Right, I'm here now

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by bramblepatch, Feb 23, 2015.

1. bramblepatch

bramblepatch ground/water dualtype

Hello, all! I answer to Shannon (the meatspace name) or Bramble (my usual online handle), and wow it's been a long time since I've done an intro post on a forum site. You may have seen me around tumblr; I'm bramblepatch over there too and I chime in on stuff on Seeb's blog from time to time.

Right. Basic stats. I'm 25, pansexual and agender, and my pronouns are they/them. I'm dfab living with polycystic ovarian syndrome which basically means I have the whole internal reproductive parts thing going on but not the hormonal profile to remind them what they're supposed to do on anything resembling a reliable basis. I'm unemployed and living with my parents because adulting is hard. I really strongly suspect that I'm some variety of autistic but am completely self-rx'd at this point because navigating the medical system is also hard.

Religion-wise, I'm an agnostic theist by belief and progressive christian by upbringing and current community affiliation, and I occasionally dabble in extremely free-range occultism, by which I mostly mean I like to light candles and mess around with tarot cards from time to time.

I do a lot of journal-based RP and I write less fiction and make less art than I'd like to. Currently I'm working on making a tarot deck featuring goblins, and I've been toying with jewelry-making with lots of hemp cord and cheap glass beads and found-object charms and elements. I dabble in a lot of fandoms but don't really have one in particular that I'm in deep right now, beyond a lingering state of Too Homestuck To Live. (and even there it's less "deep investment in the comic" and more "I'm leaving and I'm taking the Alternian worldbuilding with me.")

If you haven't read Digger by Ursula Vernon, I will probably attempt to convince you to do so at some point. It's got a wonderfully complex setting, a pragmatic, no-nonsense heroine, and beautiful artwork, as well as a dead god, a feral demon child who asks a lot of hard moral questions, and lizards who are very polite about their desire to skin people and write the lefthand names of god in purple ink on the inside of the skins.

• Like x 3
  2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

As one does.

3. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

4. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

It would not do to write the lefthand names of god in brown.

5. bramblepatch

Of course! But purple ink is hard to come by, which makes the skin lizards sad.

hai nai

6. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

sounds like my kinda work of fiction tbh

7. Starcrossedsky

(I'll second the digger rec because bramble made me read it and it's really good. Shadowchild is my favorite.)

8. Stophelping

Stophelping Building a house out of love

I own the hardcover copy of Digger and it ties with Castle Waiting as my best purchase ever.

9. bramblepatch

[​IMG]
    exactly. look at this cutie. you know you want to read about this cutie.

10. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

11. ingloriousHeist

ingloriousHeist Shen an Calhar

Hi, Bramble!
    I've gotta be honest, goblin tarot sounds really interesting.

12. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

purple is the best colour.
    (haven't read digger. just likes purple a lot.)

13. bramblepatch

I just kind of got to the point where I wasn't quite feeling either of the decks I have - I mean, admittedly, one of them is the homestuck tarot, see also: me being too homestuck to live - and I wanted something a little... I don't know, "grungier" isn't quite it. Scruffier might be closer.

14. Starcrossedsky

I'd say scruffier is an apt description from what you've shown me, kind of the same way I'm looking for something Bolder with mine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice