Reporting the mods

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Athol Magarac, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Also, hahaha, no.
    You don't get to control participation in public threads.

• Agree x 5
  2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Yeah, sorry, TvTropes doesn't even work as a media analysis tool, so uh. The clear and bullshitless way to ask for accomodations remains open to Athol. There's also the problem where I am beginning to feel real fuckin' stupid pretending she's not there while very very obviously talking answering things she just said. Makes conversations hard.

• Agree x 4
  3. Snitchanon

Yeah, remember this, @Athol Magarac?
    No?
    You've still only barely made a ghost of an attempt at an apology.

And then blamed me for it, which is honestly a combination of hilarious and vile.

• Witnessed x 4
  4. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

Quite right, I'm sorry about that particular nasty thing I said. I'm not going to give explanations because I'd rather not get into an argument about what I was thinking at the time. (Actually, that's how the mess started.)

I'm sorry about that particularly nasty thing I said. I guess the strategy is to not get frustrated no matter how much I'm misunderstood.

Now tell me that it's a shitty apology. Or wiggle it and deny that I tried.

5. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

legit i really dont think any further engagement in this thread should occur until athol can demonstrate she knows what she did was wrong. like. im fucking seething? and we know she's gonna latch onto the snark stuff to address rather than the horrifying comment about spock, latest development of horrifying things said about spock.

strongly my onion on that one but if this is actually going to get an apology its gonna have to be while it's fresh i think especially as she's currently being snarky herself in replies

athol you super fucked up. you have super fucked up. this is arguably worse than the last thing you hurled at spock. it was vile, cruel, i think actually evil. it hits on a thing spock specifically told you to stop doing, which was referring to her with sexually laden metaphors, and it was just. Absolutely unacceptable and it is On. Nobody. Else. But. You.

Own that you fucked up. Apologize. Promise Not To Do Not Ever Do It Again.

• Agree x 10
  6. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

YES THAT IS A SHITTY APOLOGY.

DO YOU KNOW WHY.

THIS IS WHY:

BECAUSE YET AGAIN, NOT ONLY ARE YOU CATASTROPHIZING TO A BATSHIT CONCLUSION, YOU ARE PAINTING WHAT YOU DID LIKE YOU TOLD SPOCK TO GO FUCK HERSELF, RATHER THAN WISHING FOR HER DEATH VIA SUFFERING INFLICTED BY SEXUALLY VIOLENT TORTURE FROM YOURSELF.

JESUS CHRIST.

• Witnessed x 10
  7. Snitchanon

Promising start, but wait, there's more!
    And it's really terrible!

Aaaaaaaand you're back to blaming literally anyone else.
    Completely undermining what looked like a promising start.
    Well done, and by that I mean piss off.

Yeah, it really is. Looked promising for a bit and then you realised you were a really nasty person so you course-corrected into unpleasantness.

"Try" is a strong word for anything you've done in aid of apologising.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    • Agree x 4
  8. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

No one has suggested that you should never get frustrated. But what if you didn't post things that look like you're wishing horrible death on people? What if you responded to the thing people actually said instead of making up a different and more extreme version of it to respond to so you can be responding to how excessive they were?

I can't even tell whether the original sentiment was sincere. Sometimes you say things like that, which appear to be exaggerations of what you think people are accusing you of. Sometimes you just volunteer your passionate desire that other people suffer horribly for whatever reason out of the blue. Who knows?

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  9. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Strongly disagree for reasons yelled above. she doesn't get a pass imo on apologizing like you would for telling someone to get fucked or a hurling a generic insult. it was visceral, personal, and vile. it was not a decent apology on any line.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  10. Snitchanon

You know what, you're right.
    She doesn't get partial credit for being minimum-level contrite before blaming... I think it was me?
    Or maybe Spock. Probably both.

• Agree x 5
  11. lex

lex + 0.2% luck

i feel for the people who still somehow think that she will improve with enough coaching. it’s never been about what she does or doesn’t know is acceptable behavior. (for example, she knows it’s not okay to threaten self harm or suicide bait.) it’s about whether or not she’s willing to be self critical and to change. she’s not at that point yet, and she can’t be forced there either

edit: i guess the point of this post is similar to kathy’s in that i encourage people to save their breath

• Agree x 7
  12. Athol Magarac

Was I not told that it's my own fault when I get angry, frustrated, decide to feel emotions?

I would have let that off but the PPC still has a grudge against me for not including a strategy with an apology.

What would you have me do?

13. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

I genuinely can't fucking tell. Normally I can at least trace the line of logic back by this point.
    I genuinely don't know if she knows it's not okay to threaten self harm or suicide bait. I've tried asking and have yet to get an answer that makes it clear one way or another.

• Witnessed x 5
    • Agree x 1
  14. Snitchanon

You preposterous clown, that post you made was specifically not taking responsibility for the things you did.
    The way you phrased that blamed other people.
    Do literally anything else.

• Agree x 2
  15. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

No. You were told exactly the opposite.

You were, however, told not to blame other people for the actions you take based on your emotions.

You don't decide what emotions to feel. You do decide what to do about them.

First off, stop treating us like the PPC. You claim, repeatedly, that the PPC are abusive bullies. Maybe don't do things just because the abusive bullies claim those things are good.

Secondly, that's an awful strategy that is completely unrelated to the actual problem.

Stop substituting claims. Respond to what people say, not to what unrelated and uninvolved people said in different circumstances, not to exaggerations, and so on.

Just once, accurately describe a criticism someone made, without editing it.

• Agree x 3
  16. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

STOP IT.

There is a vast fucking difference between "deciding to feel emotions" and "so now I'm going to violently threaten this person and express I hope they die." I know you have self control, I know that you are capable of getting up to do something else when you're upset because you've posted about it!

Do you understand that it is never acceptable to suicide bait or threaten other actual living human beings like you have. Yes or no. Just yes or no, nothing else.

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  17. rigel

rigel in a line of late afternoon sun

this is going to sound mean and in bad faith, but i think that her refusal to acknowledge that it is:

• bad
    • something she did of her own volition
    • not other people's fault
    and even just simply refusing to properly apologize for it is your answer here.

• Agree x 8
  18. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

I want to hear it in her words because I want her to have the courage to at least stand by her convictions if she's going to do this shit. I want a solid yes or no answer.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  19. Athol Magarac

There's a disconnect here.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure I didn't put much thought into what I was saying except that I should do the opposite of sanitizing. It was vile, but it was done without any consideration for the meaning. Just a mad-lib of nasty words that I didn't even re-read, much less try to understand it.

20. Snitchanon

• Agree x 7
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice