Red vs. Blue

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Valenorn, Feb 20, 2016.

1. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

The thing with Temple that bothers me the most is this:

So over the last however many years he's killed random freelancers (ones we know had nothing to do with Biff's death, or the general original freelancer plot, considering we barely saw them (if at all)) by freezing them in their armor and watching them starve/boil/whatever to death. And he keeps the corpses in a special room.
    Does he never go after the two freelancers directly? He's happy to find Carolina, but I know for a fact that Tex was still alive for a long, long time during his revenge sequence.
    Yeah, she's an AI, but he wouldn't know that!
    If he cared about revenge, also, and was smart enough to look through stuff, he would have realized that like--the Director's dead. Tex is dead. The people who hurt him are all dead.
    Also--are the janitors at the UNSC responsible? Children? People who joined after?
    Why doesn't he seek out Biff's girlfriend, try to make sure that his child grows up with some memory of him?

• Agree x 2
  2. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

yo I just finished season 15, going to catch up w what's out of s16 soon

s15 was gr8. the writers did a good job making Temple creepy af (that murder room tho!). he made for a good one season villain, and a good starter villain for Tucker's first run as the hero w/o any support from Church.

• Like x 2
  3. thegrimsqueaker

I hope Temple doesn't come back, tho. he wouldn't make a good villain for a larger story arc, and the whole murder room thing makes it unlikely that he'll come back as an ally. even if he did, he certainly wouldn't be trusted, what w the whole "trapped two of our teammates in his murder room and taunted them before leaving them to die horribly" thing. but I do give him points for style on his serial killer thing, tho he has an unfair advantage w/ the armor lock making it easier to make sculptures out of his victims

• Agree x 3
  4. thegrimsqueaker

any thoughts on the current season?

5. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i love it! :D:D:D the god plotline is cool! :D:D:D

and i loved seeing an actor playing my fave in episode 5, and i'm glad sarge didn't kill the actual temple. :D i love temple so much! :D:D:D

• Witnessed x 1
  6. thegrimsqueaker

I hadn't noticed 38P

• Like x 1
  7. unknownanonymous

what was the "witnessed" on that post about?

8. thegrimsqueaker

that I have, indeed, noticed that you like Temple

• Like x 1
  9. unknownanonymous

sorry, i'm just sensitive about people going "witnessed" about me liking temple 'cause he's widely hated in the fandom

10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Temple is a v good character, I need to rewatch his season at some point to get more of an idea of what he (and the rest of the blues and reds) is/are like. All the plot twists kind of distracted me from focusing on the development of the new characters the first time around :P

• Agree x 1
  11. unknownanonymous

yep, he is! :D:D:D

and i'd be thrilled to hear your rewatch impressions, if you decide to share them here when you watch it!

• Like x 1
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Yeah!! It’ll probably be a while, since I have at least 6 or 7 other shows/comics/whatever I need to catch up on too, but if/when I do rewatch I’ll try to remember to post about it here :)

• Like x 1
  13. unknownanonymous

awesome! :D

• Like x 1
  14. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

my sibling and I are in the middle of an impromptu rewatch! we just met everyone’s favorite sociopath once again and both of us instantly burst into song the moment he came onscreen:

what an asshole. I love him.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  15. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

on season 15. to me, everything after season 13 is noncanonical, but I’m noticing and appreciating the meta elements of this season a lot more the second time around. the first time I was too caught up in the excitement, lol.

this season feels weaker than the previous ones, but the weak parts feel intentional. they’re acknowledging and playing with the fan tropes. overall I think I would have preferred a season where they didn’t do that, but this is also interesting and sometimes hilarious.

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice