REVEAL YOUR PETS 2 ME >:3c

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by applechime, Apr 17, 2016.

?

what is best part

1. toes

60 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. tum

65 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. soft ears

74 vote(s)
    49.3%
  4. Snoot

66 vote(s)
    44.0%
  5. blep

74 vote(s)
    49.3%
  6. snif snif snif snif

67 vote(s)
    44.7%
  7. honour

45 vote(s)
    30.0%
  8. beans

72 vote(s)
    48.0%
  9. ....texture

65 vote(s)
    43.3%
  10. sweet and beauteous face

95 vote(s)
    63.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Jet had a panic attack yesterday.

We had Chinese takeout and there must have been something about the delivery guy because the next thing I knew he had vanished upstairs. He wouldn't come down for dinner until I went and looked for him, and he was hunched up behind the upstairs toilet until I came in and sat with him for a few minutes. He was so tense when I picked him up and he was so wide-eyed like he is at the vets.

I brought him downstairs and sat with him on their bed and even then he didn't start to unwind even slightly until I scruffed him and held him like a feral kitten, so he could smell my armpit and calm down. He and his sister came from a really rough area, so maybe someone who sounded/looked/smelled like the delivery guy did something bad to a black kitten with no adult to defend him? :(

He was better after an hour or two and some food, and he's been very cuddly and clingy since, bless him. But I've never seen a non-human animal have a panic attack like that before and it was really scary for everyone involved :/

Here's a blurry selfie of us this morning -
    IMG_20200531_113924.jpg

• Witnessed x 12
  2. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

poor kitty!

• Agree x 10
  3. PotteryWalrus

WE GOT TOADLETS
    IMG_20200604_111312.jpg IMG_20200604_111235.jpg
    They're so small guys I'm so filled with love and concern they're no bigger than my pinkie nail and even the micro crickets I bought for them look too big for their bitty mouths they're so small

Bonus: lil dude about ready to join his siblings on land any day now
    IMG_20200604_111440.jpg

• Winner x 10
    • Like x 2
  4. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I was walking Sebby in the park the other day and someone asked me if he had any wolf in him...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner x 6
    • Witnessed x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

So many people have no idea what a wolf looks like. I was at a thing a couple days ago and some guy had brought his long-haired black lab mix service dog and was saying it was a wolfdog, and I didn't say anything but I was thinking, "Sir, your dog is an excellent boy who is extremely well-behaved even around all these people and I congratulate you on your responsible pet ownership, but I will guarantee you that he has exactly as much wolf in him as my parents' Boston Terriers."
    reclining goob.png

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 1
  6. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

(Y'know that makes me wonder if people not recognisin wolves has something to do with sheps, huskies and malamutes being easier to put in Wolf Makeup for movies than having CG wolves or god forbid real ones.)

• Agree x 6
  7. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Honestly, I've even seen CG wolves that are obviously dogs if you know how to tell the difference.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
  8. PotteryWalrus

Tiny froggo does tiny splits, news at ten
    IMG_20200609_181000.jpg
    Also jazz hands. There's six toadlets now, some of which may be frogs, and they're slowly accruing their own personalities. I call this one Olive.

• Winner x 7
  9. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Olive is darling and I'm very love them

• Agree x 5
  10. PotteryWalrus

I feel like I've hijacked this thread so please tell me if I should go make my own but -

IMG_20200613_143502.jpg

Greyling honored me yesterday XD

• Winner x 9
  11. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

ohhhhh tiny BAB

• Agree x 5
  12. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

NEVER apologise for froglets!

• Agree x 8
  13. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

@PotteryWalrus your posts are making me extremely nostalgic. when I was a little kid in North Carolina, I used to raise peeper frog tadpoles every year in an outdoor terrarium. my dad and I would go grab as many as we could find from the puddles in an electrical utility access road somewhere in the woods behind our house, and then I’d watch them grow into frogs... I was also really proud of the viviscaping I did in the tank, though I just piled rocks up in half of it and managed to get some plants to grow on them.

you’ve made me realize I could do the exact same thing as an adult! finally I have motivation to clean my room so there will be an actual place to put a terrarium!! too late for tadpoles this year but in the future... yes

• Winner x 9
  14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I still don't have words for how tiny those frogs are

• Agree x 8
  15. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

not a picture atm, but I weighted my snails (Achatina fulica, both of them) today and Franklin is clocking in at 317g at just 3 years of age. that's over half a pound of snel. They're usually coming in at around 300g, so she's beeing Particulary Chonk even for a species known as 'giant african landsnails'

• Winner x 10
  16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

hi I’d like to report a product malfunction, my cat is melting

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    bonus: the beans of Beans
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 10
    • Like x 1
  17. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Sorry, our warranty policy does not cover consumer negligence and you clearly left your cat in the sun.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  18. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Have I shown you guys Puddle yet?

F981FEB1-72DF-4D68-9477-075AAAA86FDB.jpeg 63EDF184-0F1A-4BE4-914E-31C0F4557C05.jpeg

• Winner x 12
  19. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Puddle in a grassy puddle... blending in

• Agree x 2
  20. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

My new housemate brought his cat with him and he is a darling. His name is Marmite Sandwich
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Winner x 12
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice