Reporting the mods

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Athol Magarac, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

I am not going to let through any posts attempting to restart old arguments you have already had explained to you at great length.

• Agree x 1
  2. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Athol if you want a non-mod to evaluate the stuff in the wiggler for you and determine whether it is correctly placed there then shoot me the details for your account via our pm and I'll take a look. Otherwise I don't know how to help like you asked.

3. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

This kinda reminds me of the "react badly to criticsm" accusations. It makes me feel like I can't say anything about y'all's behavior or else I'll have to back down from a "how dare you say that to an abuse victim" derailment.

I feel over-censored. I feel that most of the time when I try to draw attention to it, I'm either censored or told that it's manipulative and abusive.

We (some mods and I) did try talking about specifically what was wrong in one of the wiggled threads. I said that I was saying the opposite of what the one person thought I said, asked them to rewind to that bit of the conversation because the rest was running down the road with a false assumption, asked for a rephrase, and then it devolved into an argument about pronoun trouble instead of actually addressing the issue. Looking back, it feels like a distraction. If it happens again I'll ignore everything to do with fixing my pronoun problems.

• Informative x 1
  4. Athol Magarac

That reminds me, could you cut down on the snark and "you know what you did" stuff? Just, I'd prefer you talking less because it's generally unhelpful and distracting.

5. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Stop doing this, it's threatening.

• Agree x 9
  6. Athol Magarac

That would be cool, thanks. And yes, I did have my capslock on last time I changed my password.

7. Snitchanon

If telling you that you've already had basic things explained to you repeatedly is snark, I present my response as a "LOL no".

As for the other steaming trashfire of a post:

The "NO U" defence rears its head!

That is literally something we've never said to you.
    We mention it here as additional context as to why your weird blanket accusations could be
    1. really really dumb
    2. upsetting

You really aren't.

When you finally figure out how to say that without being a manipulative and abusive twit, I'm sure we'll be delighted.

Nope. Not what happened.
    Your persistent trouble with using basic human decency on people was not off-topic for that discussion, and you bought it up in the first place.

• Informative x 2
    • Winner x 1
  8. Athol Magarac

Mildly. I'm that pissed about it though. I'll allow slip-ups but I shouldn't have to tolerate them using it to manipulate me away from having a different problem solved.

9. Athol Magarac

And stopping because this level of "I'm going to keep doing the thing that irritates you" is counterproductive.

10. Athol Magarac

If Snitch said anything important in that post, could someone else translate?

11. Snitchanon

Threatening people doesn't get magically acceptable because you're really really mad.

The problem was you trying to be transphobic, so yes.

• Agree x 3
  12. Athol Magarac

Oh, also, I don't think I ever got an explanation about why my beaver shots got removed.

13. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Okay. Are you okay with me putting a note at the end of each thread for you to show I've read through it and determined whether I would have wiggled it or not?

14. Snitchanon

That's about as much of it as I expected you to read, given previous experience of your level of reading comprehension.

Good luck with that, I'm incomprehensible.

• Winner x 7
  15. Athol Magarac

Sure... I guess it's going to have to be from my account unless you can be given a mod-token... Can you make sure that it's well-marked so I'd have to be really fucked-up to think that I did it?

16. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Athol you do realize that going 'x, y and z mods shouldn't talk to me' will At Best result in your posts getting apprived much slower? Picking and choosing a mod team you prefer isn't gonna happen and even if it was, it wouldn't help you.

• Agree x 7
  17. Athol Magarac

A mod shouldn't be able to go "oh you don't like that? I'm going to do it more because there's nothing you can do about it."

You wouldn't believe what I want to tell Snitch to google, and they's deliberately baiting me to do it.

18. Snitchanon

Truly, really, not what I'm doing.
    I tone down the snark significantly, and I've been short with you at most.

Nah.
    Also, a threat. Stop it.

• Agree x 5
    • Witnessed x 2
  19. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

1)that's a threat. Again

2) the amount of things you don't like lines up with 'everytime anyone tells you that you did something wrong, unless they're exceedingly gentle'
    That's not a sensible communications style.

• Agree x 4
  20. Athol Magarac

Yes, a mod is threatening me.

Look, maybe I did overreact to being called a bigot and an abuser and whatever else people have been calling me, but I'm not as strong against bullying as I once was and it's happening a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice