Reporting the mods

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Athol Magarac, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

We explained the first time you tried to post it.

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  2. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

From the first explanation.

eta: for clarity, the second attempt that she's referencing here was less explicit than the first, but the same topic

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Witnessed x 11
  3. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

:nobig:

• Agree x 15
  4. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

Um, could you back this one up because that doesn't make sense.

Did you miss the part where we figured out that I have trouble keeping track of individuals? Sorry I thought that people speaking on your behalf were you.

5. Snitchanon

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 1
  6. Snitchanon

You can't remember the bizarre demands you made what, three weeks ago, and you're having trouble telling people apart even while you're embarking on dumb vendettas against them.
    upload_2018-11-9_15-51-39.png
    upload_2018-11-9_15-51-51.png

• Agree x 13
    • Winner x 1
  7. Hallowed

Hallowed praise the sun

Suggestion: always take the time to read the names of people who post. Do not rely on avatars. Do not respond to posts until you've read the name. Do not assume the identity of someone based on tone or what they have said.

• Agree x 9
    • Useful x 1
  8. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Yeah, you have trouble keeping track of individuals. The only apology you've made to me was for threatening to send me videos of your self-harming, etc., and you took that one back because...

Whoops, i just checked my sources. You didn't apologize, you 'recanted' the accusation that I forced you to self-harm, apologized for none of the threats or for making the accusation in the first place, and then took back that recanting because people were still angry with you

Eta: oh hey, those words say this wasn't even for everything. This was JUST for the binge-drinking. Not the video threats. Not the suicide implications. This was super limited even before taking it back

Don't bother with a formulaic 'I'm sorry, I guess', because after you mocked the idea that anything was wrong with your actions five (5) days ago, I absolutely will not believe that you have any idea what you're apologizing for, and I don't believe you're sorry for any of it.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Witnessed x 5
  9. Athol Magarac

That's close but doesn't sound quite right.

(Important bit is up there, I feel the rest is necessary, sorry.)

I'm upset that Spock wouldn't shut up when I asked them to. (If I stumble on someone's trigger and then keep doing it after they told me that it's a trigger, would I be a complete
    bó ghealach?)

I'm frustrated at how much I'm being wiggled, someone admitted that they were being harder on me than they would be on other people. I'm getting upset that it's mostly being dismissed instead of addressing how frustrated I am.

10. Athol Magarac

I wish I had put the number on it so I could see which post I was talking about. It was probably something important. It could have also been me seeing Spock get particularly nasty about it.

11. Athol Magarac

Because people were yelling at me, I thought that they hadn't wanted me to do that, so I took it back.

Ah, that's good. I was going to give up on apologizing before reading this part because if I'm going to get yelled at anyway, I might as well not debase myself.

12. mystery nonny

mystery nonny call me mystery (he/they)

adding on to this as a dyslexic person who often has troubles with names in general: maybe try keeping a notepad handy where you can write down the names of people who respond to you along with a short sentence summarizing what you think they're saying. (i would say summarize what they're actually saying, but I know you have troubles with that, so)

you can also try utilizing tabs on your browser and responding to one thing at a time. no one here cares if you double, triple, hell, even post 15 times in a row. if it's what helps you communicate and keep your facts and memory straight, i'm sure we'd all be more than fine with it.

as well, posting multiple times in a row (as you're doing now, actually, somewhat!) would prevent posts from getting wiggled for one sentence among a big huge paragraph and thus confusing you more on the reasons something was wiggled

• Agree x 4
    • Useful x 1
  13. Athol Magarac

Yeah, before I went on post-mod someone yelled at me for not condensing my replies, but I don't care because it's caused more trouble than not.

The multiple tabs may or may not be good. I'm doing it a bit and getting confused.

14. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Just for clarification, are you saying that apologizing for bad behavior is debasing yourself?

• Agree x 7
  15. mystery nonny

mystery nonny call me mystery (he/they)

I'm sorry you got yelled at.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I know I'd certainly like to see you be able to communicate more effectively with us through whatever means work best for you. If multiple tabs don't work well, that's okay! You would no better what works for you than I would, I'm merely suggesting some things :)

I think you tend to get overwhelmed when you come back to a lot of replies, so I think just stopping, slowing down, and taking them one at a time would help you immensely. If you run into a post that makes you think one thing, go ahead and post that thing. If you later see another post that makes you think something different, post that too! Seebs fixed some issues with posts not appearing chronologically, so we should be able to see all of those posts chronologically just fine.

16. 3strim

3strim Professional Accidental Rater

[​IMG]

Snitch has nothing to do with why you can't 'get things squared away' with me. Nor do any of the mods.

Your inability to parse boundaries as more than 'requests' and your admittance that even on a mental health forum, the word 'trigger' can be used like a meme, plus your downright obsession with bringing me up in every thread even if I have nothing to do with the topic. . .

Those are the reasons why things won't be squared away.

• Witnessed x 6
    • Agree x 3
  17. Athol Magarac

When it keeps getting rejected for several different reasons, or people start rubbing my face in something if I acknowledge it. It's unpleasant, and being yelled at for refusing to apologize is less punishment than the crap I get for apologizing.

18. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Can you point to an example of someone rubbing your face in a thing you said? I'm not sure I understand.

19. Athol Magarac

20. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

I think emotional continuity isn't the same as spitefully bringing up old mistakes once they've been amended. Though I appreciate that that's a nuanced statement and I've had too many meetings today, so if someone else wants to put that better please do.

• Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice