REVEAL YOUR PETS 2 ME >:3c

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by applechime, Apr 17, 2016.

?

what is best part

1. toes

60 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. tum

65 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. soft ears

74 vote(s)
    49.3%
  4. Snoot

66 vote(s)
    44.0%
  5. blep

74 vote(s)
    49.3%
  6. snif snif snif snif

67 vote(s)
    44.7%
  7. honour

45 vote(s)
    30.0%
  8. beans

72 vote(s)
    48.0%
  9. ....texture

65 vote(s)
    43.3%
  10. sweet and beauteous face

95 vote(s)
    63.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

(dky is my brother, i'm just answering because he's not online and i'm excited)
    the anubias in the center is live, along with the moss ball, and he plans on filling the tank with more live plants as time goes on!

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Such expert concealment, the scary maintenance guy will never discover this hiding place
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 10
    • Agree x 2
  3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Why would you post that picture in "Reveal your pets to me" when the pet is so incredibly cleverly concealed as to be invisible? >:::OOO

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
  4. Jojo

Jojo Writin and fightin

"Hunting breeds don't get along with small animals"
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    That's Lulu and her bff Angel

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Winner x 11
  5. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

... my parents have been keeping a smol catte and sighthounds for years and the catte is undeniably boss on this arrangement... then again, sighthounds are kinda weenies.

• Agree x 4
  6. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

When people say that 'hunting breeds and small animals don't get along' I tend to think that means you just have to exercise more caution when first introducing them? For example, you have to be super careful with introducing racing greyhounds or working hounds to cats, because they ping right on the hunting instinct that they've been specifically trained to actually listen to.

And on the other hand, if you've got a beagle or a whippet who's never actually run down anything with the intent to bite/kill, then you're probs fine. It's all about context and individuals, you know?

• Agree x 6
    • Informative x 1
  7. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

Also the spectrum of "small animals" is.... a bit too broad here, because really? A cat is able to defend itself if a dog crosses the line, pretty much any other pet that size or smaller is significantly more helpless, so "small animal" is too broad to make any real statements about here imo

• Agree x 3
  8. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I would have thought by small animal we meant like, rats, ferrets maybe, hamsters, mice, guinea pigs?

• Agree x 3
  9. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

It can be pretty dependent on the dog too. Family dogs can be pretty vicious towards strange prey animals, and hunting dogs can be the laziest fucks in the world. But generally I've found that "[x] breed does not get on with small animals" tends to mean "take care and monitor the interactions especially when first introducing them", with a caveat that any dog that's been trained to hunt small animals is not going to make a meaningful distinction between a cat with a bob tail and a rabbit from a distance of five meters, and that can end in tragedy if you're not aware and watching for it.

"Can defend itself in a fight" means a lot more for a cat if its neck isn't broken before it even realizes it's in danger.

IGNORING ALL THAT have a video of our Very Good Boys

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
  10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Tangerine and coconut!

• Agree x 3
  11. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

My mom found plushy French Bulldog ornaments at Target. She improved them.
    ornaments.png

ornament.png

• Winner x 8
    • Agree x 2
  12. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

Oh yeah, definitely, I just meant in the sense that a dog could have some concept of "cat can be scratchy and bitey" and in some cases could exercise a bit of restraint because of that, whereas pretty much everything else in the "small animal" category (except I suppose ferrets 'cause they're predators) wouldn't ever have that sort of advantage. The main thing that bothers me about the lumping together of cats w/ all small animals when it comes to dog interactions is that whereas cats and dogs that are used to each other can obviously be together unsupervised, I would personally never trust any dog unsupervised with any other small animal for even a second -- I personally wouldn't allow an unleashed/not otherwise restrained dog to interact with a non-cat small animal tbh. You're right that in an ambush/pursuit situation all small animals are similarly fucked, but in other situations (especially play-fighting) cats and other small animals are very different categories when it comes to interactions with dogs

• Agree x 3
  13. Jojo

Jojo Writin and fightin

Oh yeah, thats part of why it irks me when people are like "Hunting dogs don't get along with smaller animals!" Like BUD..... Be more specific are we talking letting a beagle play with your pet rabbit or is it a greyhound and a maine coon? Gotta have that context. Plus every dog is different! Lulu never touched our chickens (when we had em) and is totally fine with cats, but will chase small dogs has killed deer on multiple occasions.

• Agree x 1
  14. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I wish I had pictures to share but at the moment I don't, but how my parents' cat Freddie likes to sleep on people is pretty adorable - he likes to lie on his back in the crook of your arm and be cradled like a baby

He complains if you don't make a spot for him to sleep like that and are sitting upright in the computer chair

• Winner x 13
    • Like x 1
  15. Jojo

Jojo Writin and fightin

Here's a pic of me and my weird green dog named Herbert who is over 4 feet long
    [​IMG]
    His tail is brushing the back of my knees in this pic, which would be more impressive if i wasnt Short af

• Winner x 17
  16. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I LOVE HERBERT AND WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE OF HIM THANK U

• Agree x 12
  17. Jojo

Jojo Writin and fightin

@KingStarscream AS REQUESTED HERE IS THE BOY
    [​IMG]
    (Angery in the above pic because i was putting him back in his enclosure)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    His enclosure looks a bit different now bc he hung out in his tree so much that he shredded all the leaves and killed it rip

• Winner x 14
  18. Birdy

Birdy so long

so handsome! and so unimpressed

• Agree x 7
  19. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

A big boy!

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  20. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

He's wonderful!

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice