Reporting the mods

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Athol Magarac, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

You don't get to demand we do things.
    It's entirely within your power to just stop engaging for a weekend or something.
    Without you, the conversation here will likely grind to a halt, but you just keep engaging.
    We are not forcing you to be here. You can go Literally Anywhere Else.

• Agree x 1
  2. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

she's going to interpret that as a dismissal of the fact that she experiences distress when spock talks to her.

it is recognized that she experiences distress. the distress she feels does not mean spock has to stop talking to her. spock is correcting misinformation. athol might find this process distressing because it makes her Feel Bad, but it's not a thing she gets to control.

• Agree x 2
  3. michinyo

michinyo On that Dumb Bitch Juice diet

Popping in to say, I’m really impressed with all of you guys and your patience? Resolve? Something in continuing to try to talk to this person.

I would’ve given up forever ago, so proud of y’all for try to continue to fix things/steer it in the right direction

• Agree x 6
  4. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

Yo if you're going to snipe at me from behind an ignore from here on out can you please use they/them pronouns, I'm not a dude, kthx

• Witnessed x 9
  5. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

You know, it's really, really easy to track down these statements you can't remember, especially when they show up multiple times. I just searched for 'positive', posted by spockandawe, and wow, right near the top of the results, once in the wiggler (in response to a direct request I respond) and once in tchgb, quoting the wiggler.

'Positive reinforcement' is a preexisting term with an established definition that google could EASILY describe for you if you don't already know it. Here's a hint. It's not the definition you just made up.

It means that if you try to control me through threats of self-harm, I am absolutely not going to confirm for you that this strategy works. I'm not going to reinforce the idea that this strategy will bring you success, or a positive outcome. Positive reinforcement.

And tbh, you can totally find spots where i misinterpret your meaning. Because your words are incredibly unclear. I know I've directly acknowledged mistakes before, and tried to explain why I'm making those mistakes. You... do not do that thing, and just this one post that you just made is a gr8 example of how trying to rag other people for doing it to you would be hella hypocritical.

• Agree x 5
  6. boop

boop beepbeep

put the thread on ignore and turn off your notifications you cant force anyone else to stop posting especially when you keep responding the only way to make it stop is to walk away so use the tools that are available to you

• Agree x 5
  7. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

To be really, really, clear:

No one disputes that spock continuing to talk to Athol is upsetting. That was not a lie, and it was never called a lie. Substituting that claim in, as an example of the "lies" Athol was asked to stop saying, is disingenuous at best.

• Agree x 9
  8. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I know. I was not aiming the latter half of my reply at you, my bad. Part of accommodating her desire to not be spoken too directly is it means communication gets a little more muddled with others, but I was aiming that part at her because like.

I mean we have enough data at this point for me to clearly extrapolate how she was gonna catastrophize that in a disingenuous way, and was nipping it in the bud.

9. tired

tired New Member

Quoting for emphasis

• Agree x 2
  10. Grief

Grief ...

Thank you both, these were much more elegant ways of saying what I was trying to get at wrt antagonism vs enforcing boundaries.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  11. Jove

Jove [ destination defenestration ]

Bolded for emphasis. Ha-fucking-ha. Pot, calling the kettle black.

You don't get to demand shit all from anyone after your actions beyond being treated with some human decency without doing some giving of your own. At least not with me, and I image not with a lot of other people. Because here's the thing-- I don't trust that you aren't saying vicious, horrific shit about me behind my back (and good luck, if you are, because I'll just laugh in your damn face, I guarantee that; you don't intimidate or scare me) the way you try to do to Spock, so I don't plan to give you much of the benefit of the doubt anymore.

We are hell bent on not listening? Get your head out of your ass-- it's the other way around, and this is frankly insulting on top of just laughable.

EDIT: Edited for errors and clarity.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    • Agree x 2
  12. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

A lot of stuff could be attributed to pickle-brain. The rest could be attributedd to some inability to Get It which that stupid donkey thinks has been brought up before.

Athol is also pretty low on spoons and doesn't know why hoarder-guy won't return her phonecalls. Things are pretty hopeless, but what do you do when your best isn't good enough?

Getting tired.

13. Athol Magarac

Please take a hike, Snitch. You also have the power to stop adding fuel to the fire and drowning out the helpfule stuff.

• Agree x 1
  14. Athol Magarac

15. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

you ignored things when they were on the same page, how would even that make any difference at this point when it didn't before considering you don't read posts to begin with?

• Agree x 6
  16. Athol Magarac

I need things to happen slower.

17. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Nah.
    I mean, I'm going to bed now, because it's late, so I'll be off-forum for hours.
    But nah.
    It is not within your power to stop me.

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 3
  18. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Apologies for dropping in with someone else's image and nothing else, but I went in to the office as soon as I woke up, left after it was completely dark, just got home, and haven't actually eaten any food yet today. I have more to say later, but this is extremely relevant to the issue of how impossible it is to get apologies, acknowledgment that apologies are needed, or even acknowledgment that the actions Athol carries out are her own responsibility.

85b81295-c717-446c-bb3c-479f1c51dc33.png

I have no interest in letting the miscellaneous accusations and threats slide because Athol has this mentality. Letting her get away with that does her no favors in the long run.

• Witnessed x 10
    • Agree x 4
  19. Jove

Jove [ destination defenestration ]

Blame shifting, again. Good god. Grow up and stop it already. "Wah wah, they're pointing out things I don't like and make me Feel Bad and so Snitch is responsible for how I respond to that". No. No. NO.

And who's fault is that? Hint, yours.

Things will happen slower when you stop adding fuel to the fire.

People here are very fucking through with letting your shit slide anymore than it already has. You owe Spock an apology, you of Kathy an Apology, you owe me an apology-- you owe fucking everyone an apology. And yes. I do mean owe.

• Agree x 3
  20. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

So stop posting new claims. Pick a post and respond to it carefully and slowly. If you ignore other posts, that's fine. Pick a thing that's hard and actually engage with that thing, and you might make a progress.

• Agree x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice