Reasons My Kintsugijin is Crying, or; The Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Choco, Jun 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Current events in general, but also specifically looking at the lists of people murdered. It's not like I didn't know how many there are. It's just different to look at all the names laid out together in different lists. The fact that the lists have to keep being updated. The limited number of things I can do from where I am. I'm doing what I can. I just wish it was more.

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 2
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I think my phone is finally giving up the ghost and I don't want a new one, nevermind the fact I can't afford one! It randomly freezes which I've been dealing with for months but now all of a sudden it straight up won't produce sound unless you use headphones and I'm gonna miss so many important calls and messages and I just fucking don't know how to fix it

Edit: nvm I found an app to fix it. I am still blubbering a bit, not a fun scare

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Witnessed x 5
  3. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Mister Rogers. Just everything about him. I can’t help but tear up every time I read literally any story about the guy.

• Agree x 3
  4. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Watched yet another video essay about Satoshi Kon. The way that legacy got cut short so fast still makes my chest clench.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    • Witnessed x 4
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I stayed up all night sobbing uncontrollably because the mouse that got into my flat needs to go outside and can't stay and be my friend.

• Witnessed x 4
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I am sick and I don't feel good and I hate this. Everything is bad and I hurt and cough so hard I hurt some more. Also I think I might have a fever and it's making my brain feel squish

• Witnessed x 6
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

*cries in childhood nostalgia*

IMG_20201023_124439_01~2.jpg

• Agree x 3
  8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Because porcupines look like big snuggly puffballs but you can't actually hug them.

• Agree x 4
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I was about to turn in for the night when my dnd discord chimed and it was photos of our haunt crew all posing together for the last night. I am super close to almost everyone i work with there and i couldn't be there because covid. Im not even that sick anymore, i was just trying to be responsible and wait for my cough to pass and all it got me was bitterness and tears. Fuck this stupid virus.

• Witnessed x 5
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Really bad dreams :(

• Witnessed x 3
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

My sister is so fucking talented at music, she wrote a fucking rap and its so goddam good, and honest, and Heavy. My brother too, he fucking comprised and edited a whole ass song for her to rap to and it sounds magnificent. I love them so much its just like. T a l e n t e d

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I didn't like Hiveswap Act 2, I had to repost a thirty-chapter fic a cowriter accidentally deleted, I'm being taxed on an income I haven't had in five years, an article file I was supposed to send to my mum for her blog is broken and won't open whatever I do, raw chicken juice leaked all over the inside of my fridge, the front's broken off my T-shirt drawer, one of my email addresses stopped working, I walked a mile to the supermarket and found out my click-and-collect order hadn't gone through so I had to go home and do it all over again the next day, my takeout order got screwed up, my winter duvet went mouldy in storage, and now I'm sneezing. I know none of those is huge but it adds up and I could really do with a hug right now.

• Witnessed x 5
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Im sorry you're having a shit time :(

May i offer you some ducks speedrunning bowls of peas:

• Winner x 1
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Thank you. Aww, ducks ^_^

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Another mouse got in. After pursuing it and giving up at 5 AM, I found it dead in between my couch cushions and I think I squashed it :( Ordered humane traps and peppermint spray off eBay, hopefully that'll prevent this happening again.

• Witnessed x 3
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Tw: animal death

So my sister's friend's mom's cat passed recently, and her daughter drove for five hours to get her a kitten from a certain shelter. The mom had finally started getting attached to her new fur baby, and sister's friend's brother's dog killed it in front of her mom. She's absolutely broken hearted, and extremely depressed. My brain has escalated this tragedy into what 2021's outcome is gonna be like and im kinda stuck there now

• Witnessed x 5
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Would it help to instead reframe it as "getting the bad parts over with before the rest of the year is good"?

• Useful x 2
    • Agree x 1
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Yeah, i think i could spin that, thanks!

• Winner x 1
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It's a method that's helped me before!

• Winner x 2
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I miss being in college.

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice