Reporting the mods

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Athol Magarac, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Lying cat cannot do science. It is not science if one lies.

(reminder that the :lyingcat: emoji exists)

• Agree x 8
    • Useful x 1
  2. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

After my juicy review is over, I'll be thrown out on the streets

Nothing but my peach crown and booty shorts to bring me comfort :c

• Witnessed x 9
    • Winner x 6
  3. Jove

Jove [ destination defenestration ]

Is this thread now Skinner's Box?

• Like x 3
  4. rigel

rigel in a line of late afternoon sun

press f to pay respects

• Agree x 11
    • Winner x 3
  5. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

@Jove Honestly it has been all along. Bad behavior is rewarded with attention. For an isolated person with few viable coping mechanisms, I don't think it's likely to end in encouraging good behavior.

@Athol Magarac Go to rehab, please.

• Agree x 10
  6. Jove

TMW the call was coming from inside the house all along.

This is where I repeat the Second Law: In an isolated system, entropy will only increase.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  7. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

Picard facepalm.

8. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

I'm a bit late to the party bc doctor's appointment, but here goes
    history lesson time! in medieval europe, Jews were legally barred from being anything other than money lenders if they wanted to work outside of Jewish communities

but isn't systematic oppression great when it stimulates the economy??

seriously, Athol, please stop talking about Jewish people

I'm Jewish and deeply offended nearly every time you bring up Jews in various threads

you're parroting ideas that get people killed, and every time someone tells you to stop you get offended that we aren't taking them as compliments

I'd go on about how terrible your behavior on this topic is, but I know that it's a wasted effort until you go to rehab

• Witnessed x 8
    • Agree x 5
    • Informative x 2
  9. Athol Magarac

Kinda.. did Spock take my suggestion to be a lot less sugar-coated, because the desire to punch the table until the tiles shatter has pretty much gone away. There are people who can be "meen" to me and not get my hackles up. If there were some way to make them louder and the others softer, we might get somewhere.
    This is why I'm so adamant about defending myself. If I say something and it's taken wrong, and then I have to live with the consequences of "being on the wrong side" when I am really against the wrong side... This is where the "bigot pride" came in. If you're going to tell me that liking Jews is bad, I'm going to be proud of that label until you convince me otherwise or I convince you that it's okay.

And, message-flood so I'm likely to miss something that I shouldn't.

10. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Again: Spock is under no obligation to let you lie about her and her interactions with you. She's perfectly within her rights to react a whole lot harsher than she did and frankly at this point I'd nominate her for sainthood just for having to deal with being your preferred target.

for the seconds part: things aren't 'Taken wrong'. You are saying hurtful things, period. People tell you that those things are hurtful, and you double down, and misread everything else they ssay, because your brain is in state to accept new input. Nobody told you that liking jewish people, or things made by them, is bad. NOBODY. you were reading that into the interactions because your brain is currently literally incapable of dealing with reality. Go to rehab. Get Sober. Then try again.

• Agree x 6
  11. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Wait, were you upset because I was "extra pissy" and "flying off the handle", or because I was being """sugar-coated"""? you might want to get your story at least a LITTLE straight before you accuse people of lying

(and Spock hasn't taken your suggestion for jack fucking diddly, because all the advice is precisely this incoherent and untrustworthy)

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  12. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Well, mostly, it's "Go to rehab". Which is definitely what you should do there, honestly.

• Agree x 9
    • Like x 1
  13. latitans

latitans zounds, scoob

listen, I don’t know what’s in your heart of hearts and I honestly don’t care.

Here’s the issue: you keep saying fucked up, untrue, hateful, bigoted shit. Someone says “hey that’s fucked up, untrue, hateful, and bigoted shit, here’s why.” Then you go “hmmmmmmmmmmm, is it though?” without reading the explanation. Then you decide to adamantly defend your right to say wack shit without censure.

That is what’s happening here. That is the problem.

• Agree x 17
  14. Jove

Short answer: No.

Pro Tip: Maybe, just fucking maybe, you actually said something wrong. Step 1) Admit to being wrong for once, learn, move on.

• Agree x 9
  15. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

OK, you SAY you like Jews. But everything you have said about Judaism - everything - are lies that have been, consistently, used to justify oppressing and murdering Jewish people. If you repeat these things, Jewish people are going to assume that you are, in fact, someone who is at least complicit in the system of oppressing and murdering Jews. Because you are repeating the lies which justify those acts. Every time you do that, you( in some very small - small but extant) way, reinforce those systems. Doesn't matter if you say it's actually a compliment, it's still reinforcing the lies which, again, have been used time and again to justify murdering us. There is absolutely nothing you can do to make them not be lies which have been used to justify murdering us. So stop saying them.

Or else it just seems like you want to say bigoted awful things and think that adding 'but ACTUALLY i like them!' will make them not be bigoted. It doesn't work like that.

• Agree x 7
  16. emcapi

emcapi Well-Known Member

GO TO REHAB, ATHOL.

You're gonna have a much easier time understanding what's happening once you do.

Can we go back to the ACTUALLY PRODUCTIVE part of this conversation, which was about HOW TO MAKE REHAB A VIABLE OPTION?

As I remember, we got stuck on "getting Athol's husband to deal with his junk."

• Agree x 9
  17. Jove

As important and absolutely worth talking about, I think we should all leave religion alone in this thread, it's only encouraging the "but I can totally get away with this if I offend people enough" ploy.

• Agree x 12
  18. Jove

This reminds me, I'm willing to look up resources, provided @Athol Magarac will find it agreeable, and willing to inform me the area they live in.

• Like x 7
  19. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Oh yeah you are putting so much effort into communicating clearly here /s
    Let me rephrase that: Your clarification did not help. In fact it made the whole thing read even worse. Stop digging, the hole is deep enough.

• Agree x 7
  20. Athol Magarac

I was reading your "nice" stuff as really intolerable. Did I not say as much? If you've upped the aggression factor, you might have fixed the disconnect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice