Reporting the mods

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Athol Magarac, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Hi Athol,

I know you're busy replying to more current things. But I know you saw my post, but you never responded to it.

This happened at the beginning too. When I put in the effort to communicate with you, you ignore it (maybe by accident) and don't respond to it.

What's the point of putting in the effort to "get on the same page" if you don't engage with what I said?

If you want people to agree to accommodate your communication style, then you need to give them something in return.

• Agree x 2
  2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

@Snitchanon Athol has previously expressed discomfort with reaction images, I'm sure you didn't mean to diregard that (reasonable) boundary, so here's a gentle reminder and I'll bounce right back out :>

• Agree x 4
  3. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Right you are, I've edited the image out.

• Like x 2
  4. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Ah yeah, my bad. I think Seebs beat me to editing it out.

• Like x 2
  5. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

This is a huge part of why people come to the conclusion that you are not responding in good faith. This comes off as very sarcastic. You are being petty, rude and spiteful in response to helpful comments telling you not to do that very thing.

#lessonsinwhatnottodo

• Agree x 6
  6. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

Work with me, will you?

7. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

This is actually just literally untrue. The initial thread on the topic was full of people really politely explaining why what you said was an antisemetic conspiracy theory dogwhistle.

The fact that none of it sunk in after dozens of pages of people trying to politely explain why your statements were bigoted is why we're at where we're at

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    • Agree x 8
    • Like x 1
  8. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

There is nothing here to work with. You are responsible for your own actions. Spock did not tell you to self harm, did not suggest you self harm, does not want you to self harm. You choosing to self harm is your choice. She is not to blame, even if you are upset with her.

• Agree x 15
  9. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

Like, the fact that you seem to constantly attempt to re-tell history in a way that makes you a victim of bullying and harassment when we literally have hard evidence to the contrary kinda makes it hard to engage with you as a good-faith actor.

• Agree x 7
  10. Athol Magarac

Now I'm really fucking confused. Just full dream-logic doesn't make sense.

I caught Snitch's image, and according to my explanation, it should be fine.

11. Snitchanon

I have no idea what this means, and given that you don't seem to remember what you, yourself asked for, I would suggest a two-step plan.
    1. Go to rehab.
    2. Get therapy.
    Repeat as desired.

• Agree x 14
  12. Athol Magarac

Hi, sorry, I have problems with people flooding out the important things. Thanks for the poke and I'll get right to it.

• Like x 1
  13. seebs

This was (back on page 6) the original request.

So far as I can tell, it's a request not to use reaction images as reactions to things you say. I can't see how Snitch's use of a reaction image as a reaction to a thing you said would not count.

• Agree x 6
  14. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Yeah uh, I kinda gotta agree with Snitch here?

I don't remember anything about you explaining that certain reaction images are fine or what precisely about them upsets you?

I mean I fully admit I could've just missed it, I'm not all-knowing, but

as far as I remember the latest mutually agreed upon point on that topic was
    'Athol has expressed discomfort with reaction images. Therefore we will try to avoid using reaction images to make communication easier and not cause harm.'

• Agree x 10
  15. seebs

What do you mean? You said "Alright, Spock isn't responsible for the self-harm as the result of her continuing to push my buttons". People objected. You claimed they were mad at you for agreeing, but they weren't. They were mad at you for changing the claim to make it support your position.

The abusive behavior is "blaming other people for your self-harm". The thing that is bad is "claiming that the self-harm results from other people's actions". Anything which claims that is bad. It's always bad. It stays bad, and controlling, and abusive.

If you'd said "Spock isn't responsible for the self-harm", that would be good. But you instead made the subject "the self-harm as the result of her continuing to push my buttons". That's bad, because that subject does not even exist without your claim that the self-harm is caused by someone else's actions.

And this is the thing I've tried, so many times, to get you to stop doing. Stop editing claims so that they support your position. You can't offer a thing that looks a bit like an apology, but still contains the assertion that you're right. You have to actually stop asserting the false and abusive thing. And if you're really, really, convinced that the thing is true, and has to be said, and that it would be a lie to stop claiming it... Well, that's why people think you're abusive. Because you can't stop believing that other people are always to blame for your choices.

Go to rehab. You cannot be helped by people talking to you on the internet while you're still drunk.

• Agree x 11
    • Winner x 1
  16. boop

boop beepbeep

i cant find the post but im pretty sure she said the reason is she often has trouble interpreting the meaning of the image and wouldnt mind if she could understand what the image was meant to convey

• Informative x 2
  17. Athol Magarac

1) I was feeling a bit low, and we still haven't cleared up serophobia vs hating one person. It just sort of went away. I don't think I got a reply to my risk-taking idea.

2) Accepted. Can I have the same courtesy in letting me explain when things aren't a deliberate slight?

3) What I was looking for was a bit of padding. But yeah, it won't help much with what's been going on. That's a thing that's going to need to be untandled more.

4) Yeah, I'll try for less heavy stuff. I'm not saying I won't slip up though. Like. there's a really heavy message in Boss Baby that kinda explains a lot of the phobics and isms.

18. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Placing a moral judgment on [risk-taking as a general concept] was done through an inappropriate analogy, which is in the wiggler.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  19. Athol Magarac

Bingo. It was in a reply to Allyssa, right after we determined that reaction images were arousing me. Notice that I'm the one who started the Batman exchange, but the only part of it I understood was the Dory part, which is pretty much what I expected.

What I don't understand is that people are okay that I complained about how the reaction images made me feel, but I get called a liar for saying how Spock talking to me made me feel.

20. Snitchanon

This is not what happened.
    We keep telling you this, and citing sources.

• Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice