REVEAL YOUR PETS 2 ME >:3c

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by applechime, Apr 17, 2016.

?

what is best part

1. toes

60 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. tum

65 vote(s)
    43.0%
  3. soft ears

74 vote(s)
    49.0%
  4. Snoot

66 vote(s)
    43.7%
  5. blep

74 vote(s)
    49.0%
  6. snif snif snif snif

67 vote(s)
    44.4%
  7. honour

45 vote(s)
    29.8%
  8. beans

72 vote(s)
    47.7%
  9. ....texture

66 vote(s)
    43.7%
  10. sweet and beauteous face

95 vote(s)
    62.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

@chaoticArbiter you should look for breeders in you area. As far as i know its pretty much like buying birds- you want a healthy, well socialized animal, and a big pet store is not going to give you that.

2. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

makes sense! I mean, I wasn't gonna go to a pet store in the first place, hence why I asked, but I was unaware mouse breeders existed....
    tucks this information away for later.
    I love mice.

3. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

I love mice too, but my mom is very allergic to rodents vnv so i have/have had everything else lol(birds, fish, ferrets, snake, iguana, oppossums, short tailed possums, hedgehogs, cats, dogs, hissing roaches etc.)

For everyone- whats the strangest pet you've ever had? I had pet hissing cockroaches when i was little, but oppossums are probably a close second as far as weirdest goes

4. chaoticArbiter

I haven't ever had any strange pets, unfortunately. I had a beta fish, a hamster, and then Hannah, my pupper. that's it!

5. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

All of those are cool bbies. Im especially fond of betta fish, but for the most part ive had not great luck with them, and am currently not having good luck. probably in no small part bc of crummy pet store stock(my heart for an imported betta but shipping fish is soooo expensive :c).

6. chaoticArbiter

I feel bad for my old betta
    he was very pretty but I was seven or eight and didn't know anything about them, and my parents didn't research, so we were given a ten year old beta by one of my dad's friends and it got stuck in a vase and died in like a couple months.

7. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

10???? Bettas usually only live for 2-5 years usually, so i think someone lied to you.
    But anyway, dont feel bad. Most people who have had fish, even ones who are serious keepers now, have made the same mistake keeping their first in a small container. The myth that bettas can live in vases and bowls is so pervasive, even the little pamphlets at petsmart say its okay.

8. chaoticArbiter

she said it was 10 years old, but /shrug
    but I feel bad anyway
    it probably had a sad end to its life :c poor betta.

9. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

I mean, even a vase is better than those little cups theyre sold in, and i found three dead just last time i visited petsmart. I always feel bad when fish die too though. (And ill probably be flushing my own soon...)

10. chaoticArbiter

D: D: D:
    I don't
    like pet stores
    they make me sad

• Like x 1
  11. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

I dont blame you. Hopefully the locally owned one thats opening next month will have import bettas. They started with saltwater but theyre expanding to a bigger place right now, and i have great hopes for them bc their saltwater stuff is absolutely incredible. Seriously, i would pay an entrance fee just to oggle at their eels and inverts and everything. Here's some pics from their old store
    image.jpeg
    Baby! Horseshoe! Crabs!!!
    image.jpeg
    A watchman goby and a pistol shrimp!

• Like x 10
  12. chaoticArbiter

oh, wow, that's awesome! :D

13. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Betta fish need a 5 gallon enclosure minimum to be healthy, anything else and they'll get sick. Thats the primary reason that the average lifespan is 2-5, nobody takes care of them correctly.

• Like x 1
  14. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

I am aware of what they need. I dont keep anything in anything smaller than a 10g aquarium. That is not why their average is 2-5 years. Betta imbellis have an average of 4- considering they are not pet store fish, few people are keeping them improperly. An average lifespan for a goldfish is 10-20 years and there is no possible way that is factoring in everyone who puts -them- in bowls. This feels like you are blaming me for my betta dying right now.

15. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

• Like x 1
  16. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Thats me when I buy bettas. On a somewhat related note, i was overjoyed to find a walmart that sold absolutely no fish last weekend! I hope they all follow suit.

17. chaoticArbiter

.....there was a puppy pet store near the place my mom and I used to get haircuts
    and sometimes after mine was done or while I was waiting for mine I would go look at the puppies
    it made me sad
    I wanted to buy them all and take them home

• Like x 1
  18. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

The pet stores around here put their fish in properly big tanks, at least the ones I went to. They still sell goldfish tanks that are too small, though. :c

19. chaoticArbiter

I'm going to be thinking about those puppies all day now
    I felt so bad for them all
    there were so many of them
    they had little tiny enclosures and like five puppies would be squished all in one
    they barely had room to walk :c
    and they clearly weren't being fed proper diets, you could tell from the way the Malteses and Bichons looked

• Like x 1
  20. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice