Reporting the mods

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Athol Magarac, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Oh, also? Several of the things you said cannot even in the most generous light be looked at as "innocent parroting". They were things said to cause harm and to try and control people. Now I've seen everything you've posted I'm not letting you get away with this anymore, Athol.

• Agree x 10
  2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Being a bigot is sorta bad. Calling someone a bigot when they are exhibiting bigoted behavior is not particularly nasty or mean, in and of itself.

If you say bigoted things, even without understanding that they're bad, and people say you're a bigot, they're not automatically being nasty. They might be trying to give you accurate information so you can adjust your behavior if you'd rather not be a bigot.

If you call people names, especially obviously insulting names, that's being nasty. It does not serve a useful purpose. It's just mean.

• Agree x 8
  3. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

Yep, and if I use weird words like pluto galaki or switch to ᚠᚢᚦᚨᚱᚲ , you could probably work out from context that it's meant to be not-good and you shouldn't look it up.

Look, I'm sorry that I did things like that, but I really have no calibration on what is acceptable. If saying "I don't want this" gets the same reaction as calling someone a Schlagsahne, why should I even try to work out appropriateness-levels? Also, I'm still open to reading people's posts aloud and uploading them to let you hear the tone that I'm seeing.

4. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

+1
    and also

athol if you showed me a few of those quotes from the wiggler side by side with statements from a white supremacist or neo nazi and filed the names off? A lot of the time I would not be able to tell who said what. That is a problem. If you do not want to sound like the kind of people who are either actively murdering people who are different than they are, or looking for an excuse to do so and trying to convince other people that they're in the right for it, get help.

not from strangers on the internet here, you need real, tangible and long term help.

• Agree x 10
  5. Athol Magarac

Too fast... slow down please... pausing here, waiting a few minutes... I think a seeb post suddenly appeared out of nowhere

6. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

I'm not going to look up the runes but switching to another language doesn't make the horrible things you're saying less horrible.

You should try to work out the appropriateness levels so you can function at a basic level of decency, which will make your life much easier I promise you. You should do it because it's the right thing to do, not for validation nuggets.

eta: my apologies, your post appeared for me after I hit enter.

• Agree x 4
  7. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Yes.

I'm on post moderation, so my posts take a while to go through sometimes. This is because I'm not great at tone and sometimes say things that are upsetting in ways I don't notice, so my posts have to be reviewed by the mods.

8. versi2

versi2 ???????

(seebs is also on post moderation, so their posts won't show up until they get approved. that's why it looked like it came out of nowhere)

9. Athol Magarac

Okay, so if it's just naively and innocently feeding into other people's murderous cray-cray... I shouldn't get angry at being called a bigot. It's not so bad that I'm damned for all time.

10. Athol Magarac

It started out with innocent parroting... at some point it might have been comparable to a toddler yelling "shit" randomly.

11. Athol Magarac

Can I take a look at your wiggler? I think copy-paste to my wiggler might be the easiest way unless you want to go google docs.

12. Athol Magarac

Memo to self... do that thing with the Kathy-quote.

13. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

No, it got considerably worse than that.

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 4
    • Informative x 2
  14. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Seebs doesn't generally get wiggled most of the time. We talk to them on Discord and then they use their mod powers to edit, or they delete, or things go in the wiggler and then go back out because of, again, editing powers. The concern is poor impulse control and not thinking through tone, not active cruelty, so editing powers aren't actually a concern.

Also, I think it's good that you're starting to treat reciprocity as more of a thing, but I don't know that 'let me see the ways you could have harmed people' is necessarily a good way to go about it.

• Agree x 5
    • Informative x 3
  15. versi2

versi2 ???????

Yes, exactly! Being wrong is never going to make you damned for all time. You can always work to do better. Other people may or may not forgive you, and that's ok, but you always have a chance as long as you work to improve.

• Agree x 8
  16. Athol Magarac

Yeah, that's what the problem was before I got so gosh-darn frustrated.

Most of the cruelty was in answer the escalation.

Oh BTW, did I get a response on "Cheese is priced"

17. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

For fucks sake, stop this. You know what you're doing. Stop it.

• Agree x 2
  18. Athol Magarac

It's more of a "let's see another person in the situation" sort of thing.

19. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Nope. You were horribly cruel right out of the gate, and we've barely escalated against you at all.
    We put you on postmod. We accurately describe what your behaviours could cause.
    You yell at us and call us slurs.

• Agree x 5
    • Witnessed x 5
  20. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Correct. Im not letting you get away with this now athol i've seen it all, it was All Bad. All Of It. You Did Bad Things And Need To Apologize.

• Agree x 7
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice