rivals?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by bushwah, Jul 19, 2019.

1. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

Feast: attended!

Remaining: writing; washing the floor!

• Winner x 1
  2. bushwah

(things I was going to do and didn’t redacted)

misestimated my endurance; rookie mistake. I'll try again tomorrow.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  3. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

sleep eludes me, so i have set my sights on other goals:
    • challah (dishwasher needs to be run twice for this)
    • setting up therapy app
    • distilling inventory into a coherent shopping list (must be divided into "how long can we go without" and "where do we buy it from")
    • making a meal plan - several things need to be used up
    • cleaning stove and counters

4. bushwah

a tactical retreat, to prepare to face sleep with glory!

• Agree x 1
  5. bushwah

I got overambitious and wore myself out trying to stuff everything into one day. (I went back and edited some previous posts to redact specifics that were making me feel defensive and jittery to think about living up to.) Today I’m just going to pick up my computer from the repair place and attend one other appointment. After I’ve done that, rested, and eaten, I can try to pick up something bigger like mail sorting or sweeping or exercise, if I feel strong enough to do it without hurting myself.

Rivals, I’m going to knock your socks off when I’m back, so if you aren’t benefitening from a little break like me, try to get a head start—you’ll need it.

• Like x 1
  6. idiomie

what, you think I want to face you when you aren't at your best? gain back your strength and come back - I'm only interested in competing when I'll win under my own power, not because a stiff wind could knock you out!

• Like x 1
  7. bushwah

(flinch. tell me you don't think less of me for this.)

Well, I did what I intended to do. I fetched my computer (which is working ! !! !!!), had some food, and went to the place for the appointment. (I also engaged in Eccentric Hobby. I was in the area. Go figure.) Resting time is now. Feels wrong to be not doing things when there's things I feel like could do, but in the long term, well, you can't increase production by packaging up your capital and selling it. Gotta hold onto that. Rivalry is to make us be strong, not to make us look strong for a day or two.

8. idiomie

(definitely do not - and framing in the context of this thread, it takes strength to pull back, acknowledge when you need rest, and rest until you're ready. whether because you overextended and needed to recover or because you have goal you need to be well-rested for, pulling back against pressure to keep going is important and valuable and hard. I was trying to be joky and ridiculous, but I'm sorry my language didn't adequately reflect this)
    well said

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  9. bushwah

yes this.

you didn't -- didn't do it wrong, exactly, but I also, I guess I needed actual recognition of what I'd done from you as a person and not just my rival, and I didn't know how to ask for it until I was already pretty upset about not having gotten it? if that makes sense?

thank you. I still need a break, but. feel more settled about it, now.

• Like x 1
  10. idiomie

it's probably at least part a difference in receiving - what I said is something I would have enjoyed as a response, would like hearing from someone else. but it wasn't suited to you, so I'll just have to challenge you in new ways. ;)

11. bushwah

I was having an off couple weeks. I'm back now.

Gonna go adventuring to a place where the mountain folk make machines, and see if they'll part with some of their secrets.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. Camber

Camber Active Member

if any are still around who dare to face me, doer of things: I may lie wounded but I will overcome this shadow and join the fray - all the more gladly if a fight awaits! fight on, any rivals still present, and I shall meet you in battle.

goals for today: push past reluctance and fear at least three more times, and so make three more attempts on this wretched task. getting two sections up to 500 words would be excellent; three, unparalleled.

13. bushwah

I look forward to seeing what mettle you may bring forth! I have a day of questing ahead of me, and I am as we speak attending to provisions.

• Like x 1
  14. bushwah

I depart my stronghold!

15. bushwah

@ChelG

pursuant to your most recent profile post

"Sometimes I think a kismesis would do me a world of good."

meet me in the fucking pit

16. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

I'd just like to inform you all that you have less than a day left to defeat me, because sixteen hours from now I will get out of bed on time for the first time in weeks and actually do my morning exercises, and from then on I will undoubtedly grow too powerful for anyone to dream of matching.

No need to worry—I promise I'll be a gracious victor and overlord! I suppose you could start training to challenge me now, just for kicks, but surely no one could actually become that powerful in just sixteen hours?

• Winner x 3
  17. bushwah

Oh yeah? I’m getting my flu shot within the hour—if I can best my insurance and obtain the pharmacist’s coöperation. Even if I fail, I’ll go hunting at the grocery store and bring home a week’s supply of food. You may be ahead for now, but I won’t be far behind. And that’s a promise, loser.

:D

• Winner x 4
  18. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Ha! I wrote over a thousand words yesterday, so there!!

And TODAY I’m gonna tackle the shit on my bed! Might even go for the gold and get to picking up the floor. >:3 Beat me if you can, mofos!!

• Winner x 3
  19. bushwah

Where have you been sleeping?! I should host you for that. The best revenge is mercy :3

I could believe you’ll clear the bed; it’s the sort of challenge that’s suited for you as my rival. But taking things off the floor? Plural? More than one? Don’t make me laugh

• Like x 1
  20. bushwah

Oh and about your thousand words: shit, you got me. I’ll have to redouble my efforts. I did not write a thousand words.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice