

Im back
    This time with a combo of 3 songs by the Mountain Goats

Even tho i looked it up and your belgian things isnt about what i thought it was, it still makes me think about how we're still cleaning all the stuff out of my aunt's condo

"The arteries are clogging in the mainframe
    There's too much information in the pipes
    I saw the mess you left up in the east bedroom
    A tiger's never gonna change its stripes

I guess, I guess
    But Jesus, what a mess
    One way in
    No way out

The men came here to get your Belgian things
    While I was only here to see them do it
    I wish you had a number where you are
    It's hard with no one here to help me through it

I can see you in my sleep
    Playing the points for all your worth
    Walking gingerly across
    The bruised earth"

and i listened to a recording of Birth of Serpents from like 2011 that was uploaded recently, and he explains he wrote it after finding out someone he knew died

he said he was bqck in town, mentioned this person who used to live there, and the hairdresser goes "oh yeah he still works at the place a few blocks away"

And it turns out that was old info bc his friend he wanted to catch up with had died like a year prior

He finished the story by saying something like, his friend made it thru the aids crisis and then just got hit by a car

Many things are not fair and thats definitely one of them

And then the last one is just that i thought about Animal Mask because i guess stories abt meeting your newborn child just make me cry lmao??

Anyway

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Like x 2
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I still can't get this choreography right and I have less than a week to go and my tummy hurts with anxiety :(

• Witnessed x 4
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Update: it went well! Now I'm stuck with mood drop from the tension release.

6. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

• Agree x 2
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Dogs being reunited with their families after natural disasters. And I'm talking ugly crying, like. God, these people lost everything but their animals made it and at the time of reunion its all that matters

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  8. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

i may be crying in bed, just a little
    he was such a good guy

• Witnessed x 1
  9. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

The death of Opportunity, the little Mars rover that could. ;-;

• Agree x 9
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

There's yet another pokemon game coming out, on a system i dont have, and probably wont have for ages. Im legitimately frustraded crying. I had to wait so fucking long to be able to afford to get a 3ds. That was literally 3 months ago. I havent even been able to afford omega ruby and alpha sapphire, or x and y. I wont be able to afford sun and moon's sequel anytime soon either.

And now switch is out with the next generation. Just, fucking God Damnit. Everyone who plays it when it comes out, please have fun on my behalf. It'll honestly help a lot.

• Witnessed x 6
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I've been crying my goddam eyes out all day from watching the kindness diaries on Netflix, it's so good. It reminds me that there's still good in this world.

But yeah, it's about this dude traveling the world looking for people who care, people who still believe in kindness. He essentially has to beg for food, gas, and a place to stay a night. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it's wonderful.

• Winner x 2
  12. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I forgot 'Happier' had a music video when I went to look up the lyrics to share with a friend, and that fucking thing got me again.

13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm happily cowriting a fic involving all manner of horrifying violence and emotional torment and now I'm sad because my cowriter had a dog die in it D: It made sense in the story context, but NOOOO PUPPY

• Witnessed x 4
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

What's especially ironic about that is I killed off a human child in an earlier chapter...

• Witnessed x 1
  15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Its been months since ive last drawn, and i finally got the energy yesterday!

However, because i am a bad cat mom who doesnt scoop the box every day (because what kind of maniac has the energy for that?), my laptop is covered in cat piss. It is broken. I cannot draw. I cannot go and get a new laptop, because im poor as shit. Fml

• Witnessed x 5
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Post-exercise mood drop, plus cardio day and walking home wrecks my feet.

• Witnessed x 2
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Long-haired rats are so cute it hurts but I've sworn off owning short-lived pets ever again.

• Witnessed x 5
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I don't know if it's a happy cry or a sad one, but damn this video got me good

A new program released called sesame street in communities and their first discussion is foster families, introduced by a new muppet Karli, a foster kid staying with her "for now" parents. She is not forced to say why, and they are respectful and informative in a way that children will understand

While their mobile website is a goddam nightmare to look through, they offer help and support for parents and caregivers with tough subjects like homelessness and traumatic events, and practical things like routines and how to handle tantrums as well

Edit: site

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    • Winner x 6
  19. Everett

got told i messed up a thing I wrote and now I have to fix it

Bonus for not only my boss' boss sending him a critique of it, but during the meeting with my boss he said "oh now (head of our whole department in the company) is weighing in" like Wow Great Everyone Knows I Suck

Time 2 screm

• Witnessed x 6
  20. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I am having a crap day and I am not even really sure why

• Witnessed x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice