Reporting the mods

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Athol Magarac, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

You're right, I should continue to explain how it wasn't years and have people keep insisting that it was and get yelled at for that.

2. Athol Magarac

Ah, so the answer is to insult me... gottit. I shouldn't ask because it's a stupid question that I should be born knowing the answer to.

3. Athol Magarac

I don't know what to do because it won't be the thing that doesn't get me yelled at.

4. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

I'm gonna just also reiterate what I said earlier. This is my serious suggestion on how to handle conflict and confusion on here in a more productive way if you want to repair the burned bridges and also ensure nobody will be allowed to post anything unreasonably aggressive toward you while maintaining the safety of forum members:

Addendum to it: if you quote someone's post and they tell you they aren't interested in debugging it and do not want to participate in this hypothetical thread or have their words discussed without them present - respect that. Let it go.

• Agree x 6
  5. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

i'm not yelling at you, but i'm also not letting this slide. I'm out after this, don't ping me for at least a day.

http://ppc.wikia.com/wiki/User:Toopurple

you link this in your post about the ppc. it's there in chronological order. it spans years.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  6. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

you dont have to do something consistently 24/7/365 for it to be Years. if someone did something once in 2015, once in 2016, once in 2017 and once in 2018 its still considered to be going on for years because they were still focused on the first event and then continued to act Years after the original thing occurred. thats why we keep saying years: its been years since the origin and you never moved on and kept going back to pick at it instead

• Agree x 15
  7. lex

lex + 0.2% luck

[​IMG]

• Winner x 1
  8. Athol Magarac

So if I say "no one bother me about the X for a year" and they come back and bother me about it, I can say that they spent a whole year bothering me about it?

9. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

You can say they've been bothering you for a year. Yes. Because words mean things.

• Agree x 3
  10. Athol Magarac

Then the PPC's abuse and complete disregard has been going on for just as long.

11. spockandawe

Not actually the issue in question here.

• Agree x 7
  12. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

The PPC's would have stopped interacting with you years ago if you hadn't sockpuppeted and ban evaded the entire time.

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 1
  13. Athol Magarac

Oh, so they would have treated me worse and I would have been stuck with never knowing what would have happened if they had been fair.

Every time that they prove that they were the jerks, I feel a little bit better. I wish there was someone I could talk to that would replace having to poke them and make them prove it all over.

14. Gee

Gee the mail never fails

It's where you currently are. How is that working for you?
    ~
    Your reading comprehension and word-flipping are getting more intense. Maybe you should spend some time in meatspace doing enjoyable things.

• Agree x 2
  15. spockandawe

It's amazing how every time this topic comes up, you yourself manage to freshly torpedo the chances that someone might ever possibly think you were just an innocent victim.

ETA: tapping out, spraying myself in the face with a water bottle if I come back tfor at least a few hours. I cleared the hardest deadline, but I still have so many real life things I need to be dealing with.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    • Witnessed x 10
    • Agree x 2
  16. Athol Magarac

I'm stuck back in this miserable hoard. There is no enjoying meat-space. I don't even have any cigarettes because I burned my poncho right before running out and I hate everything to do with them. I had to leave my CBD oil behind because I flew back and I don't want to buy another bottle.

As far as an improvement on the PPC situation, I don't really pull my hair out or claw at my face or spend half of the night trying to break the floor with my feet anymore.

17. Athol Magarac

Yes, everything is my fault. No one else is to blame. I keep thinking I deserve human things when I'm not human.

18. Athol Magarac

"Unfortunately, your recent report has been rejected: Post in thread 'Reporting the mods' - Because if we wiggled people just for being mean or sarcastic, you'd have a lot fewer approved posts."

Gee gah, I have had post wiggled for being mean or sarcastic, and at a less cutting level. Unfair.

19. spockandawe

zote.png

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  20. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

No if you had just left when they banned you, it would have been over. If you'd walked away from this, it would have been over years ago and you could per chance have done some healing. Healing that you clearly desperately still need to be doing because now, YEARS LATER you're still hanging onto this pain. You gotta stop that.

I'm going to attempt a metaphor (in italics)

It's like you've gotten yourself growled at by a dog. And instead of doing the reasonable thing and leaving the dog alone, you come back and poke it with a stick. And you keep poking it until the dog bites you.
    And THEN you go 'see I was right the dog is evil' nevermind the fact that you are the one with the stick.

Leave the dog alone.

Leave the PPC alone. It's not helping you and at this point you are the aggressor and insisting that you aren't doesn't win you any friends.

Also stop doing this. The constant repetition is looking a whole damn lot like you fishing for validation at best and attempt to derail a criticism on your behaviour via manipulation at worst. There is a middle way between 'i am right at all times' and 'i don't deserve human things'

The middle way is called 'sometimes I fuck up and that means I should attempt to correct my fuckup, apologize for it if needed, and do my best not to repeat it'

There is no need to put yourself down into the ground over it but you seriously need to learn how to have gears besides 'I AM INFALLIBLE' and 'I AM LITERAL TRASH' and we cannot help you with that when any attempt to steer you towards healthier attitudes gets the helper smacked in the face.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    • Agree x 15
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice