Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I get so many fucking melee kills with Lucio. I can count on at least two a match with him, I swan to john. The only other character I routinely deal out lethal punchies with is suitless D.va, because I guess my entire playstyle with both them fuckers is about the same; either go whole hog dipping into a fight, getting all up in someone's face and turning their immediate vicinity into a bullet hell with no escape, or staying 1000 miles away spamming damage at head height.

And the thing is, I'm so tempted to play more and more of them for entirely that melee kill based reason. I just. Like punching people to death. Who else is good for punchies? I thiiink Winston would be nice. Punchies and landing a jump on top of someone is his only way to do burst damage, and I feel like if I got real good at landing the jump + punch combo, it might help me secure quicker kills.

2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Mercy is really good for death punching, actually. I don't like switching off of heals if my team is actually doing decent damage output, so when people try to flank I usually punch them to death.

Once, I punched a Sombra to death five times in a row, and she swapped to Roadhog to murderate the shit out of me. I was so proud.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 1
  3. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

• Like x 1
  4. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Lookit how cute this Ana is.

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 1
  5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

So apparently for April Fool's they made it so anyone playing Rein would have anything they said in text chat come out in all caps, covered in exclamation points, and with Reinhardt catchphrases.

I checked the tags on the post I saw about this, and they were full of people going, "Wait, that's what that was? I thought there was just a meme I missed."

• Agree x 1
  6. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

• Like x 3
  7. KingStarscream

The golden gun really makes it, I think.

• Like x 1
  8. Erica

for reference, this is the kinda shit kephrii usually pulls

makes the first clip twice as funny tbh

• Like x 4
  9. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Haha, I've only ever seen Kephrii being smooth as fuck with Widow. He's usually what prompts me to pay Widow, he makes her look so easy.

10. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

I love watching Kephrii play. So satisfying.

11. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

New comic!!

It's. Pretty fucking good. I really love Torb and Winston and Tracer and Mercy and also everyone.

• Like x 6
  12. KingStarscream

LOOOORE

• Agree x 1
  13. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I just saw someone ask whether the training match between Genji and Tracer was actually the equivalent of a Pokemon battle between Mercy and Winston to see whose miracle of science is superior.

• Like x 9
  14. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

15. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I just Torb-punched an ulting Bastion to death. I feel I have accomplished Something.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
  16. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

How do you guys think a tank whose main dealie is buffing allies and debuffing enemies would go? I was thinking, some sorta AOE dealie that reduces damage taken from all sources, maybe like 20-30%, and a low cooldown "blind" effect that'd reduce enemy vision to maybe 5-10 meters or give every character like sniper tunnel vision or something. They definitely couldn't dish out much damage, and prolly wouldn't have any real offensive abilities, just buffs and debuffs and a big ol healthpool.

Another buff I think might be kinda cool is something like "piercing rounds", where a character takes a minor damage penalty and in return their primary fire (not abilities) can pass through barriers. I've been sorta thinking about a support character who has a couple timed buffs that they can apply that would last for like 12 seconds or so, and last independent of the support, where they're at , if they've died, whatever, but in exchange, once they're buffed you're locked in for the whole 12 seconds. And a health regin would be in the stable of buffs, so you'd be taking a risk if you were to give someone the wrong sorta boost at the wrong sorta moment. The piercing rounds thing was one of the buffs I was thinking about for them. The others were a health regin of 20-30 hp/second, a boost to firing rate and reload speed (basically a damage boost), and one that lets you store a charge of each of your abilities, like how Tracer's blink or Symmetra's turrets work. Was thinking healer themself would store charges of their "mutagen", like 3, with a 4 second cooldown.

17. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

[​IMG]

• Like x 6
  18. Erica

has anyone posted this yet
    bc a friend just sent it in the group chat and i'm going to cry

19. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

[​IMG]

I want you all to appreciate Torb's fucking chin. Also, what he wore before he lost his hand, goddamn that sure streamlined that design, holy shit look at that fucking thing. to clarify, I actually really dig young torb's whole look, he's a cute dude.

[​IMG]

Also Pharah's dad is a babe.

• Like x 8
  20. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Aah i got Orisa's new skin :) and Zenyattas new highlight (tho i don't really get potg so :')
    Man i really want D.va's highlight

Young Gabriel's pre-Reaper voice tho omg!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice