Role Play Game Stories!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Sethrial MacCoill, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Have a funny, cool, or otherwise interesting story from an RPG? Share it! We'll take stories from any kind of rpg, from LARPs to tabletops to videogames, and anywhere in between.

2. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I'll start with a tabletop story and a larp story.

Tabletop: If you haven't heard of Tactical Waifu, go look it up. It's incredible. I'm DMing a campaign, and one of my players rolls critical fails constantly. first session, he rolled four in a row and failed to jump through a window, hide, kickflip off of someone's face, and shoot out a lock. On the last one I decided "you know what? You know what? No more of this. New rule. When you crit fail, you don't fail. You succeed, but something awful happens." So when he tried to shoot the lock out of the door he also shot the person trying to pick the lock on the other side and blasted their head off, and after that none of the hostages he was trying to rescue trusted him. He had to get one of the other players to come save them.

Larping: Yesterday I was playing Amtgard and was running a crowd control healer vs a battlemage wizard. He had a kill spell, I had a shove spell. I had ambulants, he didn't. For the three rounds we played, my opening move was to sprint at him screaming the shove spell while he tried to kill me with Finger of Death. His spell was a lot longer than mine, and he couldn't cast while moving his feet, so if I could shout "My power shoves thee" x3 faster than he could yell "I call upon death to smite thee" x3, I neutralized him for long enough for my team to win the point. Oh, and the rest of my team was immune to magic. Suck it, wizard.

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice