Reporting the mods

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Athol Magarac, Oct 24, 2018.

1. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

One of the big things we're not supposed to move past is the ASSORTMENT of apologies you owe to various people, though you'll actually have to cave and backread if you want to actually address these things.

And mods are typically picked with, among other things, pretty solid communication skills. We don't need Kathy to advise us on how to have a conversation, and I'm absolutely not going to load her down with more homework and obligations when she's already taking a heavy emotional/intellectual load of her own volition.

• Agree x 12
  2. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Nah.
    Also, stop pinging her unnecessarily.
    She isn't at your beck and call.

• Agree x 15
  3. mystery nonny

mystery nonny call me mystery (he/they)

i know this'll probably fall on deaf ears, but the way you're talking about kathy right now is really gross and uncomfortable. she's not your slave just because you've designated her as one of the good ones(tm)

• Agree x 19
  4. spockandawe

I feel like you have the idea that the important things Kathy wanted to address were to do with how people are reacting to and responding to your words. That was... nowhere close to being the case.

• Agree x 5
  5. Snitchanon

Yeah, the things Kathy wanted to 'not move on from' were the apologies you owe Spock, her, Jove and probably others.

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

Report: Drag this to a TCHBG because it's going to turn into a whole different debate... Can we go by blacklist instead of whitelist there? Am I using those terms right?

7. mystery nonny

this is a really fucked up thing to say about a survivor of narcissistic abuse. knock it off.

• Agree x 18
  8. Snitchanon

No.

No.

No.

• Winner x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. spockandawe

You are not using... any of those correctly.

• Witnessed x 3
    • Winner x 1
  10. Athol Magarac

You're not helping.

yes i fucking threatened to send videos of self harm to spock '

yes i have refused to adequately apologize

SQUARK! I PORRAT THE EXACT CODE_PHARSE THAT SNITCH WANTS BUT WONT TELL ME.

I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU WANT, so I'm just going to classify you as a bully who just wants to see me cry.

11. Athol Magarac

OMG, it's an asshole flood. I'm just going to assume that everything you said was asshole-attacks.

12. Snitchanon

Well, I can't be good at everything.

Yep.

Also yes.

It's really not rocket science.

The extent to which I care about your approval or emotional state stand at zero. I neither wish to upset you or comfort you, for that would imply I had any emotional involvement in this situation at all.

• Witnessed x 4
    • Winner x 2
  13. Snitchanon

• Agree x 6
  14. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Snitch wants you to fucking apologize to Spock. We all want you to apologize to Spock. A real apology, without shifting the blame to her, one where you show that you understand why the thing you did was wrong and terrible and should never have happened.

People have told you that, repeatedly, over the last idk, 10 pages or so of this thread. You just refuse to write up an apology that doesn't at the very least imply, if not outright state, that it was all Spock's fault anyways.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    • Agree x 7
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. mystery nonny

the answer to that question is bolded

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 3
  16. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

I mean, Kathy pretty consistently works with the mod team on things and I personally talk to her almost daily, but surely the way to "fix" the mods being "mean" to you is this pathetic attempt to pitt friends against each other.

• Winner x 8
    • Agree x 1
  17. spockandawe

Some of this is probably because she's under the impression that I'm laughing at her suffering. I've never said that, but hey. It's not like she's ever made things up about me or misinterpreted my words, right? In fact, this has been an unpleasant slog with a person I'd be delighted to never encounter again, where one of the few high points are the times when she tries to hurt or control me, and utterly fails.

These tactics aren't any less abusive just because she completely and hilariously failed in her attempts to hurt me, but she either doesn't see anything wrong with her behavior, or doesn't see anything wrong with threatening to withhold apologies until I do what she says.

And then we loop back around to the part where she tries and utterly fails to manipulate me, and I crack up. A vicious, humorous circle.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  18. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

This sort of thing is why people are burning out on the ability to be sympathetic to you at this point. You've been told, repeatedly, what is needed: adequate apologies to Spock, and everyone else you've harmed, that demonstrate that you understand why what you did was wrong and why you shouldn't have done the thing, and which don't shift the blame to your victims.

You have refused to write up an apology that doesn't shift the blame, and there's no indication I can see that you actually understand why anyone's upset with you for what you did.

Pretending that the issue is that you're not being told exactly the right string of magic incantations that will make you stop feeling bad is not going to work. You have been told, repeatedly, what you need to do. There is no magic set of words. The only thing that will make this stop is you actually, properly apologizing to Spock and everyone else you've hurt.

• Agree x 4
  19. mystery nonny

alternatively: she thinks that because her actions haven't hurt you, that that makes them okay (note how she only expressed guilt for hurting kathy that one time because kathy said she had been hurt)

• Agree x 4
  20. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

There are quite a few people here who are transgender. You know how you keep saying you feel less than human? That's what happens when you misgender someone, ESPECIALLY when we have fought tooth and nail to have our identities and status as human beings with rights who deserve basic respect acknowledged. When you said bothering to get pronouns right ranks below doing chores for you, that was direct slap in the face to every transgender person and all of our friends and allies here. We all watched you announce that you are an arrogant jackass that considers basic decency beneath you. No one is going to engage with you on matters of gender and gender identity because you have REPEATEDLY demonstrated that you don't fucking care, and you just want to make excuses.

It's pointless. You MAKE it pointless. Nothing you have done in this whole forum makes any of us think you care about anything other than your own comfort. Every time you say you want to "fix" things and get better, what ends up actually happening is you talk us and yourself around in circles trying to reason out why you aren't culpable for anything going wrong at all ever. And if anyone actually FINALLY gets you to acknowledge you did something bad, you immediately blow up with the self depreciation and disproportionate emotional theatrics. You don't want anything fixed, you just want it to go away (unless you can milk it for pity points that is. "Waaah wah, Spock is so meeean to me by correcting me about observable events when I get them wrong, even though I've already admitted my memory is shit. Ugh she just flew off the handle by correcting me when I got her pronouns wrong! I mean obviously she pushed my buttons and I just happened to lash out by threatening to send her video of me self harming, but none of that is my fault, I just can't help it! Spock's really a big bully >:( ").

• Agree x 10
    • Winner x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice